Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

New to the thread and to jerseys in general. The only NBA jersey I've ever had was a Lebron rookie Nike swingman when I was a kid.

I've been looking at Champion authentics on the bay. I've noticed that the lowest size have all been a 40. Was that the lowest size Champion manufactured? How do they fit in comparison to a M&N jersey? Also, how much did these things retail for back in the day?

New to the thread and to jerseys in general. The only NBA jersey I've ever had was a Lebron rookie Nike swingman when I was a kid.

I've been looking at Champion authentics on the bay. I've noticed that the lowest size have all been a 40. Was that the lowest size Champion manufactured? How do they fit in comparison to a M&N jersey? Also, how much did these things retail for back in the day?

Champion authentics started at size 40. Replicas came in smaller sizes. The retail value I believe varied per jersey but was somewhere in the $100-$150 range for the most part, with pro cuts being $350.

i believe size 36 existed.  NOt sure on the fit vs M&N.
if it does exist, it's like finding a unicorn lol

I'm just worried about the length of the jersey as I'm not that tall. If it's too long, I'll have to get it tailored.

Champion authentics started at size 40. Replicas came in smaller sizes. The retail value I believe varied per jersey but was somewhere in the $100-$150 range for the most part, with pro cuts being $350.
Was a size 40 back then considered a medium like it is today?

That retail price is a steal for an authentic if you ask me...

if it does exist, it's like finding a unicorn lol

I'm just worried about the length of the jersey as I'm not that tall. If it's too long, I'll have to get it tailored.
Was a size 40 back then considered a medium like it is today?

That retail price is a steal for an authentic if you ask me...

yeah 40 is medium. remember these are 1990s prices so with inflation it's not as good as it sounds, but it's still a lot better than the $300 they have the nerve to charge now.

New to adidas authentics. The sizing on them are insane. I am a L but would need to get a 2XL just to get my chest size. Does adidas make authentics similar to the old Champion authentics or is this the only option? Thanks in advance!

Ok from my research looks like there are 2 types of authentic jerseys. The one with +2 length which is extremely long and one with +0 length which seems to be regular sizing? Am I on the right track, Is the one with +0 length the pro cut?

Last edited:
New to adidas authentics. The sizing on them are insane. I am a L but would need to get a 2XL just to get my chest size. Does adidas make authentics similar to the old Champion authentics or is this the only option? Thanks in advance!

Ok from my research looks like there are 2 types of authentic jerseys. The one with +2 length which is extremely long and one with +0 length which seems to be regular sizing? Am I on the right track, Is the one with +0 length the pro cut?

No, the +0 length are only hitting retail in the last 2 seasons. Since Rev30 hit in 2010-11 they were all +2. Anything with +0 will be newer not JUST newer Pro-cuts. Also the only real difference is the length. The chest measurement is the same, maybe like 1/8" difference but that can vary team to team. I wear a M to L shirt, but the Rev30 I need an XL or 2XL. My chest measures 42" at 180lbs, 32" waist. Sizing on Rev30 always a nice topic in here lol.

Thanks for explaining man! From the pictures I have seen the +0 length jerseys looked to be much shorter than the +2 jerseys but I guess the difference is only the 2 inches.

yeah 40 is medium. remember these are 1990s prices so with inflation it's not as good as it sounds, but it's still a lot better than the $300 they have the nerve to charge now.
By any chance are you a size 40? Would you happen to know the length from the top of the shoulder to the bottom of the jersey?

Prices back then are def better than $300 :lol: :x

40 in Champion is more tighter than a 40 in m&n

Yea it will fit like a modern day small

how much tighter do they fit? Do you guys know the exact measurements around the chest and waist area?

I've copped my 48 Penny few years back, for cheap and NWT...

My 44 Shaq is also NWT, only the blue alternate shows some sign on numbers.

But I agree sometimes jerseys seem to avoid you, and it is so exasperating.

Orlando pinstripe champions do not hold up well. Resellers are taking pics with careful lightning and angles to hide the fact that the numbers are wrecked.

I'm content with not owning one unless it was cryogenically frozen in 1995

WON A JORDAN JERSEY 84-85 MN.. NEVER OWNED A JERSEY.. IM HOPING IT FITS. I DONT WANT A BAGGY JERSEY BUT ALSO DONT WANT IT TO BE SKIN TIGHT. HOPEFULLY GOING WITH A L/44 WILL BE FITTED AND JUST RIGHT.

Just saw a Jordan red champion authentic with the gold logo sell for almost $300 on auction. I remember just a few years ago they weren't even coming off at $100. I really regret not buying one back then

Digging through my closet

Back
Top Bottom