Official B l u - r a y thread - Confirmed: Lucasfilm preparing Star Wars box

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by Aztec

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I think it sucks that everyone is buying The Sarah Connor Chronicles and the show still got cancelled.

That was the only show I TV I really watched. I DVR'd and watched it every week.

word
fa035bbaef589099a80a2860ea8683f7776ba75.gif
When I saw the season finale I was
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Then I heard it was going to be canceled
mad.gif
frown.gif
it really was a great series, and I was a HUGE fan
pimp.gif
Will continue to be one of my favorite shows although it was ended.I really hope another network tries to pick it up[sci-fi?]. My dude Brian Austin Green was great in that series btw
smokin.gif

I still haven't opened my TSCC blu-ray yet though, gonna wait till i have a totally open few days and just chill out and watch
smile.gif
I can't believe how many Sarah Connor fans there are on NT. I feel like I was the only one watching it. Seconded on the point about thefinale.....that was one of the greatest episodes of any show ever. No joke, I must have watched the one where Cameron thinks she's Allison from Palmdaleand that season finale no less than 5x each. The show definitely had its downs, but for the most part, it was awesome.

The chick that played Catherine Weaver killed it. She was so good.

^ As soon as I saw Derrick Reese get killed off, I was thinking how could they do Brian Austin Green so dirty, then I saw the end of the season finale and Iwas
eek.gif
x1000.

One of the my favorite cliffhangers ever, I was awaiting to finally see Summer Glau get some shine with that new character. Then it gets cancelled smh.

Man, imagine how Season 3 would have been
eek.gif
So many possibilities there ifthey'd continued it. Fox is notorious for killing off great shows though
tired.gif

I remember when John first/finally met Jessie, that episode was so epic. then Derek confronts her in the parking lot and pulls the gun on her
pimp.gif
That whole 2nd half of that episode was so dope

At first I didn't like Shirley Manson's character, but then toward the end she really grew on me. She was great in that role
Yeah, there was a string of a few episodes that were kinda random/bland, but overall the show was great to me

Man, now I'm getting mad again that they cancelled it
laugh.gif

One of my favorite episodes of the first half of the 2nd season was the one where they finally killed Cromartie in that Mexican church, and also the Militaryschool one
smokin.gif
I wasn't a big fan of the Sarah 'psychological'episodes though

[font=Verdana, Arial]Starting on November 10, Barnes and Noble will be running their 50% off Criterion promotion for 2 weeks, according tomultiple B&N employees.

Sale will occur online and in-store, but you can get them cheaper in-store than you can online if you are a B&N member. Here's how:

The list price for most Criterion DVD's and Blu-Rays is $40
The 50% off sale drops them to $20
Your 10% membership discount drops them to $18
And finally, this $5 coupon drops them to $13:

16lzsk9.gif

[/font]

question: do blu ray players play regular dvds? same goes for the ps3? been thinking of picking up one or the other, been using my xbox's hd dvd player towatch my collection of dvds.

Originally Posted by doosta45

question: do blu ray players play regular dvds? same goes for the ps3? been thinking of picking up one or the other, been using my xbox's hd dvd player to watch my collection of dvds.
Yes and they'll up-convert your dvd's.

IMG%5D

IMG%5D
IMG%5D

i have a few more scattered about and with friends. I have found myself buying more DVDs recently because they are just more convenient, and some of myfavorites are not on blu. My DVD collection is a lot more attractive although i do have some gems on blu.

I'd be all over a lot of these (esp. Criterion) if I didnt' already own then.

Here ya go:

SALE

Wings ofDesire (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Howards End(The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Gomorrah(Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (37% OFF!)
Kagemusha-Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
The SeventhSeal (Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
A ChristmasTale (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (32% OFF!)
Wages ofFear [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Che(Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (32% OFF!)
8 1/2(Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (32% OFF!)
Playtime-Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
For AllMankind- Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
In the Realmof the Senses [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
ChungkingExpress [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Last Year atMarienbad [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Repulsion-Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Paris, Texas(Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (32% OFF!)
BottleRocket: The Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
The RollingStones: Gimme Shelter (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (32% OFF!)
The CompleteMonterey Pop Festival - Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
The LastEmperor [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Pierrot LeFou - Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
The LastMetro [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)

The 400Blows [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
The Man WhoFell to Earth [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
MonsoonWedding (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
El Norte(Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Dr.Strangelove [Blu-ray] (44% OFF!)
Jimi PlaysMonterey & Shake! Otis At Monterey- Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
2001: ASpace Odyssey [Blu-ray] (67% OFF!)
North byNorthwest (50th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray Book) [Blu-ray] (43% OFF!)
The CuriousCase of Benjamin Button [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
Gone withthe Wind (70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (67% OFF!)
MontereyPop- Criterion Collection [Blu-ray] (50% OFF!)
The Wizardof Oz (70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (49% OFF!)
Casablanca(Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] (40% OFF!)

Requiem fora Dream (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] Price: $9.49 (53% OFF!)
Star Trek:The Original Series - Season 1 [Blu-ray] Price: $57.99 (55% OFF!)
DonnieDarko [Blu-ray] (2001) Price: $10.49 (65% OFF!)
TheSearchers [Blu-ray] (1956) Price: $7.99 (53% OFF!)
Wall-E(Two-Disc and BD Live) [Blu-ray] Price: $17.99 (50% OFF!)
Coraline(Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy w/ 3D) [Blu-ray] Price: $14.99 (63% OFF!)
A ClockworkOrange [Blu-ray] (1971) Price: $9.99 (66% OFF!)
An AmericanWerewolf in London (Full Moon Edition) [Blu-ray] Price: $15.99 (41% OFF!)
TheReader [Blu-ray] Price: $11.99 (60% OFF!)
Baraka[Blu-ray] Price: $14.99 (57% OFF!)
Drag Me toHell (Unrated Director's Cut) [Blu-ray] Price: $14.99 (63% OFF!)
Army ofDarkness (Screwhead Edition) [Blu-ray] Price: $15.99 (47% OFF!)
Fargo[Blu-ray] Price: $12.49 (58% OFF!)
The Wizardof Oz (70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] Price: $42.99 (49%)
Snow Whiteand the Seven Dwarfs (DVD/Two-Disc Blu-ray) [Blu-ray] Price: $19.99 (50%)
Children ofMen [Blu-ray] Price: $13.99 (53%)
BramStoker's Dracula [Blu-ray] Price: $11.99 (40%)
SunshineCleaning [Blu-ray] Price: $9.99 (75% OFF!)
TheAviator [Blu-ray] Price: $9.99 (66% OFF!)
Full MetalJacket (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray] Price: $10.99 (62% OFF!)

StarTrek (Three-Disc +Digital Copy) [Blu-ray Price: $19.99 (50% OFF!)
Up(4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) [Blu-ray] Price: $19.99 (57% OFF!)
The DarkKnight (+ BD Live) [Blu-ray] Price: $16.99 (53% OFF!)
Monsters,Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray Price: $21.49 (48% OFF!)
Planet Earth- The Complete BBC Series [Blu-ray] Price: $40.99 (59% OFF!)
Transformers(Two-Disc Special Edition + BD Live) [Blu-ray] Price: $18.99 (53% OFF!)
BatmanBegins [Blu-ray] Price: $11.49 (60% OFF!)
Band ofBrothers [Blu-ray] Price: $50.99 (49% OFF!)
Snow Whiteand the Seven Dwarfs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray] Price: $19.99 (50% OFF!)
TheGodfather - The Coppola Restoration Giftset (The Godfather / The Godfather Part II / The Godfather Part III) [Blu-ray] Price:$49.99 (60% OFF!)
FightClub [Blu-ray] Price: $15.99 (54% OFF!)
ThePrisoner: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] Price: $50.49 (49% OFF!)
Pinocchio(Two-Disc 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition + Standard DVD+ BD Live) [Blu-ray] Price: $18.99 (47% OFF!)
A ChristmasCarol [Blu-ray] Price: $16.99 (43% OFF!)
The Silenceof the Lambs [Blu-ray] Price: $8.99 (70% OFF!)

laugh.gif
It seems like every time I make a Blu Ray purchase, this thread gets bumped right before that.

Added Quantum of Solace for $14.99 and Star Trek.

I might be going in this holiday season as there's nothing else I really want. Except of course a 65" Panny I fell in love with last night at BestBuy.

Amazon.com has the Up 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack along with Monsters, Inc. and Cars on Blu-ray for $56.97. (Be sure to add all three to your cart!)

Coupon code "PIXARBLU" cuts the total for all three Blue-Ray movies to $30.97 with free shipping!

The Up 4-disc combo pack includes: Two Blu-Ray discs plus a DVD plus a digital copy of the movie. Deal ends November 30.

Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

laugh.gif
It seems like every time I make a Blu Ray purchase, this thread gets bumped right before that.

I might be going in this holiday season as there's nothing else I really want. Except of course a 65" Panny I fell in love with last night at Best Buy.
If you haven't opened up QoS yet, you should return it. Amazon currently has is it for $9.99.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

I heard gladiators looks HORRIBLE on blu is it true?

That;s what all the A/V geeks have been saying since the beginning.
really tempted to buy and see.
just picked up There Will Be Blood for $9.99. awesome movie at a great price...

-J-

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

laugh.gif

I might be going in this holiday season as there's nothing else I really want. Except of course a 65" Panny I fell in love with last night at Best
Buy.
If you haven't opened up QoS yet, you should return it. Amazon currently has is it for $9.99.
I watched it last night
frown.gif
Impulse buy FTL, I was only going for Star Trek.

bunch of blu-rays just got marked down...

2 that stood out- gladiator and braveheart at $10 each.
getting both...
even tho gladiator didn't get the best transfer the consensus is that it's still an upgrade over DVD and at $10 it can't be beat.

still shopping around though- thinkin bout true blood season 1... has it been cheaper?

i spent about 80 bucks on 7 blu rays on black friday i got

Reservoir Dogs
American Psycho
Ghostbusters
Matrix 10th Anniversary (blu ray book)
2001: A Space Odyssey
Fight Club
Amadeus (blu ray book, personal fav)

just arrived today and very happy. Reservoir Dogs, American Psycho and 2001 were 7.99 each. Matrix was 10 bucks and I see its more than 20 bucks today onAmazon

School me on Blu-ray guys, I still don't own a player. How do the older movies transfer over? I have only seen newer films in Blu-ray, which lookedamazing. I always wonder how you take an older movie like the God Father and have it come out looking as good as the latest Star Trek.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

School me on Blu-ray guys, I still don't own a player. How do the older movies transfer over? I have only seen newer films in Blu-ray, which looked amazing. I always wonder how you take an older movie like the God Father and have it come out looking as good as the latest Star Trek.

Godfather will not look good as the recent film, it's just the source. The closest one of the three that looks as good as new titles would be GodfatherIII. I love those films though, they look quite good for their age but if youre a grain hater, you're definitely going to hate them especially part 2.Blade Runner looks damn good for a 20+ year old movie and I heard 2001: Space Odyssey looks really good and that was from the 60's, if I'm notmistaken. Get the CGI heavy films though, you won't be disappointed, especially from Pixar, with the exception of Kung Fu Panda from Dreamworks, that looksand sounds damn good.

Terminator Salvation: Director's Cut is out today.

Although I hear they will be releasing a Skynet Edition next year, which is an extra 30 - 40 minutes longer. Also rumored to have the ending where Connor diesand they put his skin on Marcus.

Black Friday pickups

Wedding Crashers
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Coraline
Live Free or Die Hard
Goodfellas
Fast and Furious

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Amazon.com has the Up 4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack along with Monsters, Inc. and Cars on Blu-ray for $56.97. (Be sure to add all three to your cart!)

Coupon code "PIXARBLU" cuts the total for all three Blue-Ray movies to $30.97 with free shipping!

The Up 4-disc combo pack includes: Two Blu-Ray discs plus a DVD plus a digital copy of the movie. Deal ends November 30.

Enjoy!

You must have missed the target deals from a week or so back. I got both up and monsters inc, both 4 discs, for $13 total
roll.gif

Originally Posted by salbah3

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

Enjoy!
You must have missed the target deals from a week or so back. I got both up and monsters inc, both 4 discs, for $13 total
roll.gif

Same here
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom