Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I got this one earlier this month.
IMG_7272.JPG
IMG_7273.JPG

A bit of a restoration project. Stripped those god-awful twill looking numbers. Starting to think Nike taking over was a good thing. At least they’re making authentics pretty much identical to what the players wear.

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4046.jpeg

Only a handful of my rev 30 authentics have the mesh numbers. Makes no sense why they would put fake mesh looking numbers on the jerseys.

That was the main problem with the Adidas authentic jerseys when they changed to that material. The mass produced ones had the wrong twill material on them, which made them look like bootleg jerseys.

The boxed versions had the correct mesh material numbers. But the problem with the boxed versions were that they were one size only, specifically fitted for the individual player. That would be a problem for smaller or shorter people due to fitting issues.

I got this one this month.
IMG_7301.JPG
IMG_7303.JPG

Still getting used to the NBA logo on the back, but that Hawks jersey is hard

Unfortunately, the NBA logo got repositioned on the back in the 2009-10 season, which was also the first year Adidas changed to that crappy material gimmick until the last year of their license contract with the NBA in 2016-17.

It's too bad stupid Nike maintained the NBA logo on the back ever since they regained the NBA contract in 2017-18 to present.

I also never liked the teams that won championships having the NBA Finals trophy clarifying the number of titles they won on the back collar.

I miss the NBA logo on the front from 1986-87 to 2009-10.

A bit of a restoration project. Stripped those god-awful twill looking numbers. Starting to think Nike taking over was a good thing. At least they’re making authentics pretty much identical to what the players wear.

IMG_4045.jpeg

IMG_4046.jpeg
if you dont mind my asking how were you able to do this? i have a spurs TP and a pacers PG i want to swap from twill to mesh bc i have the numbers to do it but everywhere i take them says the material on the jersey is too thin and that the numbers are embroidered and it'll rip the jersey.

if you dont mind my asking how were you able to do this? i have a spurs TP and a pacers PG i want to swap from twill to mesh bc i have the numbers to do it but everywhere i take them says the material on the jersey is too thin and that the numbers are embroidered and it'll rip the jersey.
Yes I used a seam ripper. Didn’t trust anyone else to do it. There are certain corners and edges that were stubborn, so I just used the blade of the seam ripper to cut the stitching which resulted in a very small hole or tear in the fabric in some spots. I didn’t care because the mesh numbers covered it when it was stitched on - but yes, be careful.

Anyone know how to remove the “C” from the back of this? Looks like it’s really strong heat-activated glue/ adhesive…

I tried Goo Gone and acetone/ nail polish remover but had zero effect.

My OCD can’t live how historically inaccurate this jersey is…

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone know who to remove the “C” from the back of this? Looks like it’s really strong heat-activated glue/ adhesive…

I tried Goo Gone and acetone/ nail polish remover but had zero effect.

My OCD can’t live how historically inaccurate this jersey is…

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4258.jpeg

idk the answer to your question and i'd be interested to know too but wouldn't it be even less accurate if you remove the C? unless you can somehow move the nba logo from the front to the back

Yeah, I'd just leave the C unless you can remove the NBA logo on front, too.

I've heard people use VLR for some projects. I haven't seen what it does to a Rev30 jersey though.

I have the 2015 Finals patch that I was going to put where the C was. I think the Cavs wore their yellow Alts for game 6.

That said, I did something shameful. I tried, rather unsuccessfully, to remove the nba logo by hand after watching this weird trend of people removing the new era embroidered logo from their fitted caps. :frown: Anyways, before I get clowned…remember…I did this so no one else would have to!!!

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4262.jpeg

why is the jersey inaccurate? they didn't wear those unis kyrie's rookie year with the nba logo on the front and the team logo on the back?

Back
Top Bottom