Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Yo any famous people you guys met at work?? Ive been working there for a year and ive met, Rafael Furkal SS for the dodgers and I seen gentry in there too..

Oh i plan on doin this once i finsh school, cuz nike pays for lik courses and stuff in business and marketing but my manager basically recommended 2 sum peopleout in dallas were he was at but really like dude above said u jus gotta really relocate and "get in" wit people. Luckily i got this manager who knoalotta people and he set up alot of the young dudes who he work wit and feel do well

These are gonna be like what, $186 on swoosh? I think I'll stay up a lil later. Hey JordanLovah, do you have dreads? I think I've seen you come into my store, Target West Hollywood.

i didn't know there was a target in west hollywood....so no, that wasn't me. you work at target or for nike??

Wow it ain't that serious... it's just sneakers. That man could lose his job for giving his discount to you... and for what? So you can save 40% whilehe loses a steady check?

so anyone kno when these will be up yet on nike.com??...cuz i fell asleep after trying to get them on eastbay and finishline....and I just woke up...

Originally Posted by drdrey11

I know....I should have tried on Monday so I won't be waiting right now.

Anyone here trying to make it to corporate as well?....I mean 'cause I just graduated and I've been trying like hell to get in. Does anyone have any advice?
Try to make connects. If you work at a retail location, like an outlet, get in with your DM. I'm in good with mine and she's waiting for me toget closer to the 2 year retail exp. mark to help move me up to a lead/manager position, shes open to moving me to another store if need be. My store'sS&R lead had to email corporate employees all the time for work and got to talking to one of them and has her foot in the door for some internships thissummer on Campus after she graduates, (she wants to work in LP so when our LP dude comes she always talks to him as much as she can). The Director of Factorystores, Dan Sawall, visited my store recently and I got to talk to him for a while because my DM hyped me up to him about how I run and use the Plus system,(which he loves to death), and I collect shoes and have a knowledge of the shoes that almost no other mployee in the store has. Its all about making connectswhile you can. Any time you get a corporate visit, introduce yourself and make an effort to do your job while they're there, (if you work on the floor makesure you're approaching and re-aproaching, walking around, handing out those stupid shopping bags, etc).

Well my manager has been tying to help me, and made a couple of connections as well. Just my luck that when I finally made it through with the DM that personis moving to Asia to help Nike there.

Dang, come on swoosh!!! I've been waiting for 2 hours now.

Originally Posted by redcar802

Originally Posted by Mgrant44

Originally Posted by redcar802

is there anyway that i can get invited to be a swoosh member

i think swoosh member can send invite to family n friends...can u???

invite me pls

Family only my friend. It aint worth it for us to lose our jobs over a discount.

Your best bet to try and get on swoosh? Go to niketown and try and bribe someone with a few hundred bucks cash. My boy did that and he was hooked up for about a year.

ok i though friends work too.....so i i offer u a few hundrred bucks u wiill hoook me up
No offense....but no. I have never met you before. This is true for everyone else on here. Do you really think it is worth it for me to put not onlymy discount but MY JOB on the line so you can save some cash on shoes? Get a job at a Nike outlet store 1 day a week or two and you got your own access.

Originally Posted by JordanLovah

These are gonna be like what, $186 on swoosh? I think I'll stay up a lil later. Hey JordanLovah, do you have dreads? I think I've seen you come into my store, Target West Hollywood.
i didn't know there was a target in west hollywood....so no, that wasn't me.

Aww dang... you don't have dreads or wear glasses either?

people I have met, Ronnie Lott, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Michael Vick, Lebron James, Jason Richardson, Dusty Baker, Terry Francona, Dave Chap, Mike Epps,Barry Bonds (shopping for son), Moises Alou, Albert Pujols, Cal Ripken Jr., Brian Westbrook, Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, damn there are so many can'tthink anymore oh yeah Rihanna.

wondering the same thing but pacific time? also want to also know where do i look for them cas i type in the search box "jordans" and they dont showup

ohwell.gif

wondering the same thing but pacific time? also want to also know where do i look for them cas i type in the search box "jordans" and they dont showup

Originally Posted by LiL bRaZiL bAbY

Originally Posted by drdrey11

I know....I should have tried on Monday so I won't be waiting right now.

Anyone here trying to make it to corporate as well?....I mean 'cause I just graduated and I've been trying like hell to get in. Does anyone have any advice?
Try to make connects. If you work at a retail location, like an outlet, get in with your DM. I'm in good with mine and she's waiting for me to get closer to the 2 year retail exp. mark to help move me up to a lead/manager position, shes open to moving me to another store if need be. My store's S&R lead had to email corporate employees all the time for work and got to talking to one of them and has her foot in the door for some internships this summer on Campus after she graduates, (she wants to work in LP so when our LP dude comes she always talks to him as much as she can). The Director of Factory stores, Dan Sawall, visited my store recently and I got to talk to him for a while because my DM hyped me up to him about how I run and use the Plus system, (which he loves to death), and I collect shoes and have a knowledge of the shoes that almost no other mployee in the store has. Its all about making connects while you can. Any time you get a corporate visit, introduce yourself and make an effort to do your job while they're there, (if you work on the floor make sure you're approaching and re-aproaching, walking around, handing out those stupid shopping bags, etc).

For those of you looking to get in with Nike with an internship for the Summer, start looking on Nikebiz.com now. Those of you who are employees who workat Employee Store's, Outlet Stores, Niketown's, etc. get to know your GBU people, EKINS, or anyone else that has a Nike business card that walks intoyour store. Connections definitely help...anyone that wants to discuss this in more depth is more than welcome to PM me with questions as to how to getyourself onto campus.

Well my manager has been tying to help me, and made a couple of connections as well. Just my luck that when I finally made it through with the DM that person is moving to Asia to help Nike there.
Zoe? She's nice!

o ok, treewing....i don't know you then

Man ive always been protective of my swoosh account im always gonna keep my account only 6 deep, i gotta few more yrs in school b4 i start seein real money soi aint tryna loose my job or discount for people that ion even kno... Srry 2 the peoples dats askin but they goin hard on the people that jus give out invites

It seems like working through retail is slower....I've heard that most people have had to leave Nike and then come back. It would be very nice though tobe one of those people who never had to leave Nike and have been working there all their lives.

Can you still get an internship even if you graduated already?

Thanks guys for all this talk about making it. Good luck to us all who's trying to do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom