Official Alien(s) Franchise Tread. Alien: Romulus 8/16/24

Originally Posted by hymen man

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Anyone else love the siren sound in the trailer?

Thought I was the only one, I get amped every time I hear it.. wanna throw @#%$ around
pimp.gif
Same here

Most of my friends were skeptical of this movie until the barrage of TV spots during the games this weekend. They're all about as geeked for it as me now though
laugh.gif

I watched alien last week and it's honestly nowhere near as violent or gory as I remember it. It might not be rated R today if you take out the language and chest bursting scene.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I watched alien last week and it's honestly nowhere near as violent or gory as I remember it. It might not be rated R today if you take out the language and chest bursting scene.

Same here, but after watching it I'm even more hyped for Prometheus. I totally forgot there was an android on board can't wait to hear/see the story.

Damn, I remember when I made this thread how excited I was.  This next week is gonna go by so slow
frown.gif

Reviews are mixed. Hearing theres a shakey plot and some are mad that there are too many questions posed with no answers. Which isn't surprising sice that twerp helped write the script. The effects are supposedly perfect tho. The fresh rating is good on rottentomatoes but when you read the actual reviews most aren't too great.

Originally Posted by chris82790

So far it's getting good reviews on RT.

Not really.  Just because it's got a tomato doesn't mean it's a good review.

The RT consensus has been "Ehhhh..." All the reviewers say the plot is weak, the narrative's predictable and kinda cheesy, the acting is bad aside from Noomi and Fassbender, and the story goes nowhere, but that it's 'good enough.'

Still gonna see it though
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

oh man...can't wait. ^Possibly revisiting Blade Runner too?
pimp.gif

19 August 2011Last updated at 04:39 ET [h1]Ridley Scott to direct new Blade Runner film[/h1]
British director Sir Ridley Scott is to make a new instalment of his 1982 cult sci-fi Blade Runner, producers have announced.

Alcon Entertainment said the film will be a prequel or sequel, rather than a remake of the Philip K **** adaptation.

Based on the novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, it starred Harrison Ford as a police officer who hunts down genetically engineered lifelike robots.

The film was not a box office hit, but later became a cult classic.

Set in Los Angeles in 2019, its vision of a dystopian future was influential on many later films.

"It would be a gross understatement to say that we are elated Ridley Scott will shepherd this iconic story into a new, exciting direction," producers Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove said in a statement.

"This is once in a lifetime project for us."

Kosove told the Los Angeles Times that the new film will stand on its own.

"Everything Ridley does as a filmmaker is fresh. I believe he sees an opportunity to create something that's wholly original from the first Blade Runner," he said.

The producer added that filming could begin in 2013 at the earliest, with the movie not in cinemas until at least 2014.

Although no hint has been given about casting yet, Kosove said it was unlikely Ford would return in his role as Rick Deckard.

"In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott, but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford? The answer is no.

"This is a total reinvention, and in my mind that means doing everything fresh, including casting."

The project will be the second time that Sir Ridley, who directed Robin Hood last year, has gone back to his sci-fi roots.

Next year sees the release of Prometheus, an outer space adventure loosely connected to his 1979 sci-fi horror hit Alien.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by chris82790

So far it's getting good reviews on RT.

Not really.  Just because it's got a tomato doesn't mean it's a good review.

The RT consensus has been "Ehhhh..." All the reviewers say the plot is weak, the narrative's predictable and kinda cheesy, the acting is bad aside from Noomi and Fassbender, and the story goes nowhere, but that it's 'good enough.'

Still gonna see it though
ohwell.gif

Even though it may not get the best reviews 86% on RT is pretty good. A tomato on there means the reviewer gave the movie a 3/4 or higher I'm pretty sure, which is good. 

^yeah but the reason almost everyone's hype that the story of the space jockeys and the aliens universe will get expanded and EVERY review says that the flaw in the movie IS the story.

That's bad news.

should i watch alien before i see this, i only seen some of avp no other alien movies

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

should i watch alien before i see this, i only seen some of avp no other alien movies
Not sure if it's mandatory but I'd definitely watch it. A few weeks ago upon hearing of the similarities of Prometheus and Alien, I went ahead and watched it for the first time. Just by watching the Prometheus trailer you can see how many elements were taken from Alien, so I can only imagine how many are going to be in the full movie.

Back
Top Bottom