Official Air Max 97 Thread

Denim for next month’s NBY?

via IG
2600A20F-898E-4CC9-B18E-712DA0DD8E61.jpeg

“HAPPY 25 YEARS ANNIVERSARY. This year, AIR MAX 97 celebrates its 25th anniversary, and the blue-black neon at the bottom left of the photo will be on sale for a limited time at domestic atmos & NIKE Exclusive on 4/29 (FRI). The box is also reproduced in the black-red box at that time. . #nikeairmax # nikeairmax97 # airmax97og # airmax97 # airmaxday2022jp #atmos #nike #airmax97”

Really dig the combo of the 2 classic CWs. I’m gonna need these Atmos 97s! RIP to my 05 neons 😢

4E37BC3B-8B99-4B24-BC4C-D86974CA4C59.jpeg

Ok…, will try to give out the detail, but expect that it’s gonna be looong one since…., I’m not a professional translator tho.

Anyway, the left page’s pair is the official 2nd colorway in mens that’ll be released for HO97 while the one on the right was supposed to be dropped (didn’t release) after it was once shown on the catalog of HO97 as the 2nd colorway for this model. I think the left page’s pair is the same shoes that’s shown on the 2nd left on the top of the left page. Article says from the left, it’s the 2nd colorway for womens, 2nd for mens, 1st for women & the 1st for mens and it also mentions at the timing this article was published, 5 colorways in total were confirmed. 2 from FA97 (including Silver Bullet), another 2 from HO97 (including this Blue/Black/Neon) and there’s another colorway which won’t be released here in JP. Not clearly sure which is the 5th one and don’t get why they don’t indicate that 5th colorway considering that all the pix shown on those pages were taken after they borrowed all of them from the parallel importing stores (shop names were shown w/ () on these pages), not from Nike-JP tho.

However, the magazine had found out these supposed to be scrapped colorway (one on the right page) on the market somehow and further confusing thing was…, the tag inside indicated that these weren’t samples somehow (was legit product tag). So, the article was guessing that they were probably made before Nike decided not to release this specific colorway, but some somehow made way to the market… And if what they think turned out to be correct, the one on the right page could be super rare. That was why they are showing the little differences they can notice (other than the black portion) between those 2 such as colors of the line that defines the different PSIs used for the air bag used on the Outsole (blue vs neon), colors used inside the Air Unit (Gradation of Blue & Silver vs Neon) and/or colors used on the heel ring (Grey w/ Neon letters vs Black w/ Neon AM).

So, technically, it wasn’t really revealing something. It was just their speculation. And the other thing I’ve noticed was…, they were calling these as Air Max 98 probably because none of them were released during 1997…
Just have realized I’ve mistakenly translated the certain portion of the article in completely opposite way…. I don’t know how I came up w/ that part, but the article actually says that the 5th colorway that was confirmed is “LIMITED TO JAPAN ONLY”…. I guess my eyes need some reading glasses way more than I think….

Any difference between women’s and men’s pairs? Thinking of getting the all black pair from NDC but it’s only available in women.

Two day NDC shipping izbak!

FA309CF9-1AA3-4D09-9B4E-A784B9187340.jpeg

I grabbed a pair of these and went a full size up (cause a half size doesn't exist for me) and they were just too long in the toe, but felt comfortable otherwise. Now I gotta check each release and try to find a 13.5, which is somewhat rare depending on the shoe. :smh:

I grabbed a pair of these and went a full size up (cause a half size doesn't exist for me) and they were just too long in the toe, but felt comfortable otherwise. Now I gotta check each release and try to find a 13.5, which is somewhat rare depending on the shoe. :smh:
I cant even find them. Not on ndc in aus

I originally planned on purchasing the silver bullets when they would be released later this year, but after seeing the pics in this thread without the single white strip: https://niketalk.com/threads/official-air-max-97-thread.514981/page-1115#post-35272769 we'll probably get those for the 25th anniversary:emoji_cry: I also wanted to buy the Penny #1 home version, but they were not original to the OG either:emoji_rage: That said, I moved my focus to the AM 97 OG prototypes. #DM0028-400 (mens) & #DQ9131-400 (wmns). Does anybody know if they will be released in Holland or Germany? The web-sites of Nike (and the web-sites of local vendors) in both countries don't show anything. The only Nike web-site that carries them seems to be Nike Indonesia: https://www.nike.com/id/launch/t/air-max-97-atlantic-blue-voltage-yellow . Let's hope they will be released in Europe too:emoji_fingers_crossed:
dm0028-400-2.jpg
dm0028-400-3.jpg
dm0028-400-4.jpg
dm0028-400-5.jpg
dm0028-400-6.jpg
dm0028-400-7.jpg
dm0028-400-8.jpg
dm0028-400-9.jpg
dm0028-400-10.jpg

Attachments

• dm0028-400-1.jpg
    dm0028-400-1.jpg