Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
F'n exchange rates ... how do they work?!
Not sure if it is a real question but the more a currency is worth the less it cost to buy other currency.

If it cost 50 cents to buy 1 foreign dollar, then the domestic currency is worth twice as much as the foreign currency.

I went to the store and they tried to guilt me out of buying it again. Telling me to sell it on eBay or they would do it themselves. I said go ahead, it is not going for much above retail. After I buy the box and waste gas to and from the UPS store I would break even. Not that I am a reseller anyway.
I also stuffed the shoes with tissue paper, like I do with all shoes that come with flimsy/hollow shoe trees. But it made the toebox precreases invisible and I didnt point that out. Can they somehow stop the refund from processing if they notice this, which one should by tonight if they do buy to sell? This is at Finishline, does anyone know, because these children would think I wore those shoes or something.
lol its not that serious. finishline even has a policy on there running shoes where you cqan exchange them worn in 30 days if there not comfy. as long as you have a return receipt they cant stop anything

and the main reason they dont want the return is it takes away 200 from there total day sales. if its a slower location then they need every dollar towards there goal.

Last edited:
I went to the store and they tried to guilt me out of buying it again. Telling me to sell it on eBay or they would do it themselves. I said go ahead, it is not going for much above retail. After I buy the box and waste gas to and from the UPS store I would break even. Not that I am a reseller anyway.
I also stuffed the shoes with tissue paper, like I do with all shoes that come with flimsy/hollow shoe trees. But it made the toebox precreases invisible and I didnt point that out. Can they somehow stop the refund from processing if they notice this, which one should by tonight if they do buy to sell? This is at Finishline, does anyone know, because these children would think I wore those shoes or something.
If you want to return the shoes, you have full authority to do so... i dont get why youve been to the store twice now, and you still havnt returned them.  

If you want to return the shoes, you have full authority to do so... i dont get why youve been to the store twice now, and you still havnt returned them.  

I did return them. Please read what you reply to.
I will admit i should've the first time

then wtf are you worried about, you got you money back right? you think their going to chase you down and say give it back?
laugh.gif

Fyi, once they accepted your goods and processed the refund, theres no going back on their part.  Cash or credit card, same thing

Last edited:
then wtf are you worried about, you got you money back right? you think their going to chase you down and say give it back?
laugh.gif

Fyi, once they accepted your goods and processed the refund, theres no going back on their part.  Cash or credit card, same thing
yep.

lol its not that serious. finishline even has a policy on there running shoes where you cqan exchange them worn in 30 days if there not comfy. as long as you have a return receipt they cant stop anything
and the main reason they dont want the return is it takes away 200 from there total day sales. if its a slower location then they need every dollar towards there goal.
That makes sense since this store gets about 12ish pairs of a retro release. Places in the city get at least a hundred

Okay thanks. Kid was mean muggin me when I returned em and said "Call the number in the back of the receipt for qustions about your return" As if he was saying "Don't be surprised if you don't get your money back". I mean why would I have questions with ya mean muggin ***?

Yah I kept both my purchase receipt and my return receipt.

then wtf are you worried about, you got you money back right? you think their going to chase you down and say give it back?:lol:
Alright, wasn't sure if they could block the return if they discovered how bad the creases were and thought I wore them or something. Just something bout the way dude was mean muggin me had me tweakin

I hope my pair coming in Tuesday is a better pair.

Last edited:
Alright, wasn't sure if they could block the return if they discovered how bad the creases were and thought I wore them or something. Just something bout the way dude was mean muggin me had me tweakin
I hope my pair coming in Tuesday is a better pair.
lol he was mean mugging you because, you were taking away a sale and probably because hes a hater.

Legally its impossible for them to do that, if you want to get technical. Once they took your shoes and initiated a refund, thats the end.  They would of had to tell you before accepting the pair, and never took them. Im currently studying law.  He was most likely referring to the number, for the time frame of your refund.

Last edited:
I GOT 4 PAIRS OF THESE AND NONE OF THEM ARE KEEPERS, BADLY CREASED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX I WOULD CALL THEM NDS AT BEST. MILITARY BLUE WAS THE SAME WAY. SHAME ON NIKE AND JB FOR LETTING THIS CRAP PAST QUALITY CONTROL WHICH MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A 6 YEAR OLD BLIND KID. SMH

I GOT 4 PAIRS OF THESE AND NONE OF THEM ARE KEEPERS, BADLY CREASED RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX I WOULD CALL THEM NDS AT BEST. MILITARY BLUE WAS THE SAME WAY. SHAME ON NIKE AND JB FOR LETTING THIS CRAP PAST QUALITY CONTROL WHICH MUST BE SUPERVISED BY A 6 YEAR OLD BLIND KID. SMH
I wouldnt doubt the 6 year old, quality control.  With the sweat shop conditions they work in, they probably did this on purpose to say **** you nike.  Bet their having the last laugh right now 
laugh.gif

Walked into HOH today and long and behold they had a pair of them on display! One of the shoe came precreased. Didn't really care cause I was going to wear them anyways so I just picked them up. Haha walked in looking for a USA team jersey and ended up with some shoes instead...

This is the bizarro world shoe lie. I've heard of people trying to claim worn sneakers as DS (This NDS, VNDS is nonsense - a sneaker only exists in two states, new or used - status within the latter group is subjective). But, this is the first time I've heard of somebody claiming new sneakers are used.

this thread is turning into crease and no crease discussion..LOL!

dont have the fire red yet. my WC4 dont crease but they stiff as hell, hurts my feet. military creases but more comfy..i go with military.

Last edited:
lol he was mean mugging you because, you were taking away a sale and probably because hes a hater.

Legally its impossible for them to do that, if you want to get technical. Once they took your shoes and initiated a refund, thats the end.  They would of had to tell you before accepting the pair, and never took them. Im currently studying law.  He was most likely referring to the number, for the time frame of your refund.

Thats what i thought. It would follow the same rules as restaurants, how they cant keep refilling your drink if it cost money without telling you. Just in reverse.

Lol, i know you are mad but lets not go around saying any shoe in recent history is as bad as these Fire Reds.

This is the bizarro world shoe lie. I've heard of people trying to claim worn sneakers as DS (This NDS, VNDS is nonsense - a sneaker only exists in two states, new or used - status within the latter group is subjective). But, this is the first time I've heard of somebody claiming new sneakers are used.

You know what he meant. These brand new shoes could pass off as NDS if they were trading.
We dont know there condition, wouldnt be surprised if the kids tested these shoes out ina game of 5 on 5, put em back in the box, then shipped em out.

The sad part about that statement is my pair that I ordered from Europe, arrived on Thursday, a day earlier than expected lol.

Usually NDC delivers by the following week.

I ordered from eastbay On friday morning and I am getting my pair on Tuesday. I cant wait, so I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully both mine and yours are one of those flawless pairs people claim to have

Ordered on release date from NDC and I won't get my damn pair until Tuesday.
I have you beat. I ordered mine on release date and won't get mine until Wednesday. Sucks being in So Cal when Nike ships three business days AFTER a release. 
mad.gif

Hey~! Got these from Nike Malaysia. I've contacted them and they are swapping me with with a decent pair. They did mention they will check before shipping! Wish me luck!! On a side note, i've worn my military blues less than 10 times and the paint in the heel is starting to come off...is this...uh...normal?

Hey~! Got these from Nike Malaysia. I've contacted them and they are swapping me with with a decent pair. They did mention they will check before shipping! Wish me luck!! On a side note, i've worn my military blues less than 10 times and the paint in the heel is starting to come off...is this...uh...normal?
10 times? lol that seems like a lot before cracking on jordans. ive had jordans cracking after the first wear

Was considering copping with that promo code, but after reading everyone's issues with this release, I think I'll keep my money

Was considering copping with that promo code, but after reading everyone's issues with this release, I think I'll keep my money

fam just cop if you want them

a lot of these complaints are from people that dont even have a real idea what quality is they are just piggy backing off other peoples complaints

the shoes will crease if you wear them ...seriously

people complained that the cement iv leather was too hard and didnt crease & now people say "why didnt they give these the cement iv leather"

MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND'S PEOPLE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom