OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

This release was SO fire, and so underrated. I've worn one of my pairs a ton, to do just about everything. Every time I think they're about done and beat, I clean them and realize they're still good to go. Still have two DS pairs as well.
had to pay resale but glad I did when I did

I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it now that prices went up

still haven't worn them though 🤷‍♂️

Same here. I paid maybe 70 bucks over and even then my friend had to force me to. He knew how much I love the shoe and getting hands on them was hard since we only have 1 maybe 2 Nike SB skate shops. First time I ever went over retail on a shoe without selling anything for it. Don't regret it at all.

I'm still hoping Sportswear will release these in the next year or two.

Same here. I paid maybe 70 bucks over and even then my friend had to force me to. He knew how much I love the shoe and getting hands on them was hard since we only have 1 maybe 2 Nike SB skate shops. First time I ever went over retail on a shoe without selling anything for it. Don't regret it at all.

I had to pay resale as well for all four of the pairs I bought, but I got two pairs for like $140, and then I think a pair for like $160 and maybe $170 at the most. Didn't even care, as this is one of the greatest shoes of all time. It would've been nice to be able to get them all for the $115 MSRP, but the prices on stuff today are totally arbitrary to me and based on hype. Had Nike released them with a $160 MSRP, I would've bought them at that price, too. These are far nicer to touch and wear than, say, a $200 AJ IV retro, or frankly just about any $200-plus retro. So I didn't blink at paying a few bucks over the box price.

Re: a non-SB retro, somewhere in here a while back someone reported there was a rumor it was happening this year. Haven't seen anything further about it, though. I'd grab two pairs if they were done as well as the SB version was.

I had to pay resale as well for all four of the pairs I bought, but I got two pairs for like $140, and then I think a pair for like $160 and maybe $170 at the most. Didn't even care, as this is one of the greatest shoes of all time. It would've been nice to be able to get them all for the $115 MSRP, but the prices on stuff today are totally arbitrary to me and based on hype. Had Nike released them with a $160 MSRP, I would've bought them at that price, too. These are far nicer to touch and wear than, say, a $200 AJ IV retro, or frankly just about any $200-plus retro. So I didn't blink at paying a few bucks over the box price.

Re: a non-SB retro, somewhere in here a while back someone reported there was a rumor it was happening this year. Haven't seen anything further about it, though. I'd grab two pairs if they were done as well as the SB version was.
That's exactly how my friend put it. Saying how nowadays with most things you can't get at retail you guys resale for what you're comfortable with. Then asked if I would buy them in store at $170 and for sure I would so pulled the trigger.

That's exactly how my friend put it. Saying how nowadays with most things you can't get at retail you guys resale for what you're comfortable with. Then asked if I would buy them in store at $170 and for sure I would so pulled the trigger.
Totally. And you don't always know anymore how it's going to go once you get a bit down the road. The profit I made from selling one pair for that ridiculous $450 price paid for one of the three pairs I still have, so it became a three for the price of two deal LOL. That's not the norm on a release like this, but if I had passed on these at the time I would be triple kicking myself now that the prices are where they are.

Paid about 170 for each of my pairs. I broke even when I sold off my extra. Prices for size 9.5 aren’t too crazy at this point. If they do drop the OG version, I feel like the quality will need to be superb for me to buy another pair.

934D04CB-6696-4992-A4E5-63FC153DCC1D.jpeg

Paid about 170 for each of my pairs. I broke even when I sold off my extra. Prices for size 9.5 aren’t too crazy at this point. If they do drop the OG version, I feel like the quality will need to be superb for me to buy another pair.
I'd buy a true OG retro just to have them in that form. That said, I'm not entirely sure I don't actually prefer the SB version with the suede.

I’ve owned every rendition of the AT1. Can’t remember how comfortable the 87 pair was (7th grade) but this SB version is far and away superior to any retro version.
I can see that. I think the suede and nice leather on the toe helps with the pinky not getting crushed.
I think I'd want an OG version just because I'm so damn particular about things like that.

Back
Top Bottom