Official Air Jordan XIV white/varsity red release thread 3/10/12::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING::

Originally Posted by heatking

Originally Posted by BuddhaShark

Originally Posted by heatking

Easy kop this morning at my local mall. A lot of heads showed up. Seems like a lot of people where buying one to sell and one to rock. can't hate on people and their hustle. i just kopped one mite try to sell it see what i can get for it. if no good offers ill just keep it. rocked my dave whites to the mall and had mad heads double-taking and talking haha
smile.gif
gotta love that feeling

-heat king
Dave Whites are #%$.  Wear the shoe because you like it, not because other people are gawking at you.  HYPE.

sounds like you mad you didn't get a pair... Obviously i like them because i wear them. I wouldn't wear %%@! i don't like. I was just stating you gotta love that feeling especially because i waited close to 20 hours to get a pair. 
You waited 20 hours to get a shoe that released online TWICE?  I'm glad you like them, but you still shouldn't be worried about what other people think about your shoes.  And no, I definitely did not want a pair.

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

limited/quickstrikes are always final sale tho...

Since when?  I returned a pair of Cool Greys to FTL 2 months after I bought them and the only question I was asked was, "Are you sure you wanna return these?"  I know the Cool Greys weren't a quick strike, but when a FTL only has 20 pairs, I'd consider that limited.

Originally Posted by BuddhaShark

Originally Posted by IsTaYsTuNiNyA

limited/quickstrikes are always final sale tho...

Since when?  I returned a pair of Cool Greys to FTL 2 months after I bought them and the only question I was asked was, "Are you sure you wanna return these?"  I know the Cool Greys weren't a quick strike, but when a FTL only has 20 pairs, I'd consider that limited.
That is exactly what I am trying to say. To be hit in the head with that BULLISH POLICY today on a JORDAN XIV release? FINAL SALE NO RETURN? I returned my pair and went over to NIKE-TOWN and copped my pair with peace of mind. This is the first time I ever heard about this policy of RELEASE DATE sneakers. IF we can tell the difference between authentic and fakes shouldn't the employees be able to tell the difference? I can point out a counterfeit 100 dollar bill on the spot because my job requires I do so, so shouldn't these employees FOR FOOTLOCKER OF ALL PLACES know how to spot a fake pair of sneakers? What a bunch of BUMS! And the attitude was not necessary so I will not be copping from them anytime soon! NIKELOVESYOU

^ That gotta suck if you didn't know this before hand.

Well hopefully you can trade someone for your size..

@BuddhaShark i tryed to snipe a pair both times online but kept crashing and when id go to check out itd say no longer available. i had 3 lap tops, a desktop , and 2 ipads trying to order a pair both release nights and nothing
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^ That gotta suck if you didn't know this before hand.

Well hopefully you can trade someone for your size..
Well I didn't know beforehand but I went back within a 3 hour time frame so the manager was willing to give me my refund.  I went over to copped my size from NIKE-TOWN so I'm all good but this is just a heads up for people now buying RELEASE DATE sneakers. This is FOR ALL FOOTLOCKERS not just the one I went to.  I called their corporate offices for clarification and I feel that their policy is not consumer friendly at all. NIKELOVESYOU

Originally Posted by NikeLovesYou

HEADS UP PEOPLE! According to footlocker they have a new policy (I'm guessing new since this is the first I am hearing of it) that release day sneakers are ALL FINAL SALE! So I purchase a size 10 of the Jordan XIV today and after I gave up my cash, get my change and receipt the employee tells me FINAL SALE. First of all if anything is final sale it must be stated before purchase so a consumer can make a decision based on the stores policy. Anyhow I walked out and I went to go eat with my girl. I call footlockers customer service and apparently they do not have to refund you anything for release day sneakers because they have a policy now that states that all release day sneakers are final sale. The lady I spoke to gave me some cockamamie excuse that the market is flooded with counterfeits and to avoid a return involving a counterfeit that this is now their current policy. (OBVIOUSLY FOOTLOCKER CAN'T EVEN TELL WHAT IS AUTHENTIC AND YOU MAY BE SWINDLED BY AN EMPLOYEE PASSING OFF FAKES TO YOU!) I have never underestimate what people will do to get over on others. I went back to the store and the manager gave me my money back even though he had quite the attitude on him. LOOK AT THE BACK OF THE RECEIPT SO YOU CAN SEE THAT FOOTLOCKER APPARENTLY DOES NOT HAVE TO UPHOLD THEIR FOOTLOCKER PROMISE EVEN IF YOU DON"T WEAR THE ITEM AS STATED IN THE POLICY FOR THE RETURN (UNWORN MERCHANDISE). We all know sometimes sneakers can become defective just like anything else in this life and footlocker will not accept a return but if the sneakers are defective they will have you request for a return online send them to god knows where and then take the issue up with NIKE which can take anywhere from 1 week or over. NIKE-TOWN still has plenty of pairs and I am going to purchase a pair from them on my way to work tomorrow at least their policy is less confusing and more consumer friendly. You have up to 30 days to return WORN OR UNWORN merchandise with NIKE-TOWN (AS LONG AS YOU DIDN'T BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS THEY WILL NOT GIVE YOU A PROBLEM NOT FROM MY EXPERIENCES!) I would be real careful what you buy from FOOTLOCKER plus their customer service REALLY SUCKS! Anyhow my two cents! NIKELOVESYOU
its been like this for like  year i think. when the white cement 3's came out they said all sales final and you couldn't even try them on. i just hit em with the
indifferent.gif
and tried them on.

Question for those copped in store today.

How was YOUR particular pair.

Seen a pair from a guy on FB that LOOKED good but don't know since I didn't get them in person.

I purchased a pair off eBay for a little over retail.

Wondering if they are bad (quality wise) as the Last Shots of last year, or are the "ok".

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Question for those copped in store today.

How was YOUR particular pair.

Seen a pair from a guy on FB that LOOKED good but don't know since I didn't get them in person.

I purchased a pair off eBay for a little over retail.

Wondering if they are bad (quality wise) as the Last Shots of last year, or are the "ok".

Thanks in advance.
Look at my pics a page back, I copped at Champs

Yeah Footlocker just started doing this.

Anyways, I copped the 14's.
Had to go to a store in America's most dangerous city.
They opened at around 10am.
Only had about 13 men's sizes.

People are really trying to resell these for 250+. The sneaker culture is out of control right now. And this guy HeatKing is a troll. Really? Talking about breaking grown men's necks . Who cares !

Why is it surprising, all these rookies in the shoe game are scared to death to miss one release, they don't realize its quality over quantity, but keep crying and paying over retail your choice. this was a no go all the way.

^ I actually got the same stamp when I bought the Lebron 9 China on RD

On every release I got on RD after that I didn't receive that stamp

Originally Posted by Commander0Zero

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

People really lined up for these, went to my mall an hour and a half early and there is already a line. It didn't use to be like this

Yeah man in DE it seems that Jordans are still king. I got the Chicago X's and I think it's a wrap for me and the jumpman for 2012. 
Don't give up hope just yet man but it is getting bad in DE, cats really buying just to flip and they proudly admit it

Quality for these was a hit or miss, u either got a good pair or u didnt, but this aint ntn new for jb releases

I passed on these but a few of my boys copped and the 3 pairs I saw looked horrible.

Went to the mall and found out they are pretty much sold out. Checked the few pairs on display and the paint job was pretty bad on all... Anyone else notice that with your pairs?

I don't blame the younger sneaker generation. This is a great time to start collecting. Quality and how your able to get them is another discussion. But to catch up with an og they still got many more years and dollars to go lol my question is..is it fad or jb struck gold with operation retro flood gate? Who knows

The quality on these is %#$ but it doesn't stop the beasts. eBay and CL are flooded with people trying to make a quick buck. Sad days indeed.

Im new to all the buying the retro's and hot shoes..i bought the OG's back in the day. I wanted another pair and thought since this wasn't a hyped up release and many said pass, that I'd be able to walk in a store during the day and grab a pair. Everyone in the STL area sold out because people were in line outside when they opened. Haven't found a pair listed under 250. It just pisses me off.

If anyone knows for a pair for under 200 in a size 13ish, lmk.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom