~~~*** Official Automotive Thread ***~~~

Originally Posted by wj4

previous owner did the dealership every 15k change
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
That's because the car was initially a lease.
laugh.gif
BMW only gives out freebies every 15k.

BTW me thinks that's an E46, Dayday! SMH I came in here to see an E36 sitting on them 10s.

I'm not sure what the oil change intervals are for BMW's but I know in my manual for my car it says once a year or every 13,000 miles.

Throwing in a pic of the whip:

(Since this pic, I have switched the mesh on the "platinum" grill to a PX8 Laredo Grille.)

Originally Posted by Hodog16

Took my car in for 15,000 mile maintenance yesterday and then spent the rest of the day detailing it with Zaino. Stripped the wax with Dawn, used a clay bar, then put on two coats of polish.

Now I just want to leave it in the garage since it's so clean.

eek.gif
never ever seen you before and you're a mod.

what kind of bar and polish do you use btw?

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

yo what is a sway bar, i hear it all the time but dont know what it is

it has to do with the suspension, it's a bar that's either in the front or rear.

you'll see it under most hoods of cars going across the engine from right to left, something to do with balance, handling, and turning as far as I know.

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

Took my car in for 15,000 mile maintenance yesterday and then spent the rest of the day detailing it with Zaino. Stripped the wax with Dawn, used a clay bar, then put on two coats of polish.

eek.gif

it has to do with the suspension, it's a bar that's either in the front or rear.

you'll see it under most hoods of cars going across the engine from right to left, something to do with balance, handling, and turning as far as I know.
what you just described about is called a strut bar, not a sway bar.
sway bars is connected to the control arms of the car. it basically keeps it more flat through the turns.

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Throwing in a pic of the whip:

(Since this pic, I have switched the mesh on the "platinum" grill to a PX8 Laredo Grille.)
the system i'd throw in a car like that
smh.gif

Originally Posted by TheeQuickness

AirPhillipines,

Aren't you like...19 now?

22. Didn't get the car new though so there was some depreciation. Today 996 GT3s go for about 60-65k.
Joe Camel-I have thought about a GT2. There are times were I'll pull up next to an AMG or a V10 M and I'm like damn lol. I feel if I were to get aturbo powered 911 I wouldn't stop until I had 1000hp or something. I'd have this insatiable appetite for horsepower (don't we all) but moreso withforced induction. I prefer N/A on the track though just because of how linear and predictable the delivery is. In regards to depreciation, the GT3 as i'veseen has been hit the least hardest. I've seen turbo's as low as 40k, and if I were looking for a car now, that would be a VERY enticing proposition.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Everyone seen my car already..Work messed up my order and sent me the wrong sized wheel which was a god send since i'm getting rid of it soon

Making the switch?
1224524653.jpg
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I'm kind of a car newb...

How easy is it to change the oil on my own? 2008 G35.
I'm sure I'll get laughed at, I've just never done it myself and I'd like to start, but I need to get an idea of how many hours out of my dayit'll take and if I've got the time. Plus, I'm not 100% sure if I trust a lot of those oil change places and I don't feel like going to thedealer and getting bent over.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Naw...
RonJons...effin sick. Still torn between these and the A-Specs.

Anyway, did an 7-hour detail yesterday. Wash, clay, wash, scratch treatment, polish twice, wax. Thanks to Air Spider for the advice.

smh.gif
i at the grills of the new acura's... too bad i wont buy another acura.... we and the wifey got mad bad luck with them.. the new one looks kind of sickthough... its supposed to x6 type of vehical

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

eek.gif

What HenLin is talking about is actually called a Strut bar. Sway bars are under the cars. Typically, the stiffer the sway bar = less body roll.If you want to hang harder mid corner, you upgrade your sway bars. It does affect ride quality to a noticeable degree as well since you're controlling thelateral movement. I got aftermarket front and rear hotchkis sways, and I must say....
pimp.gif
. I almost lost it when I was testing them out though,
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

I'm kind of a car newb...

How easy is it to change the oil on my own? 2008 G35.
I'm sure I'll get laughed at, I've just never done it myself and I'd like to start, but I need to get an idea of how many hours out of my day it'll take and if I've got the time. Plus, I'm not 100% sure if I trust a lot of those oil change places and I don't feel like going to the dealer and getting bent over.
It shouldn't be that hard. go to your local dealership and buy an oil filter. Locate the drain plug and oil filter under the hood. If you buythat contraption I posted on page 1, it makes the job a lot less difficult. It pumps the oil out where the dip stick goes. If you have to access your oilfilter under the car then its a toss up of whether or not to use the oil extractor.
If you can access you oil filter without putting your car under bridges then i highly recommend that tool.

It takes me an hour at the most (maybe over after clean up).
The steps are pretty much universal:
1. drain oil.
2. replace oil filter.
3. fill with new oil.
4. run the engine.
5. measure and level off.

Anyone own any muscle cars or any whips from the late 60's - early 70's???

Chevelle, Lemans, GTO, Torino... any of the sort??

nerd.gif

03 Explorer for me... Need new pics, just got it waxed and slapped a 12" Alpine Type X in the back...

Too much crap too name for my system inside....lets just say its LOUD!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Dope thread.

So I picked up my poopbox from the owner today. Now just waiting to get it plated, insured, etc. Car is pretty damn rusted, but the drivetrain is mint. 1991 240sx S13. My first car... Beater status. Paid $250 for it.

3733435257_8e05efa84d.jpg

3733434923_fe9a5e92a8.jpg

3733434619_612436bc93.jpg

Wish-list for the car...
  • Repair some of the rust
  • Coilovers
  • Sway/strut bars
  • Some cheap agressive offset wheels. (probably MB Battles)
  • New battery
  • replace the gas lines cause one of them is leaking
How can I learn to be able to spot a "mint" drive train? I'm bargain hunting for a new whip too but I don't know how to spotthose diamonds in the rough. Tips?

Back
Top Bottom