Official Best album of the year (2016 edition)

RTJ3 and New Kid Cudi...late dark horses for lists.

Only been through RTJ3 once and its hard. Cudi is a fantastic album as well can't stop playing that right now

Waits on something something about washed Westside Gunn & Conway :lol:

They better than Lucci bum *** thats for sure lol. You the only one with the poms poms out for Lucci lol. At least others on NT rocking with Gunn & Conway

But seriously is trap the only thing some of yall listen to? Cuz that was def some random datpiff list

They better than Lucci bum *** thats for sure lol. You the only one with the poms poms out for Lucci lol. At least others on NT rocking with Gunn & Conway

But seriously is trap the only thing some of yall listen to? Cuz that was def some random datpiff list

Personally, I listen to all types of ****. That list up there is more so what "the streets" or "my crowd" listen to. All of it isn't even Trap.

You got:

Fab
Meek
Lucci
Future
Kodak
Durk
Uzi

All those dudes have a different sound. From different regions and dropped welll received/highly consumed Mixtapes in 2016.

I don't think that's not arguable.

ec015829.jpg

i'ma check some of these projects out bcuz this is one of the most underwhelming years i could think of as far as albums go.

Only projects that got consistent play through the year were Kairi Chanel, Blankface, Evol & life of Pablo (still ain't listen to Cole or Solange). A lot of RnB dropped but honestly you gotta have a real FIRE classic type album for me to continuously listen throughout.

a lot of projects had great individual songs but couldn't do full joints. Big turn around from the year prior which had a lot of dope rap IMO

i'ma check some of these projects out bcuz this is one of the most underwhelming years i could think of as far as albums go.

Only projects that got consistent play through the year were Kairi Chanel, Blankface, Evol & life of Pablo (still ain't listen to Cole or Solange). A lot of RnB dropped but honestly you gotta have a real FIRE classic type album for me to continuously listen throughout.

a lot of projects had great individual songs but couldn't do full joints. Big turn around from the year prior which had a lot of dope rap IMO

Real talk.

To me....Mixtapes >>>> Albums now.

You'll find a lot of gems with some Mixtapes. Hell, the line has been blurred anyway.

Kairi Chanel was cool. Think it could've been put together a lil better.

Type of Time might be the Song of the year though. That **** is made for hood ***** 26 and up :lol: :pimp:.

All my homies, big dogs and ogs **** with it.

I mean I been rocking with tapes>albums for years now because the artist can cater to whatever fan base they want. Fab is the perfect example of this, Ross also.

I actually felt the opposite bout this year. The albums were better than the tapes to me

Favorite mixtape of the Carrollton Heist (Curren$y & Alchemist) is one of the best projects of the yr tho

2016 music wise was pretty good. It was 2015 great but it was WAY better than 2014 which was HORRIBLE

Back
Top Bottom