Official Air Max 97 Thread

Silver bullets on the finish line launch calendar for 11/11

C3D9AADA-10AD-4E2F-AC37-AEE07D642EFB.jpeg

Anything change between these and the 2016s? Is Nike being Nike and releasing all their classics around a 5 year cycle 😂

Anything change between these and the 2016s? Is Nike being Nike and releasing all their classics around a 5 year cycle 😂
i have compared my 2017 AB with the 2022 Sample AB and i found out that they have used less material on the upper to keep the production costs as low as possible, the 2022 sample AB has a shorter tongue also the tongue is less wide, the height from the upper at the sample AB is also slightly lower because they have cut away material at the mudguard and also the loop at the tongue and the heel is shorter and they have added the stitching above the swoosh, the sample AB is now overall way less bulky compared to the 2017 AB

Last edited:

I think they're trying to market this as being "closest to the OG" because it has the middle stitch on both sides. On the 2017 you only saw that middle "stitch" on the medial side but photos show it on both sides.

But in reality lets be honest its just the classic 5 year cycle :lol:

I think they're trying to market this as being "closest to the OG" because it has the middle stitch on both sides. On the 2017 you only saw that middle "stitch" on the medial side but photos show it on both sides.

The Toyota Camry refresh lmao

Also, the pull tab on the heel doesn’t go down to the midsole all the way on the outside of the upper. It is sewn behind the mudguard.

I had EU 42.5 in the 2017 retro, this years 97s I need 43 in.

You all think the silver bullets are gonna be hard to get this time around? I don't sense the same hype as in 2017.

I had EU 42.5 in the 2017 retro, this years 97s I need 43 in.

You all think the silver bullets are gonna be hard to get this time around? I don't sense the same hype as in 2017.
I don’t think so maybe overseas since they’re more crazy for Air maxes compared to the US

I don’t think so maybe overseas since they’re more crazy for Air maxes compared to the US
That's what I thought the last time, and I was shocked at what a pain they were to get. Hopefully these are like the Infrared AMIIIs from two years ago. Those went quick, but were easily attainable if you were paying attention.
I'm wearing my last remaining pair of 2017s as I type this. They're in great shape but I need this new pair. One of my all-time favorite AMs. None of the other 97 colorways really do much for me, and I've had several. Wore some, sold the rest. Came to realize the SB colorway is the only one that really matters to me. I've had so many of these things over the years and they never get old to me.

$92

Back
Top Bottom