Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

what? ****

0FB804AD-7112-470A-8569-22E34B286284.jpeg

damn, likely woulda went for more, I felt like ive seen Arenas jerseys going for $200+ when I used to check

I woulda went $150 on that

Any of ya’ll here have any of the Champion Sixers jersey’s from like the 00’s? The wide shoulder ones. Found a few good grabs on a white mutombo and blue IVERSON...just curious on the fit with the wider shoulders...

My blue 44 AI looks like I’m wearing a paper bag (I found the shoulders to look quite pointy), but I’ve gained quite a bit of weight around the midsection too so that probably throws everything off as well when it’s too tight.

I don’t think I’ve even tried on my black 48 AI but I imagine it’s like the wide-shouldered champion replicas from the early 00’s that everyone loves but just heavier material. As an aside, it looks like the Jerry on mine is situated a little too high and I noticed there is an “A” missing on “athlete” on the jock tag. Saw one on eBay recently with the exact same defects...

From the pro-cut/gamers I’ve seen online the shoulders aren’t as wide as the retail authentics which is why AI is the only person ever who looked good in this style and why I never wear mine out lol. Probably one of the few jerseys where I’d wear a t-shirt underneath.

02874B61-B167-4F3A-9ECE-54F2F81CEAD4.jpeg
ADF27D59-A00B-46CD-B6A7-B2A1D226AF60.jpeg

The blue AI jersey is super nice, in size 44 too :pimp:

I hate to say it, but the black AI jersey you have is a fake, a really good fake, but a fake nonetheless. The missing "A" on "Athelete" is an immediate tell... there are bunch of fake Champion Authentics with the same mispelling. Another tell is the numbers on the size tag. Look at how the "4's" have a different font. The "4's" on blue AI are clearly not the same as the "4" on the black AI jersey. Sorry man, don't want to be the bringer of bad news but I think its fair for you to know. There are a bunch of really good fakes from the early 2000's... mainly made in Korea (Champion, Reebok and Adidas). I've been fooled before too, once copped a Reebok Artest Authentic, posted it here, only to find out it's fugazzi.

Damn really? :sick:

Lol I didn’t even notice until months after I got it. Didn’t think much of it, thought it was factory variant/ B-grade if anything. Like I’ve seen the same type of font on other AIs like the one below (but had “athlete spelled correctly lol). But if that’s the case, pretty depressing - never thought they’d have the technology to replicate a jersey like that back then from that era...:smh:

3B4892CF-D51A-49F5-BB9E-EDD7D6C5FF31.jpeg

My blue 44 AI looks like I’m wearing a paper bag (I found the shoulders to look quite pointy), but I’ve gained quite a bit of weight around the midsection too so that probably throws everything off as well when it’s too tight.

I don’t think I’ve even tried on my black 48 AI but I imagine it’s like the wide-shouldered champion replicas from the early 00’s that everyone loves but just heavier material. As an aside, it looks like the Jerry on mine is situated a little too high and I noticed there is an “A” missing on “athlete” on the jock tag. Saw one on eBay recently with the exact same defects...

From the pro-cut/gamers I’ve seen online the shoulders aren’t as wide as the retail authentics which is why AI is the only person ever who looked good in this style and why I never wear mine out lol. Probably one of the few jerseys where I’d wear a t-shirt underneath.

02874B61-B167-4F3A-9ECE-54F2F81CEAD4.jpeg
ADF27D59-A00B-46CD-B6A7-B2A1D226AF60.jpeg

Yup, the black jersey has the worst looking tags ever. Why is the first one so much smaller than the 2nd one?

Damn really? :sick:

Lol I didn’t even notice until months after I got it. Didn’t think much of it, thought it was factory variant/ B-grade if anything. Like I’ve seen the same type of font on other AIs like the one below (but had “athlete spelled correctly lol). But if that’s the case, pretty depressing - never thought they’d have the technology to replicate a jersey like that back then from that era...:smh:

3B4892CF-D51A-49F5-BB9E-EDD7D6C5FF31.jpeg

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, especially about the black AI jersey. Maybe some of the experts here can verify. It's all in the small details... if you compare the tags, stiching, logos, cut, collar and materials side by side I'm sure you'll find some differences. In all fairness, it's really just nitpicking, most wouldn't notice. Even close up you really have to "dissect" on some of these jerseys.

No swingman today. Got this gem off ebay for like 25 bucks a while ago. The guy custom tailored the length and kept all original tagging. Funny story...wore this to a horse track on a 100 plus degree day. Wasn't let into sections because I had no sleeves. I'm like, you realize this is a rev 30 authentic pro cut...are you serious...this is better than half the suits and whatnot inside...dude wouldn't budge
20200506_163212.jpg
20200506_163206.jpg
20200506_163203.jpg
20200506_163156.jpg
20200506_163153.jpg
20200506_163146.jpg
20200506_163143.jpg

I’m sure they didn’t GAF. I’m sure it was about prestige and appearance.
No swingman today. Got this gem off ebay for like 25 bucks a while ago. The guy custom tailored the length and kept all original tagging. Funny story...wore this to a horse track on a 100 plus degree day. Wasn't let into sections because I had no sleeves. I'm like, you realize this is a rev 30 authentic pro cut...are you serious...this is better than half the suits and whatnot inside...dude wouldn't budge
20200506_163212.jpg
20200506_163206.jpg
20200506_163203.jpg
20200506_163156.jpg
20200506_163153.jpg
20200506_163146.jpg
20200506_163143.jpg

How is EPS mesh numbers for rev30 jersey? I’m looking to custom a blank knicks but I’ve only used Jwc before. I’m happy with their service but it takes way too long with them and I don’t think Sending anything overseas is a good idea right now or anytime soon.
Ask Gerry Cosby, official tailor of the knicks.
Got a blank away jersey done few years ago and the mesh was official

thinking of getting the Mitchell Ness Jordan jersey. Should I get the heat pressed one from the early 80-90s or the later years which are stitched? Since both are about the same price and was wondering if they are of similar quality?

Back
Top Bottom