Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I've had my gripes with JB quality in the past, but you dudes are cracking me up. Just return the shoe and be done with it then. I inspected two pairs last night when I saw them still at FNL and other than minor creasing, these are fine. If you want shoes that don't crease you may want to stick to Foams and be done with J's.

Has anyone else noticed that these run a little smaller than all of the other 4s that have dropped this year.

It seems like all the other ones ran big, but when I tired these on, they felt different than the other colorways. 

I needed an 11.5 instead of an 11.  Has anyone else tried these on and noticed this???

strolled into the mall at 1030 after drunkenly oversleeping the 8 am opening lol.

Pretty sure they had all sizes, I'll take a release like this anyday

That's not a flop by JB
If they're selling at full price and aren't going to outlets in masses, how exactly are they losing?
Regardless if they sell out in an hour, three days or two weeks, they're getting their money.
Some of you act like these are orions or something :smh:

Like i said earlier, they thought they can sell like they did a few months back which was selling out within day one. For this release it is selling like it was a few years back.

Yes they are still making the money but if they sit for a week chain stores start allowing the use of coupons and other discounts.

Like i said earlier, they thought they can sell like they did a few months back which was selling out within day one. For this release it is selling like it was a few years back.
Yes they are still making the money but if they sit for a week chain stores start allowing the use of coupons and other discounts.
The question is are they not selling due to lack of interest, or did they just supply more pairs of this shoe to each retailer?

The question is are they not selling due to lack of interest, or did they just supply more pairs of this shoe to each retailer?

I think like someone else posted earlier in this thread, people are generally burnt out. It's been an extremely long summer filled with quick strikes AND GR's not only from JB, but from Nike also. I think some of it can definitely attribute to people saving and prepping for the holiday releases as well.

They definitely moved more pairs to the retailers. I hear Niketown over here got a crap-ton. Same with HoH. My Finish Line got more than they usually get. One down here got 150 pairs. I hear another Finish Line over here got like, 80 or something.

Yup SEATTLE had our fair share of pairs.. and our weather is NOT rain 24/7 365... as LimitedRetroOG stated.. we have 90 degree weather today as we did yesterday... been unDSin kicks like crazy lately...

mean.gif

So you know sales figures for this release?  Have you done an inventory for stores across the country?  Do you know how many they sold or weren't sold or are you assuming?  Stores all across the country have FSR's left?

Do you even realize that Nike/JB charge an entirely different price to your chain stores and pop and pops?  JB doesn't care if you use coupons or not.  I used a Finishline coupon on mine, does that affect JB?  They made their money.  Finishline cares, but then again they don't because that's a sell.  You might have gone to another store, and that's a way to lure you in as a regular customer.

Why are you debating the success of a billion dollar company?  JB knows enough about sneakers, marketing and the climate that they know everything isn't going to sell out in ten minutes.  Learn business before you enter a debate about what a flop is.  Debate what you know.  Do you think you will be able to go in a store in a month and buy these, because that's how it used to be.

Dudes tried this same flop crap with the militaries, and then came the Olympics, and of course they weren't around to admit they were wrong.

So are you trying to say the olives, black cement and bred XI's will flop?

I'll wait and see if these will be discounted on swoosh like the Millitary IVs after the so called restock. I know there will be a lot of shoes returned after resellers can't sell them for a profitable price and nike will call it a restock.

Last edited:
I skipped and passed on my RSVP after another NT member said something about NTSF had a bunch of bad pairs they couldn't get rid of. And that they would call and ship out the shoes when their next shipment came in. Is that what happend? What exactly went down when you got there?

When I got there the dude who was handling it told me that they didn't get half their shipment or whatever and that they could only give pairs to the first couple of people that got their RSVP in. Kept apologizing about the situation and asked for my number. Said I would get a call in a few days and that they would be shipped to my house. I don't understand why they didn't post about this on twitter or had people who RSVPd call in so they wouldn't waste their time. I'm not going to lie I was heated(i'm already a hot head) and making the trip out there plus paying for parking made me even more hot. Not to mention this whole crooked RSVP bs already has me saying f these fools.

What do you guys think is the most common size for jordans?  I thought few people wear size 13 but it seems like that size flys off shelves

When I got there the dude who was handling it told me that they didn't get half their shipment or whatever and that they could only give pairs to the first couple of people that got their RSVP in. Kept apologizing about the situation and asked for my number. Said I would get a call in a few days and that they would be shipped to my house. I don't understand why they didn't post about this on twitter or had people who RSVPd call in so they wouldn't waste their time. I'm not going to lie I was heated(i'm already a hot head) and making the trip out there plus paying for parking made me even more hot. Not to mention this whole crooked RSVP bs already has me saying f these fools.

F NTSF! Their rsvp is rigged. I'm 0/100, or at least it feels like it! I gave up on the rsvp for this release. And for them to not even give the rsvp winners a heads up on the shipment??? I would be heated too! Waste time, gas, money for nothing? F NTSF!!

:smh:

So you know sales figures for this release?  Have you done an inventory for stores across the country?  Do you know how many they sold or weren't sold or are you assuming?  Stores all across the country have FSR's left?

Do you even realize that Nike/JB charge an entirely different price to your chain stores and pop and pops?  JB doesn't care if you use coupons or not.  I used a Finishline coupon on mine, does that affect JB?  They made their money.  Finishline cares, but then again they don't because that's a sell.  You might have gone to another store, and that's a way to lure you in as a regular customer.

Why are you debating the success of a billion dollar company?  JB knows enough about sneakers, marketing and the climate that they know everything isn't going to sell out in ten minutes.  Learn business before you enter a debate about what a flop is.  Debate what you know.  Do you think you will be able to go in a store in a month and buy these, because that's how it used to be.

Dudes tried this same flop crap with the militaries, and then came the Olympics, and of course they weren't around to admit they were wrong.

So are you trying to say the olives, black cement and bred XI's will flop?

No i do not know sales figures but if the online stores and a few local stores still have pairs then this release didn't sell as well as it did a few months back.

I already know that they get shoes for a lower rate than the normal customers, JB doesn't care because it doesn't affect them they already made their money buy selling to chain stores. Nike/JB might not care about coupons but i know that FNL does care since they exclude coupons for JB products. Sometimes they even go as far as to cancel an order that used a coupon.

As for the Militaries they still have those in stock at my local footlocker and still have some sizes up at retail online at foolocker and thats already been almost 2 months.

Why are you questioning my motives? if i want to debate i can, from the start i was just pointing out an observation, but then someone got to prove me wrong.

Stop thinking about the past, the time is now; things change the hype has grown to a new level this is not 2005 standards change as do prices.

I never said the olives, black cement and black/red Xi will flop. I actually think black cement and black/red xi will sellout within day one, not sure about the olives.

These are hot, ppl tripping get out of herr wit your lame comments...creasing...oh the leather aint on par...****. if you dont like em dont buy em. Stop hating....youll be mad when u see em on feet.....must hace for cincinnati reds fan, goes ham wit my phillips jersey. Winning

I went to get them and they had some creasing on both of the toe boxes and they had some creases on the sides of them.

There was also a stain one of the shoe's netting, any way to get that out? I tried to take it off with water but it didn't work.

Did an employee maybe train them on? Or is the quality of the shoe really that bad?

Here are some pictures of mine

This is the one with the stain, SMH

My wife and I bought our pairs at the HOH and both of our pairs had creasing on the sides and extra glue marks on them.  I love the pair they look sick but I'm getting tired of the bad quality on Jordans lately.  The only pair that has had really good quality that i got in the past couple of months has been the cavs 4's.

I went to get them and they had some creasing on both of the toe boxes and they had some creases on the sides of them.

There was also a stain one of the shoe's netting, any way to get that out? I tried to take it off with water but it didn't work.

Did an employee maybe train them on? Or is the quality of the shoe really that bad?

Here are some pictures of mine

This is the one with the stain, SMH
I had the same problems with mine.  

my military blue ivs weren't pre-creased like that but the entire toe box had wrinkles. looked like stretch marks. hella lame. the 4s are really frustrating, wear them once and they look like you've worn them every day for 3 years.

No i do not know sales figures but if the online stores and a few local stores still have pairs then this release didn't sell as well as it did a few months back.
I already know that they get shoes for a lower rate than the normal customers, JB doesn't care because it doesn't affect them they already made their money buy selling to chain stores. Nike/JB might not care about coupons but i know that FNL does care since they exclude coupons for JB products. Sometimes they even go as far as to cancel an order that used a coupon.
As for the Militaries they still have those in stock at my local footlocker and still have some sizes up at retail online at foolocker and thats already been almost 2 months.
Why are you questioning my motives? if i want to debate i can, from the start i was just pointing out an observation, but then someone got to prove me wrong.
Stop thinking about the past, the time is now; things change the hype has grown to a new level this is not 2005 standards change as do prices.
I never said the olives, black cement and black/red Xi will flop. I actually think black cement and black/red xi will sellout within day one, not sure about the olives.
Shouldn't we as consumers look forward to releases like this one? I'm done lining up for sneakers, if I can walk into a store in the middle of the day and grab a pair of Retros then that's a win for me. Jordan brand only loses when they have to lower their wholesale prices. That's not happening anytime soon. Call me crazy, but given the fact that that's not in the cards, we as the consumers should look forward to every break that we get. I've looked forward to this release for a while and not having to stress over it is a win to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom