Official Air Max 97 Thread

Hopefully they don't fly cause everybody and their mommas want the 11s.

If I remember correctly, the last time these released in '13 as part of the OG pack they were also labeled as 'QS'. All 4 shoes were still somewhat widely available a couple months after. But you never know these days....

when they came out at the holiday season in 2012 the 97s were collecting dust, everyone went for the usual top 3, the 1s, 90s and 95s, the 97s got left out from the group if it was a blacksheep, nobody even turned around and looked at them and now 4 years later suddenly everybody wants them because next year is the anniversary and all that BS crap :lol: nike wanna revive the 97s they should listen to me and bring back the 2nd batch from the mens and wmns OG releases and not always the boring silver or gold cw, that ish get mad played out through the years, thats also the reason why the 97s never took off like the top 3 AMs
everyone including myself :lol:

I ended up getting the 90s in Feb of '13 and the 95s later on that same year and the 97s were still available online.

Lemme ask all y'all "AM" conisouires about am97 and why the mid soles on all my (3 only :tongue:) 97's turn off white and see through almost? View media item 2249470
My gold oly pair had the same fading.
TBH the mid sole was nvr truly white but a pearl white.

Thots?

Also please keep the clip dumping to a minimum :lol:
I'm not a big sneaker connoisseur by any means, but I noticed that too. I have only had one pair of 97s in my entire young life. The midsole started to paint chip and it was like an off-white color underneath. I used to love wearing these to the point they became my go-to daily sneaker. I would always get complimented on them, even though they were a women's/GS colorway. I ended up sending them in a box to some fam out in DR.

$_1.JPG

AM 97 silver bullet and gold one are beautifull but to tell the truth they look pretty mediocre or even ugly on sizes 46 + ( like me ) , although they are kinda sexy in smaller ones and especially on girlz

If that's what you call heat these days then I'm out the loop.
I don't think that would even pass for luke warm. Call me old fashioned but back in my day cool shoes looked more like this:
Don't worry next time I see some Airmax heat at the outlet I'll be sure to let you know first before I post on the Outlet thread [emoji]128077[/emoji]
some simple ish nothing special imo, trying to surpass me with a scrawny pile picture what contains 70-80 pairs of (OG) kicks and even those ugly AM LTDs what chavs in the UK like to wear
laugh.gif
i have 225+ pairs sitting in my private storage, the best stuff is not even posted on my IG yet, like my quadruple atmos tiger camo and my triple Hold Tights and many doubles from other sought after AMs, if i do a pile picture it wont even fit in 1 or 2 pictures, sometimes they say go hard or go home, in your case it would be go home
wink.gif
and if you see some stuff at the outlets dont forget  to hit up me i can deff need some 2016 OG AMs for the low

Last edited:
Hey guys ! I've been looking for a long time to finaly have some air max 97 but i was wondering how the recent release fit. I have some recent 95's in 10.5 US and i do not have wide feet. Should i take 0.5 up or it's ok for me to take my normal size ?

Thanks a lot, thought i should ask on niketalk so i don't mess this up !

Hey guys ! I've been looking for a long time to finaly have some air max 97 but i was wondering how the recent release fit. I have some recent 95's in 10.5 US and i do not have wide feet. Should i take 0.5 up or it's ok for me to take my normal size ?

I am a US8, went TTS and with thick socks they are a little snug, but considering I have Wide feet the fit isn't bad at all. I would go TTS in every case.

My pair from 2012, I went a .5 size up and I usually wear TTS in all air maxes but the sizing could be different this release

I am a US8, went TTS and with thick socks they are a little snug, but considering I have Wide feet the fit isn't bad at all. I would go TTS in every case.
My pair from 2012, I went a .5 size up and I usually wear TTS in all air maxes but the sizing could be different this release
Ok thanks to both of you ! I think i will try to go TTS. If anyone else has any input, always listening !

Have a nice day

Looks like to no love for USA this release. All EU stores are releasing in store only -_-

My guess is we get them air max day. It will be the 20th anniversary

When this is the 20th anniversary, is this only a pre-release hype and they will be available everywhere in the near future like the AM90 ? Here in germany only a few people had a chance to buy them instore but there should be more pairs. I would pay a higher price if i knew that this will be the only 20th anniversary release. I can imagine they will be released in multiple colourways like AM90 or NMD next year.

They look very authentic all in all. What is missing in comparison to the 1997 OG are the PSI numbers on the undersole and the heel tongue logotype "airmax" was more placed near the bottom. In the new version there is more black space now.

Last edited:
Looks like to no love for USA this release. All EU stores are releasing in store only -_-

My guess is we get them air max day. It will be the 20th anniversary

i dont understand their logic behind keeping these EU only.

why cant we at least get a SNKRS release?

2017 hasn't begun yet. They could be mass produced next year in multiple editions every few weeks including a worldwide mayor launch of the silver bullet.

i dont understand their logic behind keeping these EU only.

why cant we at least get a SNKRS release?

I believe it's because the 97 was EXTREMELY popular in Europe before heads in the US picked up on them. Probably Nike's way of thanking Europe giving them the first release.

But yeah I wish we got it too. I really believe we will get them though. Just gotta be patient

When this is the 20th anniversary, is this only a pre-release hype and they will be available everywhere in the near future like the AM90 ? Here in germany only a few people had a chance to buy them instore but there should be more pairs. I would pay a higher price if i knew that this will be the only 20th anniversary release. I can imagine they will be released in multiple colourways like AM90 or NMD next year.

They look very authentic all in all. What is missing in comparison to the 1997 OG are the PSI numbers on the undersole and the heel tongue logotype "airmax" was more placed near the bottom. In the new version there is more black space now.
the devil's in the details

Nike-Air-Max-97-2-622x323.jpg

1408.gif

What do you guys wear with your 97's without looking like your dressed in the 90's lol

I totally missed on this one.  Seems like all the retailers in Europe were only releasing in-store.  Do you think Nike will have a wider release once the calendar strikes 2017?

Back
Top Bottom