Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Originally Posted by Trav T

Originally Posted by DHD28

Originally Posted by you go boy

got my kobe all star 98 from the mitchell and ness sale and is it just me or is the purple different? what i mean by this is that it looks different compared to magic johnson purple throwback.... the magic throwback has a darker purple in comparison to my kobe which is lighter
What size did you get? I noticed the purple is more like a barney purple rather than a majestic/concord purple. still love it though, but will probably get rid of the patch.
btw, does anyone have tips on removing the patch?

Use a seam ripper. I stripped 4 sets of numbers and the nameplate off a Rbk Edge jersey, and the seam ripper worked great.

but why would you want to remove the all star logo? that's just stupid!!

Originally Posted by yelloo

I want a tmac orlando jersey

nerd.gif

24cea74.jpg

28gtl61.jpg

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

What size did you get? I noticed the purple is more like a barney purple rather than a majestic/concord purple. still love it though, but will probably get rid of the patch.

Use a seam ripper. I stripped 4 sets of numbers and the nameplate off a Rbk Edge jersey, and the seam ripper worked great.

i wouldnt say its stupid, he probably doesnt want the all-star jersey just a regular Kobe away like most people wanted. hes not the first to want to remove the patch, trust me.

should be no problem to remove it, just use a seam ripper like Trav said.

Yeah, just make sure you cut the stitching from the outside of the jersey, so you minimize the risk of cutting the fabric.

be aware that there may be some pulls on the fabric from removing the patch, so do it very carefullly.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

damn all that effort b/c of a All Star patch? the patch makes it more unique

It's visually horrendous, not to mention the placement of the patch is inaccurate.

The patch should come off clean. If there's any glue residue, turn the jersey inside out and place an old shirt under it. Place another shirt over the jersey, and take a hot steamy iron to it. The glue should transfer onto the shirt.

The patch should come off clean. If there's any glue residue, turn the jersey inside out and place an old shirt under it. Place another shirt over the jersey, and take a hot steamy iron to it. The glue should transfer onto the shirt.

that is not always true though.. with some jerseys you get to see where the patch was. it might be lighter or darker. i'd keep it, because it will never be a nike kobe jersey, but still a nice jersey to have.. and that tmac jersey, i'd customize it to a penny jersey!!!

That's only if the jersey is old or faded. The iron should do the trick of diminishing any mark.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

i got a large size 44 FYI... and i will not be taking off the logo... i think it adds to the jersey and would just ruin it by taking off the logo... but thats just me... if u want to take the logo off be my guest but i will pass on doing that

^ it's definitely an ugly patch but I would leave it. It adds value to it, won't see a lot of those. I tried to get it but they didn't have my size.

damn all that effort b/c of a All Star patch? the patch makes it more unique

It's visually horrendous, not to mention the placement of the patch is inaccurate.
elitist attitude; I can find something wrong with EVERYTHING that has ever been reproduced 

it's like a half centimeter off; I am not arguing M&N doesn't get some jerseys right but you can easily buy the Purple 1997 Kobe
6a00d8341c506253ef0120a5b97d42970c-320wi

Kobe%20Bryant%20Jersey%20-%20Mitchell%20and%20Ness%20Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%201998%20All%20Star%20Jersey.jpg

it's like a half centimeter off; I am not arguing M&N doesn't get some jerseys right but you can easily buy the Purple 1997 Kobe
Which is why I'm confused, didn't want the patch so why not buy that?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Which is why I'm confused, didn't want the patch so why not buy that?
laugh.gif
maybe the regular jersey sold out, and the all star was all that was left

I was referring to the way they make the jersey itself.  Wrong cuts and the mesh holes and material is off.  Its not like they don't know how to make the jerseys correctly, they've done it in the past.

how do you Nike authentics from the late 90's fit?

I usually wear a 40 in M&N or maybe a 36 if cut big

what size would you recommend 36, 40, 44?

when i said "cut" i meant the shape of the jersey and how it fits, i tried some on at the nba store and they were stiff around the armpits, which is not at all the case with nike. size wise nike fits the same, so id get a 40, its hard to find sz 36 nike stuff anyway.

Back
Top Bottom