Official Atlanta Hawks 2011-2012 Thread

Originally Posted by romedadude

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by JaeEvolution

Man we need to stop going for bum Centers, we should call up Phoenix and see what it takes to get Gortat up here.

Since he was traded to Phoenix he got 23 double doubles, his offensive stats may be inflated next to Nash but his rebounding numbers were amazing and he is an ACTIVE big, being behind Dwight for all those years did this guy no justice on how good he is.

I'm not going to get excited for Kwame Brown or Jason Collins, who is? Team needs to get serious and address what we've needed from day one a 7 ft active center, our whole team is set other than that...

this. the hawks seriously need a young, athletic, energetic center in order to get passed the 2nd round. gotta stop using guys like collins, hes in foul trouble 5 minutes into the game and push horford to play the 5 when hes a natural 4.
I agree with both of yall, but financially it's not feasible. As Jae stated it'll take a trade to get the player we need.

I named the guys I named because those are realistic options, given the way the our management operates.

Just take a look at our contract situation, via ShamSports:

[table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]2011/2012[/td] [td]2012/2013[/td] [td]2013/2014[/td] [td]2014/2015[/td] [td]2015/2016[/td] [td]2016/2017[/td] [td]Total[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Joe Johnson[/td] [td]$18,038,573[/td] [td]$19,752,645[/td] [td]$21,466,718[/td] [td]$23,180,790[/td] [td]$24,894,863[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$107,333,589[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Josh Smith[/td] [td]$12,500,000[/td] [td]$13,300,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$25,800,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Al Horford[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]$12,000,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$60,000,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kirk Hinrich[/td] [td]$8,100,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$8,100,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Marvin Williams[/td] [td]$8,050,000[/td] [td]$8,837,500[/td] [td]$8,050,000[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$24,937,500[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Zaza Pachulia[/td] [td]$4,750,000[/td] [td]$5,248,750[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$9,998,750[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jeff Teague[/td] [td]$1,579,920[/td] [td]$2,433,077[/td] [td]$3,469,568[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$4,012,997[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Magnum Rolle[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [td]$973,872[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Pape Sy[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [td]$788,872[/td] [td]$973,872[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]$1,577,744[/td][/tr][/table]

It's not even worth adding the recent signings because those are one-two year deals that don't tie us down too much.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
at Joe Johnsons Contract... looks horrible on paper...

Our bench lineup is better than last years thats for sure but we do need a center...we just don't have the money...I really hope the team get sold to an owner who wants to win

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Time to rebuild around Horford and possibly Teague. But let T-Mac get out of the first round healthy first. 
laugh.gif

dont think that you can rebuild with the joe johnson contract. that guy is going to be here for a long, long time
laugh.gif
. also, the hawks have been rebuilding for the past 5 years trying to get a good team out of the draft

Anybody know why we signed Magnum Rolle..? Dude is buns, if that Center we signed aint no better than him then *facepalm*

Originally Posted by diew its james

dont think that you can rebuild with the joe johnson contract. that guy is going to be here for a long, long time
laugh.gif
. also, the hawks have been rebuilding for the past 5 years trying to get a good team out of the draft
Marvin Williams over CP3 never helped.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Anybody know why we signed Magnum Rolle..? Dude is buns, if that Center we signed aint no better than him then *facepalm*
We had him since late last year. He's athletic and a shot blocker, but I don't think he'll get a lot of PT. I hope Keith Benson can provide some depth.

This is our roster after the final cutdown.

PG: Jeff Teague / Jannero Pargo / Donald Sloan / Kirk Hinrich* injured

SG: Joe Johnson / Willie Green / Jerry Stackhouse

SF: Marvin Williams / Tracy McGrady

PF: Josh Smith / Vladimir Radmanovic / Ivan Johnson

C: Al Horford / Zaza Pachulia / Jason Collins

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by DLo13

No #*+#.

...and the last thing we need him doing is taking jumpers. He's been working on that since he got here, he's always gonna be a piss poor shooter.

Same used to be said about Amare. 

I dont think with his form he can ever be a consistant outside shooter. On the other hand Amare does not have that bad of form he was just raw.

When Hinrich comes back the bench depth will be pretty good, still need a Center and an answer for the SF spot just like we've needed for the past 4 years...

I have a questions. So I'm a Bulls fan living in Bama and my girl got me tickets for the game on the 7th at Phillips.
How soon should we arrive at the arena, and what's parking like?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I have a questions. So I'm a Bulls fan living in Bama and my girl got me tickets for the game on the 7th at Phillips.

Since you have tickets, take your time getting there. It'll probably be packed since one of the better teams in the league and a superstar are coming to town. On the other hand if you're driving, get there early to get a good parking spot. Otherwise, take the train. Where are you staying?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

So Ivan Johnson is going to make the squad?
He made the squad.

diew its james wrote:
tmac is going to play back up pg, sg, and sf?
Sort of. Mostly the 3 since we have some depth at the guard spots. Remember he played some point guard last year for Detroit. I'm just mad the Hawks still haven't added a quality center.

Since you have tickets, take your time getting there. It'll probably be packed since one of the better teams in the league and a superstar are coming to town. On the other hand if you're driving, get there early to get a good parking spot. Otherwise, take the train. Where are you staying?

We're either staying near Perimeter Mall or downtown. I said we can stay near the arena and try to just walk there from the hotel if it's close enough. I've had some weird experiences downtown though

We're either staying near Perimeter Mall or downtown. I said we can stay near the arena and try to just walk there from the hotel if it's close enough. I've had some weird experiences downtown though
If you're by Perimeter Mall take the train and walk if you're close enough (Downtown)

Back
Top Bottom