Official Air Max 97 Thread

For the person who stated that AM1s are more comfortable than 97s...wow! I hope that's not the case. The AM1s I have are basically bricks...awful. Hopefully the PSI on the 97s isn't too high. I would need to gain 100lbs to feel the compression. When I'm squatting at the gym, I feel the compression on all of my air maxes, trainers, and Jordans; heh. I think they tune them for stability for heavier people, as opposed to the avg weight. Oh well. 97s look awesome though; I think its 365 air bag looks better than the 2010 and later versions.

For the person who stated that AM1s are more comfortable than 97s...wow! I hope that's not the case. The AM1s I have are basically bricks...awful. Hopefully the PSI on the 97s isn't too high. I would need to gain 100lbs to feel the compression. When I'm squatting at the gym, I feel the compression on all of my air maxes, trainers, and Jordans; heh. I think they tune them for stability for heavier people, as opposed to the avg weight. Oh well. 97s look awesome though; I think its 365 air bag looks better than the 2010 and later versions.

Squat barefoot or in chucks, thank me later.

I am 215 lb, size 10.

Jordan 3,4,5,10 feels no compression. 13 does a bit....

Air Max 2016, Air Max 95, Air Max Uptempo 95 feels no compression.

The only ones that I can feel compression is...... Zoom All Out, Jordan 2.

Air Max 1 Pinnacle is hard as rock, where as Air Max 1 newsprint is soft.

I tried on 97s, they compress better than 95, but still not like Zoom All Out.

It’s just the beauty of 97s.......
but comfort wise Zoom All Out is better.

I am 215 lb, size 10.

Jordan 3,4,5,10 feels no compression. 13 does a bit....

Air Max 2016, Air Max 95, Air Max Uptempo 95 feels no compression.

The only ones that I can feel compression is...... Zoom All Out, Jordan 2.

Air Max 1 Pinnacle is hard as rock, where as Air Max 1 newsprint is soft.

I tried on 97s, they compress better than 95, but still not like Zoom All Out.

It’s just the beauty of 97s.......
but comfort wise Zoom All Out is better.

Thank you for the response; very interesting. For me, Air Trainer 3s compress a bit. AM 2012 feels quite soft, though only after years of wear. 95s only marginally now that they're getting more wear. Jordan 3, 4, 5, 6, only marginal, but not like I recall back in the OG days. Huaraches are pretty soft though. I'm about 150lbs, size 10.5. When squatting 200 or greater lbs the compression is what I'd like while walking (I don't squat in AMs though). Can't wait for the real time tuned air smartphone app to adjust as needed ;-). 97s look like they'd be so cushy. When I had the same sole on my AM 2003s, that shoe was super soft. Only Nike ever for which one of the air bags popped after 10 years of regular wear.

Reactions: PJS
Back
Top Bottom