Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Since many of us felt the need for this thread to be updated with pictures and information on the first page...I've decided to take it over

Black/White-Gym Red
Style Code: 695515-023
Release Date: 09/06/2014
Price: $225

Black/Team Orange-Dark Grey
Style Code: 695515-005
Release Date: 09/06/14

"Riverwalk”
Release Date: 10/11/14

“Black/White
Release Date: 10/11/14

"Infrared 23″
Release Date: 11/28/14

"Legend Blue"

Release Date" 12/1/14

"Blackout”
Release Date: 12/06/14

"Black/White-Dark Grey-Gym Red"

Release Date: 1/10/15

"BHM"

Release Date: 1/17/15
Price $225

"Pearl"

Release Date: 2/7/15

"Year of the Goat"

Release Date: 2/18/15

Last edited by a moderator:
Still Nothing? Man, Jordan Brand has gotten WAAAAAY more tight lipped with their signature shoes. I remember we would see pics of upcoming Jordans in like July.

Still Nothing? Man, Jordan Brand has gotten WAAAAAY more tight lipped with their signature shoes. I remember we would see pics of upcoming Jordans in like July.

truth. we got nothing about the xx8 til jan this year, remember? supertight.

some poster who seemed knowledgeable dropped a big bomb on the xx9 a few months back. something about the shoes being actually made in italy like the original 2's were.

You wont see any info for another 6 months. 

Well.... Maybe 3-6 months

And then the shoes gonna drop around 2-3 months after that.

Dont look for this Model during the usual debut of the new Sig Jordan- 

That was me. I was told they are being made in Italy with real leather being used on certain parts. I also heard they are trying to come up with a promo video similar to something Louis Vuttion did. I haven't seen a LV video so I don't have a clue what my boy was referring too.

Fresh - I know you can't say much but is the made in Italy part correct? :nerd:

Last edited:
Would be great if the xx9 sports some nice real leather instead of the pleather on many retros. I hope the design is very durable combining with great comfort and performance. And hopefully less crazy colorways than on most xx8.

That was me. I was told they are being made in Italy with real leather being used on certain parts. I also heard they are trying to come up with a promo video similar to something Louis Vuttion did. I haven't seen that LV video so I don't have a clue what my boy was referring too.

Fresh - I know you can say much but is the made in Italy part correct? :nerd:

Would be great if the xx9 sports some nice real leather instead of the pleather on many retros. I hope the design is very durable combining with great comfort and performance. And hopefully less crazy colorways than on most xx8.

I would have guessed absolutely not, but I respect Captain's info...It seems that Nike doesn't use leather on performance basketball shoes anymore. Seems like most or all current basketball shoes are made of that synthetic poly material that's makes up the Lebron X and KD 6 upper...mixed in with some flywire adn it seems like that's what most basketball shoes are.

But JB is different, obviously, and I know Nike is trying to elevate Jordan Brand into the luxury line of Nike, so I guess we'll see...

I'm anticipating this one. Hoping for another zipper and that they don't screw it up with uber limited releases like the xx8s

truth. we got nothing about the xx8 til jan this year, remember? supertight.

some poster who seemed knowledgeable dropped a big bomb on the xx9 a few months back. something about the shoes being actually made in italy like the original 2's were.

That was me. I was told they are being made in Italy with real leather being used on certain parts. I also heard they are trying to come up with a promo video similar to something Louis Vuttion did. I haven't seen a LV video so I don't have a clue what my boy was referring too.

Fresh - I know you can't say much but is the made in Italy part correct?
nerd.gif
Spalding understands cats have been complaining about materials across the industry, so the new joint is going to be special. The last Sig Spalding was pretty limited, expect the same for the new. You will most likely also see a take down version like we did this year, i doubt the materials will follow.

Hope this makes sense.

-Fresh

it makes sense, but i'm unhappy about more limited number nonsense. thanks for the info nonetheless.

can you confirm a later than usual drop date? are they dropping the whole february tradition?

Love the suspense of not knowing anything about the shoe up until unveiling like with the XX8. With the XX9 i want something completely different design wise though. I liked the XX8, Just would like to see more of a traditional mid top sneaker with some nice leather on it this time around.

it makes sense, but i'm unhappy about more limited number nonsense. thanks for the info nonetheless.

can you confirm a later than usual drop date? are they dropping the whole february tradition?
riginally Posted by rodrigofresh  

Peep post from a couple days ago...  

Yep, we won't be seeing this shoe until next Summer (In-stores). Jordan is still pushing 28's into All-Star.

During the launch of the 2012's Tinker hinted that the brand was pushing for new signature Jay's to be produced every other year. This is the first step in making it consistent.

From what I've heard the push is to make it a high-end (materials) basketball silhouette, aka stem away from the fuse/flyknit and go back to what is now considered "premium" materials - leather/suede/nubuck ex: Sportswear LeBron 10's.

The made in Italy concept is another story telling aspect. Personally I like the new direction, hopefully the shoe doesn't disappoint.

New sig every other year? Going that Apple route. Get that XX8 SEs, XX9, XX9s!
What do i mean?
There have been alternative versions of the air jordan since the aj 16(+) with a few exceptions.
Nothing new.

I think he means release them in different calendar years

29 in 2014
29 SE in 2015
30 in 2016
30 SE in 2017

Just like
Iphone 5 in 2012
5S in 2013
6 in 2014

And so on

If the XX8's were $100 cheaper, I would have pulled the trigger on at least a pair. They are decent, especially rolled down. 

As for the XX9, I hope they are nice!

Last edited:
I'm actually really excited to see these. I enjoyed the 2011s and 2009s but in between I've been kinda off to them

Back
Top Bottom