Official Air Pegasus 89 Thread

Just got my 92's. Actually pretty disappointed at the laundry list of things they got wrong. The panel isn't 3M. It's exactly like the previous 92's. The grey around the heel is a weird metallic bronzey-platinum instead of a flat grey. All the gold accents are way too dark...almost copper. My biggest beef is that the mesh panels are a true white, while everything else is Sail, giving the shoe a weird two tone look. I'm pretty bummed because I blew out my OG's years ago and thought I was finally getting a suitable replacement. I usually don't complain about stuff like this, but they really didn't do this shoe justice. Hope everybody else is a little happier with theirs than I am.

Peace,
J

Just got my 92's. Actually pretty disappointed at the laundry list of things they got wrong. The panel isn't 3M. It's exactly like the previous 92's. The grey around the heel is a weird metallic bronzey-platinum instead of a flat grey. All the gold accents are way too dark...almost copper. My biggest beef is that the mesh panels are a true white, while everything else is Sail, giving the shoe a weird two tone look. I'm pretty bummed because I blew out my OG's years ago and thought I was finally getting a suitable replacement. I usually don't complain about stuff like this, but they really didn't do this shoe justice. Hope everybody else is a little happier with theirs than I am.

Peace,
J
Someone from overseas that had em in hand already warned me about quality/color issues. But for $85, I thought it was worth the risk. I hope I'm not as disappointed as you are. I get mine tomorrow.

Someone from overseas that had em in hand already warned me about quality/color issues. But for $85, I thought it was worth the risk. I hope I'm not as disappointed as you are. I get mine tomorrow.

Gonna try to dig up my OG pair. If I get time, I'll post a comparison. REALLY glad I didn't pay over retail for these. I'd be heartbroken.

Peace,
J

WOW...No reflector in the heel? That's what made the 92! I still have an OG pair shining so bright.(Crumbled midsole) I was looking forward to this recent release. But why did Nike have to skimp!

Disappointed in all 3...both my pairs of 89s have some nasty marks in either the suede upper or suede around the toe. Otherwise the quality feels great. The 92s just look bad, jshortt pretty much summed it up on the materials and two-tone look. Of course my 92s are completely flawless otherwise :smh: May keep one pair of the 89s which have the least damage and send the other pairs back. Way to go Nike...

Last edited:
Though, I don't share the same sentiments for the 92s as some of you, I definitely see where you're coming from. I never owned the original, and from my understanding the USA version was never released(correct me if wrong). Therefore the left out details aren't a dealbreaker, though, I'm sure they would've gave the shoe more pop, especially the reflective panel. Otherwise, I'm happy with them.

Love the 83s!!! Decent quality and the comfort is nice, being I went .5 size down. No major complaint about the material. Just a couple small rough spots on the suede, which seems can be brushed out.

Love the leather sock-liner!

Finishline has both 89s: http://finl.co/jXnM
good looking on the link

just ordered both pairs
smokin.gif

good lookin on the link!  finally was able to grab the swans!

$69 (WC rewards & $10 coupon) - 5% ebates = ~$65 shipped!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom