OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

Where did you buy for $110 shipped and do they have an 11.5???

If i recall correctly, 11.5 was not easy to come by initially on the trainer sc2s either. Wouldn't shock me in the least to see these "limited" at first and then show up in larger #s, possibly even @ outlets down the road. I know I was able to grab extra sc2s at Mom & Pops as well as outlets 6-9 months after the late summer drop last year. Got one pair of infareds for like 45.00. GL J.A, and I will stay on the lookout for extra 11.5s.

Rich

:nthat:

I knew you'd come around, Wally.

Ironically, I may be getting rid of mine if the quality is really as bad as some have been saying.  After all that talk about not giving a damn what the quality was like, I've come to my senses.  Looking back, I've never kept the plastic leather retros--they always get sold after a few wears.  These will be no different.  Ultimately, I'd rather spend my $$ on a quality product.  We'll see on Monday.  
I have never shied away from a resell/return. So this was likely my best chance at checking them out. After wearing my 2004 at1 lows over the weekend, I have prepared myself for utter mediocrity. So we shall see

^
even though wally is more than over-qualified to produce such a gallery...

he does more than pull his own weight in here, so if i can, i'd like to help out...

go to google and type in wally hopp & air trainer & a link to his site devoted to an air trainer timeline
will pop right up....enjoy

it's not a perfectly complete gallery, but i don't think that that is even possible

i believe there were colorways of the air trainer back in 1988 that haven't been seen since then
and never made it into anyone's collection anywhere (a slightly more common example would be the black/white 'orca' style
that exists in a few images only to my knowledge)

nike themselves would be hard pressed to complete a perfect air trainer timeline gallery
even if they saved all the style codes, molds and advertizements

but i think i talked to wally specifically about this 'chlorophyll' colorway (which is a retro name only)
& it has released in 1987 (og tongue), 1988 (new tongue), 1991, 1994, 2000, 2002, 2008, 2009 (both in pack & dolo) & finally 2012

Good looks on Wally's site. It helped me find the name of The Air Trainer I mentioned in my above post : the Energy. Wow, that was the most comfy sneaker ever!

Green rhino is right on.

The white green dominated releases early on. There were two in 1987 (at least its production date), marking it as a retro before we even knew the term. People were going crazy over jordans getting a first reproduction in 94, yet the trainer 1 had already seen an almost endless yearly drop of their model.

To continue, there was a White/dark royal blue/red colorway that released alongside the white green in 1988, 1990, 1994, 2000 *in the varsity red model and 2002.

So those two colors were more than 90% of what we knew released from 1987 to 2000.

There was more obscure colors, like the orca pair green rhino is talking about, along with a electric green pair, and a radiant red. Both of which I've only seen in catalog form

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museu...r-Trainer-High-Electric-Green-&-Fire-Red/2972
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museu...-Air-Trainer-High-Fire-Red-&-Radiant-Red/2784

Both are nearly identical to the other normal releases we knew about... So there isn't much that I know about in regards to this model being released in a crazy amount of colors.

We also don't know much about this white meshed toebox at1:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...UItgyFB4/s320/nike_air_trainer_hi_me****n.jpg

The only out of the norm c/w I can recall is this one:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oVTbv27_jvA/UHs-cd46LpI/AAAAAAAACX0/ap-3-vg0jRw/s800/xbfx9s.jpg

So there isn't too much you would be missing by knowing only two colorways were the vast majority, up until 2001 when they went OD with it.

If I were to mark it all down, I would do as follows:

1987 early white green
1987 late white green
1988 white red & white green
1990 white red & white green
1993 white green
1994 white red
2000 white red & white green
2002 white red & white green
2008 white green
2009 white green x 2
2012 white green

It could be said that the at1 'chlorophyll' has released 11 times. It deserves better than we may be getting.

Last edited:
^
even though wally is more than over-qualified to produce such a gallery...
he does more than pull his own weight in here, so if i can, i'd like to help out...
go to google and type in wally hopp & air trainer & a link to his site devoted to an air trainer timeline
will pop right up....enjoy
That was exaclty what I was looking for ! Thanks a lot !

Green rhino is right on.
The white green dominated releases early on. There were two in 1987 (at least its production date), marking it as a retro before we even knew the term. People were going crazy over jordans getting a first reproduction in 94, yet the trainer 1 had already seen an almost endless yearly drop of their model.
To continue, there was a White/dark royal blue/red colorway that released alongside the white green in 1988, 1990, 1994, 2000 *in the varsity red model and 2002.
So those two colors were more than 90% of what we knew released from 1987 to 2000.
There was more obscure colors, like the orca pair green rhino is talking about, along with a electric green pair, and a radiant red. Both of which I've only seen in catalog form
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museu...r-Trainer-High-Electric-Green-&-Fire-Red/2972
http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/museu...-Air-Trainer-High-Fire-Red-&-Radiant-Red/2784
Both are nearly identical to the other normal releases we knew about... So there isn't much that I know about in regards to this model being released in a crazy amount of colors.
We also don't know much about this white meshed toebox at1:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...UItgyFB4/s320/nike_air_trainer_hi_me****n.jpg
The only out of the norm c/w I can recall is this one:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oVTbv27_jvA/UHs-cd46LpI/AAAAAAAACX0/ap-3-vg0jRw/s800/xbfx9s.jpg
So there isn't too much you would be missing by knowing only two colorways were the vast majority, up until 2001 when they went OD with it.
If I were to mark it all down, I would do as follows:
1987 early white green
1987 late white green
1988 white red & white green
1990 white red & white green
1993 white green
1994 white red
2000 white red & white green
2002 white red & white green
2008 white green
2009 white green x 2
2012 white green
It could be said that the at1 'chlorophyll' has released 11 times. It deserves better than we may be getting.

Knowledge! Thanks!

In regards to the mesh toe box...I was searching Google to show a buddy this shoe (he was confused with the Trainer 1 from a couple years back) and see that a pair that McEnroe wore and signed has a mesh toe box...possible they were only for him?

http://sneakernews.com/2009/05/21/nike-knows-training-2009-summit/

Also...the colorways that you have only seen that are only in the catalog...frequently colorways (even today) make a printed catalog and are later dropped because they are not ordered in large enough quantities to be ordered (or for various other reasons)...maybe they were never produced???

Lastly...as far as production dates...back in the 80's and even into the 90's...accounts were allowed to order and re-order styles, including Jordan's...thus, creating additional production runs with different production dates...it wasn't like it is today...I am sure there were some "rules" to this...but, very different from what we see today...

JM

Last edited:
i actually paid 110 +shipping
and unfortunately they have almost none left (no 11.5)
same deal with the 107.5 +shipping on ebay
phone orders to anywhere retail will probably have to wait till monday at this point
citysole had/has em on their website & on their ebay store (no 11.5)
seems to me most places online & da brick* mortar mom&pops released em today!
so come 10/20, nike, footlocker, finishline etc might be the only places (left because these also seem to be selling out)
and those are the most well known easily accessible places people go, so...

A fair number of Champs locations will have these as well...

JM

Well, my size 11 came in today.  I have to say that the quality isn't as bad as I expected.  But it also isn't great.  I'd call it "acceptable", which is probably aided by the fact that these are just a classic shoe/colorway.  I'm back to my original stance of 2 pairs are necessary.  

Sizing is definitely small, as other heads in here have alluded to.  Even with the straps undone they fit pretty snug, so going a half-size up is probably a good idea.  So now the hunt for 11.5's begins.  

I gotta say, it felt damn good to look down at my feet and see these on 'em.  Been waiting for years.  

edit:  Forgot to add that if anyone needs an 11 for retail + shipping, just PM me.  And if anyone has an extra 11.5, do the same. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Man that sucks to hear about sizing. Exact opposite of every other trainer retro. Mine will be in tomorrow and it sounds like they are gonna be too small. I have been dying to get these things and now I am going to have to wait to sell my pairs and hope to find 2 more in the correct size without having to pay an arm and a leg. I already paid 140 a piece for these 2. Man Nike's sizing blows.

Paid $89.95 + tax for my pair. Don't have to worry about waking up early to cop online, if they are releasing online

Last edited:
These are appearing to look like they will be in more shops than I imagined.. I can provide some links via PM. No need to blow any spot up..

so will these be on NDC? saving a gift certificate for them. but if they aren't dropping on NDC might as wel cop now.

NDC will have them? Hmm. I want at least one more pr but hoping I can snag for under retail. If NDC and Champs come thru w/releases, that means either they're going to sit on some pairs or smaller shops will. May have to take a gamble.

Anyway, my two pairs came in today.

I'd agree w/whoever gave the shoe a 6 out of 10 rating. Had some glue stains, cheap leather toebox, etc etc. What we knew to expect so no surprises. But (and again to reiterate what someone else said) it just felt good to have a fresh pair of these on.

I'd call these "TTS" but I'm a 13. There aren't many options :lol:. Definitely a little snug at first like most AT1s but try loosening the strap completely, putting them on and then adjusting it to fit. That always helps release some tension across the forefoot.

Just got my pair... premium my ***... they look (glue stains, creasing) & feel madd cheap (cheap leather & nubuck)... I wanted to get 2 pairs, one will be enough. I always loved them but $110 is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much money for these..

Back
Top Bottom