OFFICIAL BEST MARVEL MOVIE THREAD

I actually enjoyed green lantern and it stuck to the source material despite the terrible graphics, I'm confused as to why I didn't see him on the avengers poster though. He's in it right?

lol jk
laugh.gif

the first punisher was dope and Ironman was well put together to the point where he's a major marvel icon now. Where i feel like people or at least general public saw him as a secondary superhero before. I'm glad because I loved the show as a kid, he was always the number one superhero to me.

Spider-Man 2 and Iron Man. These two have exceptional durations.

Honorable mentions to the Blade trilogy, X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk, and The Punisher. Going back from 2000 none of the Marvel films have been amazingly great to me. I thought Thor was meh but maybe that's cuz I was never a big fan. I tend to look down on fictional GODs but I wasn't a big fan of Iron Man either and RDJ won me over despite Terrence Howard being in it.

Not a huge fan of Cap either but I'm reading crossovers and I'll approach the movie with an open mind.

Marvel's obvious worst movies (the ones I'm aware of) from least worst to THE worst would be X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and Elektra

I'm counting Punisher: War Zone as some comedy/extreme gore/parody combo so it's in a league of it's own.

Originally Posted by oidreez

i still havent watched iron-man 2. i dont see anyone mentioning it.

Iron Man is my favorite character and all but that movie sucks.

Also maybe its just me but the Spiderman movies sucked to me. All of them.

i would say marvel has still got quality to it, the reason i like marvel is because they seem to be more realistic and mature than dc but thats just my opinion as far as quality since the mid 90's marvel has been kickin +*% in the fields of video games, cartoons, home video, tv show, and movies, dc did some good work too thanks to bruce tim's animation shows but on the movie scale we got this on lock at the moment and no one can disagree all dc fans can say is dark knight dark knight! but 10 to 15 years later when we are talkin about the big movie events of this time everyones gonna be like yo remember when all the marvel movies had a stinger at the end of the credits and then it al lead to that big +*% avengers movie it was the first of its time.

so enough with tryin to compare dc, your still not the best.

I would say that Iron Man kinda did up the ante for Marvel flicks for me.

XMen trilogy was ok for the most part and of course the special effects were flashy...and Spiderman pretty much was a great flick. Something about Iron Man I can watch and not get tired of it. RDJr's charisma and spot on acting really sold the flick for me.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No Hulk film for 2012 or 2013................. [/color]
mad.gif
30t6p3b.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1. Iron Man[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]2. Thor[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]3. Captain America[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]4. The Incredible Hulk [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]5. X-Men first class[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](as there has been a long history, these have just been better then their predecessors.)[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and Marvel has a lot of films, but marvel doesn't have Greatness like DC has. I love both equally and am not biased in any means. When you look at the body of work, DC has better films. With that said with the last 3 of Cap, Thor, and First Class... how Iron Man is panning out, it's looking to be amazing with Avengers, IM3, Thor 2 and Amazing Spider Man coming out. Looking forward to it, and am very hopeful there will be a Marvel War... great films could be Epic. [/color]
devil.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color]

Originally Posted by bobmakihara

i would say marvel has still got quality to it, the reason i like marvel is because they seem to be more realistic and mature than dc but thats just my opinion as far as quality since the mid 90's marvel has been kickin +*% in the fields of video games, cartoons, home video, tv show, and movies, dc did some good work too thanks to bruce tim's animation shows but on the movie scale we got this on lock at the moment and no one can disagree all dc fans can say is dark knight dark knight! but 10 to 15 years later when we are talkin about the big movie events of this time everyones gonna be like yo remember when all the marvel movies had a stinger at the end of the credits and then it al lead to that big +*% avengers movie it was the first of its time.

qft and to add, i think DC still got a lot more growing to do as far as transitioning the comics to big screen. they obviously meant well with super-man returns and green lantern but it just didnt come out too well like dark knight did, i believe they still have potential as far as movie comes and in the next years maybe the superman reboot could awe us along with other DC movies. in the meantime marvel is doing it right now with the marvel anime, avengers, thor, iron man, and etc. im not even gonna lie im even excited for the spider-man reboot. 

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

i actually enjoyed thor more than i thought i would. i never followed thor but i felt it was pretty well put together as a movie. the actors casted as loki and thor was pretty convincing they were good choices. i feel that lately marvels been on point with their movies rather than ones like ghostrider or daredevil.

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

Yall aint like blade 2
both go hard

Cant wait til they make blade 3
pimp.gif

huh?
laugh.gif

anyways my top 5 right now would be:

1. Blade
2. The Punisher
3. Thor
4. Blade 2
5. The Incredible Hulk. A damn shame ed norton no longer is bruce

if this thread was opened up for all comic book movies hellboy movies and batman movies would be up there...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

Yall aint like blade 2
both go hard

Cant wait til they make blade 3
pimp.gif

huh?
laugh.gif

anyways my top 5 right now would be:

1. Blade
2. The Punisher
3. Thor
4. Blade 2
5. The Incredible Hulk. A damn shame ed norton no longer is bruce

if this thread was opened up for all comic book movies hellboy movies and batman movies would be up there...

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]We don't agree on much.... but we very much see eye to eye here. damn shame.[/color]

oh and my guilty pleasure gotta be punisher warzone. that exploding head gets me everytime
laugh.gif

Howard The Duck worst marvel movie by a longshot
laugh.gif
teen wolf 3........errrrr i mean spiderman 3 is a distant second...

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by bobmakihara

qft and to add, i think DC still got a lot more growing to do as far as transitioning the comics to big screen. they obviously meant well with super-man returns and green lantern but it just didnt come out too well like dark knight did, i believe they still have potential as far as movie comes and in the next years maybe the superman reboot could awe us along with other DC movies. in the meantime marvel is doing it right now with the marvel anime, avengers, thor, iron man, and etc. im not even gonna lie im even excited for the spider-man reboot. 

Marvel is doing well right now but before all these Avengers mess, there the Hulk, the Punisher, Elektra, Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, etc... Marvel has way more horrific movies than DC and that is because they %*%%% out their films to make as much money as possible.
DC has the best Comic book film and their list of good films are solid. They just do not have as much films as Marvel to compete with. Saying that "if asked what best DC movies there are, they would say Batman" will get you a "well... duh!" answer. There are 6 Batman film and a 7th one coming out next year, there was a decade there where they only made Batman films. It's been listed but TDK is the best out there right now and all of Nolans are/will be great. Superman & Superman 2 were great, Tim Burtons Batmans were great. Watchmen was good, V for Vendetta, etc... The bad films for DC is Catwoman, TLEG, Spirit, Steel, Jonah Hex and GL (although I'd put this borderline). Since the first Batman film by Tim Burton, there has been 22 films from DC and 6 bad films. 6 out of 22 aren't bad. And some of those have been great outside of the typical DC Universe like Road to Perdition and V for Vendetta. 

As for Marvel, out of the 32 films (including the Men in Black series) they've released since the 1989 Punisher film, 10 has sucked (and some has sucked really bad). Also keep in mind that the 1990 Capt. America and 1994 Fantastic Four films were so bad that it didn't even release in the theaters. Marvel has done 10 more films and doubles the horrible films. I'm not saying DC doesn't have their bad films, the Spirit and Catwoman were horrible and Steel sucked but I got to admit, it was a bit entertaining maybe because I was laughing more at Shaq than anything. 

If you do not include the imprints and just the main DC and Marvel films, since 1989, DC has only done 13 films, 6 of those being Batman films and Marvel has done 28 films and that still includes the abortion I've mentioned above ( FF4, Ghost Rider, Elektra, Daredevil, etc...) while for DC, you'd have to remove The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Spirit from their list of horrible films. 

But I digress, my top 3 Marvel films (all others fall pretty much on the same level) are as follows:

1. SpiderMan 2

2. Iron Man

3. SpiderMan 

Honestly i know everyone has their own opinions, but every X-Men Movie was absolutely terrible. (with the exception of First Class)
X-Men, X-2, and especially X-3 Last Stand probably the worst Marvel movie i have ever seen next to the Hulk, Daredevil, and Electra. 

The Incredible Hulk is probably my favorite, probably because my expectations were so low after seeing the original.

Back
Top Bottom