Official Air Max 97 Thread

image.jpg That better, champ?

I think the subtle beauty of the Atlantic blue AM 97 is that they remind me of the Volt Griffey Max 1.
I agree 100%...That was always one of my favorite shoes as a kid. Never was able to have them, but finally got a pair on the last retro, but the fit wasn.t there, so I gifted them to my brother. Still would love to get them, but a sz 15 is a needle in a haystack. I.m digging these AB.s though, almost more than my silver bullets.

Reactions: PJS
I agree 100%...That was always one of my favorite shoes as a kid. Never was able to have them, but finally got a pair on the last retro, but the fit wasn.t there, so I gifted them to my brother. Still would love to get them, but a sz 15 is a needle in a haystack. I.m digging these AB.s though, almost more than my silver bullets.

The 97s ABs remind me of the 98 mercurial r9s.... which are one of my altime favorite Nike shoes.

IMG_7439.JPG

Probably meant tongues and was autocorrected. Presumably he was responding on his cell phone? At least, that's what I was thinking when I first saw the pic. That the tongues on them look long. Like you really pulled them up as "high" as you could so to speak. Almost look like a pair of New Balance 998s they're so long looking. Not bagging on ya, just look a lot longer than normal IMO.

EDIT: NEVER MIND lol. I guess I was way too slow to reply and you figure it out already. After I posted, I noticed you responded back.

Last edited:
Ps. If my pairs come with tongues like that they're getting sent back.

Hoping the neons don't or I'll be beyond disappointed.

Those will require cut and re stitch.

Ps. If my pairs come with tongues like that they're getting sent back.

Hoping the neons don't or I'll be beyond disappointed.

Those will require cut and re stitch.
I'm not too picky when it comes to cosmetics, but I could understand the dislike. I hope your pairs turn out okay, and maybe it's just an inconsistency on mine? I wouldn't know where to begin on a cut/stitch project.

Already got a mad water stain on my particle beiges on the first day RIP. Any tips on how to get it out or at least lighten it so it’s not as noticeable???
55770524-414D-4873-8A1A-E7397CBCF012.jpeg

On a serious note, exactly what I suspected is what google says:

"Apply a light coat of water with your brush. Water can discolor suede, but properly applied water can also remove those stains. Use a sponge or dry cloth to soak up excess water. Dab gently until the leather is evenly wet without visible water stains."

I'd apply using a clean dish sponge you've rinsed well. Apply it all over the mudguard so you have an even spread over the whole surface. Apply more to that spot, I'd even run it under the cold tap, dap it dry with the sponge, run it under the tap again.

Let it dry naturally over night.
Mignit hasn't disappeared but has diminished, repeat.

Best of luck.

IMG_4779.JPG
Those are a thing of beauty. Not like those horid 98 hybrid.s they put out with that same c/w.
Because OG used real leather I assume
Look at the 2013 pic, synthetic materials look bad.

To a person that never play soccer, I appreciate and thought it was some kind of classic.

I play a little bit futsal, if Mercurial 98 could be made into indoor gum bottom shoes, that'd be nice.

So I guess I'm wrong

Last edited:
Lmao.. I copped a pair off of Size? that I sent back and the tongue was not like that..joints got the Lebron 8 V2 tongue lol. Hopefully my reup pair from NDC isnt like that. Im picking them up today.

IMG_4779.JPG

Because OG used real leather I assume
Look at the 2013 pic, synthetic materials look bad.

As a guy who's played football/soccer for years I have to say I prefer the 2013 version. I like seeing these with the updated tech. I remember watching OG Ronaldo play in the 98s...didn't even think about asking my mom for these bc of the price tag. Mad I missed the 2013s...But yeah the ABs definitely remind me of these

Reactions: PJS
Back
Top Bottom