Official Air Max 97 Thread

There's a stitch on the lateral side and shorter heel tab.

They fit exactly the same. The black/atlantic blues and chlorines from this year fit the same as all of my 97s from the past ~6 years

*I did return the chlorine blues, though. Love the CW but the silver material is so cheap, felt like something you'd get out of a 50 cent vending machine at the grocery store.

It definitely seems like it will (at least) be easier than 2016/2017.
All the boutiques are going to have them, along with the bigger chains and of course NDC/SNKRS.

There's a stitch on the lateral side and shorter heel tab.

They fit exactly the same. The black/atlantic blues and chlorines from this year fit the same as all of my 97s from the past ~6 years

*I did return the chlorine blues, though. Love the CW but the silver material is so cheap, felt like something you'd get out of a 50 cent vending machine at the grocery store.
How does the comfort compare ? My 17 SB are pretty much still new lol

How does the comfort compare ? My 17 SB are pretty much still new lol

I mean they're comfortable (to me) in the sense that they're neutral. The same way I find old Jordans or classic Adidas to be comfortable.

But they are no more or less comfortable than the "older" 97s. But with that polyurethane midsole, it's always good to have a fresh pair on ice IMO.

The 16' silver bullets were not comfy. 0 cushion and flex. They didnt even bend. Took em on a trip to Ireland 4 years back and had to keep a spare set of walking shoes on me. I'm hoping they got some **** right this time

SB 97s are arguably my favorite AM model; I've had so many pairs from so many different releases over the years. I bought three pairs of the '16/'17s and you're correct, they are pretty much bricks. I can wear them for long stretches with no problem, but they have zero bounce. I sold one DS pair last year and have my final remaining pair in rotation. The first pair I got, I wore all the time. I've said this in the past: One evening , I noticed the outsole on one shoe had peeled away from the heel. Took a closer look and realized the air bag was damaged when the heel peeled off, and it was deflated. But I could BARELY even tell the difference underfoot. It was obvious the pillars inside the bag are what give the underfoot support; the "air" does almost nothing for the cushion on them. It's pretty much a "fake" Max Air unit that's only there for looks.

SB 97s are arguably my favorite AM model; I've had so many pairs from so many different releases over the years. I bought three pairs of the '16/'17s and you're correct, they are pretty much bricks. I can wear them for long stretches with no problem, but they have zero bounce. I sold one DS pair last year and have my final remaining pair in rotation. The first pair I got, I wore all the time. I've said this in the past: One evening , I noticed the outsole on one shoe had peeled away from the heel. Took a closer look and realized the air bag was damaged when the heel peeled off, and it was deflated. But I could BARELY even tell the difference underfoot. It was obvious the pillars inside the bag are what give the underfoot support; the "air" does almost nothing for the cushion on them. It's pretty much a "fake" Max Air unit that's only there for looks.
nike's air bubble the biggest scam in the history of sports marketing. zoom air tho. still in for a pair lol

there''s some pairs on stockx for under retail right now. comes out to like $15 more than retail + tax. i had to be impatient and do it. i've had bad luck the past few years on release dates. Now I can sleep in

Last edited:
nike's air bubble the biggest scam in the history of sports marketing. zoom air tho. still in for a pair lol
Wasn’t always the case, though. But these modern Max bags on retros in particular seem like nothing but a visual thing :smh:
But the Air in my 720s … now that’s legit.

i see that stitch is a thing that was on the original 97 release

Why did they take it off
On every retro since

Back
Top Bottom