Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

That's it, Folks. Show's over.

Apple has done it again...

"applaud 'em"
For what?
For taking two devices, tweaking them a little, and merging them.

This thing will be a hit. You or others may not think so, but just wait.

I'll wait for that refurb 3G.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
like I said, Apple is cult like status

you just like to ignore the bunches of people in here who are apple users and are actually critical of this device.
Exactly. I love Apple, but the iPad is pretty damn useless to me. It'll flop.

iPode Touch X Kindle with a bit of FAIL thrown in

Apple's conferences have gotten progressively worse over the last 2 and a half years. So much more hype than actual fullfilment/substance whereas a few years back they had some nice innovations.

I didn't even bother checking for any information on this event until just now as I was browsing through this thread (and a few other sites) and I can see I didn't miss much of anything.

I'm sorry but 16 Gigs for $500 + Tax on an ipod touch with only a FEW more features (you could count the differences on one hand) is bewildering. Simply.

itz rOLLi wrote:
Biggie62 wrote:
OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:
Biggie62 wrote:
iPhoneupdates and show is usually June/July. For those who thought that theywould update an iPhone now have no idea how Apple's timeline works.They stick to a strict cycle with updates on their products. Such aiPods always and only update mid September. There's no reason for themchanging the iPhone yet when the 3GS is less than a year old.
http://gizmodo.com/517179...rything-you-need-to-know

march of 08.

Don't try me.

And when was the actual phone released?  Yea, I thought so.  Fall back.

are you serious? son gettin up out his seat talkin about "don't try me."

Nah, its not that serious. Its all jokes over here...but don't drop "knowledge" about others not knowing timelines when you're blatantly wrong...plus its funny to correct others...

Hopefuly by flopping, it will motivate them to make it into a true laptop or even a net book.  I think if they do that, then game over.   

Hopefuly by flopping, it will motivate them to make it into a true laptop or even a net book.  I think if they do that, then game over.   

Even though most of it was already spoken on, I thought I would post this anyway.
[h1]8 Things That Suck About the iPad[/h1]
My god, am I underwhelmed by the iPad. This is as inessential a product as I've ever seen, but beyond that, it has some absolutely backbreaking failures that will make me judge anyone who buys one.

Big, Ugly Bezel
Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.

No Multitasking
This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.

No Cameras
No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?

Touch Keyboard
So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.

No HDMI/HD Video Out
Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.

The Name iPad
Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!

No Flash
No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.

Adapters, Adapters, Adapters
So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Biggie62

iPhone updates and show is usually June/July. For those who thought that they would update an iPhone now have no idea how Apple's timeline works. They stick to a strict cycle with updates on their products. Such a iPods always and only update mid September. There's no reason for them changing the iPhone yet when the 3GS is less than a year old.

True. If you think about it, almost every device is up to date. The last thing they lacked was the Mac Mouse and that came out a couple of months ago. So for the most part, Apple has all up to date products.
indifferent.gif

I legitimately hope this is sarcasm.

Okay so where are my updated Mac Book/ Mac Book Pros with Core i5 or Core i7
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This is BS. I don't know if I can wait another 4 months for a laptop.
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

About the iPad:
- How are people going to stare at this for 1hrs+
- Really $130 extra for 3G
eek.gif
indifferent.gif

- how you gonna say it's between a smartphone and laptop but use an iPhone OS

To all you Verizon/T-Mobile customers you are pretty much out of luck for a while seeing as apple has a deal with AT&T even though their iPhone contract is over
ohwell.gif

sick.gif
Why would they use the iPhone OS

- how you gonna say it's between a smartphone and laptop but use an iPhone OS
Ding! Who the @!@% are they tryna fool...

This is cool, but very useless.
I would appreciate an apple game system way more than an giant iPod Touch.

I love apple, but this blows...big time.

Originally Posted by reemz

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by Biggie62

iPhone updates and show is usually June/July. For those who thought that they would update an iPhone now have no idea how Apple's timeline works. They stick to a strict cycle with updates on their products. Such a iPods always and only update mid September. There's no reason for them changing the iPhone yet when the 3GS is less than a year old.

True. If you think about it, almost every device is up to date. The last thing they lacked was the Mac Mouse and that came out a couple of months ago. So for the most part, Apple has all up to date products.
indifferent.gif

I legitimately hope this is sarcasm.

What do you mean? New cinema display, new keyboard, mouse, iPhone, Nanos, iMac has the new 27", I believe the laptops are fairly new. What else is there? Is the laptops that old? iPod classic?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

I'm sorry but 16 Gigs for $500 + Tax on an ipod touch with only a FEW more features (you could count the differences on one hand) is bewildering. Simply.

y do people compare it to an ipod touch price when the screen is substantially bigger
indifferent.gif

^^^^But we're talking about how the iPod touch is more portable friendly then a iPad. We know there is a larger screen but the iPod touch is just easier to fit in your pocket and does most things that an iPad can do.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Fong, you called it dude! hahaha

fatlace_boombox_blake1.jpg

Haha! That's what I am talking about. Damn....forgot homeboys name. I guess they're at Macworld right now.

Originally Posted by Dynamics82

y do people compare it to an ipod touch price when the screen is substantially bigger
indifferent.gif

you're a damn liar if you can justify that sort of expenditure for nearly $300 more with LIMITED functional gains. That my friend is a RIP OFF.

They make 16 Gig JumpDrives these days if you haven't realized.

No Flash
No Flash is annoying but not a dealbreaker on the iPhone and iPod Touch. On something that's supposed to be closer to a netbook or laptop? It will leave huge, gaping holes in websites. I hope you don't care about streaming video! God knows not many casual internet users do. Oh wait, nevermind, they all do.

0a3255dec1d278ef8357e5d57c6481892298850.gif

This is an automatic fail! for Apple.

I don't see how a lot of you were expecting a ton of announcements regarding other projects/products?

Didn't the initial invitation sent out say "Come see our latest creation". This isn't a MacWorld even like in year's past, didn't they say last year they were going away from that format?

indifferent.gif

you're a damn liar if you can justify that sort of expenditure for nearly $300 more with LIMITED functional gains. That my friend is a RIP OFF.

if you dont want something that is super portable i would get this
i dont wanna read a ebook on an iphone or touch
this has alot of uses better suited for it than the iphone or touch

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Even though most of it was already spoken on, I thought I would post this anyway.
[h1]8 Things That Suck About the iPad[/h1]
My god, am I underwhelmed by the iPad. This is as inessential a product as I've ever seen, but beyond that, it has some absolutely backbreaking failures that will make me judge anyone who buys one.

Big, Ugly Bezel
Have you seen the bezel on this thing?! It's huge! I know you don't want to accidentally input a command when your thumb is holding it, but come on.

No Multitasking
This is a backbreaker. If this is supposed to be a replacement for netbooks, how can it possibly not have multitasking? Are you saying I can't listen to Pandora while writing a document? I can't have my Twitter app open at the same time as my browser? I can't have AIM open at the same time as my email? Are you kidding me? This alone guarantees that I will not buy this product.

No Cameras
No front facing camera is one thing. But no back facing camera either? Why the hell not? I can't imagine what the downside was for including at least one camera. Could this thing not handle video iChat?

Touch Keyboard
So much for Apple revolutionizing tablet inputs; this is the same big, ugly touchscreen keyboard we've seen on other tablets, and unless you're lying on the couch with your knees propping it up, it'll be awkward to use.

No HDMI/HD Video Out
Want to watch those nice HD videos you downloaded from iTunes on your TV? Too damned bad! If you were truly loyal, you'd just buy an AppleTV already.

The Name iPad
Get ready for Maxi pad jokes, and lots of 'em!

No Flash

Adapters, Adapters, Adapters
So much for those smooth lines. If you want to plug anything into this, such as a digital camera, you need all sorts of ugly adapters. You need an adapter for USB for god's sake.

This.

Ill still probably copp though
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

if you dont want something that is super portable i would get this
i dont wanna read a ebook on an iphone or touch
this has alot of uses better suited for it than the iphone or touch

So if that is your stand, please tell me what the iPad can do that the iPod touch can't do? I just don't think the price is worth the benefits.

Horrible, I was hoping for a new MBP, damn, really upset.

Anybody any ideas when the next conference might be, where they will reveal the new MBP and someting actually useful....?

Back
Top Bottom