Official BIG EAST Tournament Thread - Finals. PITT vs GEORGETOWN 9pm ESPN

man our road just got a hell of a lot easier...

good to see louisville get knocked out

PITT is getting it done, both game.s havent been that pretty of wins, but a wins a win. Hopefully we can get by Marquette tommorow, I hate how we matchupagainst them though

I really think Pitt will take this tourney...Imagine if Cook would of never gotten hurt...this team would be
pimp.gif

^Good point about Cook....

I dont know if we can win it...I am not that confident but I feel very confident against Marquette tomorrow. After how they beat us last time @ Marquette; Iexpect us to play some inspired ball.

^^If Fields and Blair play like they can..Pitt should win

Ive become a fan of Pitt this year...especially DeJuan Blair...I love how he plays..

I hope Pitt can win tommorow and hopefully Saturday and help their seed in the NCAA Tourney

Just my take.,..

When things are going well....Gilbert Brown is a better fit for this team than Mike Cook was become of his athleticism.

"Everyone else calls it lucky," Ewing said. "We're a good team. We're a good team. We do a lot of things that maybe people don'tunderstand how good we are. We do things as a team. If see a good shot, and I see someone with a better shot, I want to give it up. I want to give upa good shot for a great shot. Coach talks about that a lot."

"We're overlooked a lot," Sapp said. "They question our wins, they question our ability, they question our guard play. They questioneverything. I think we answer a lot of questions, but they still seem to find more questions."

"Jon and I love to hear people doubt us," Sapp said. "We hear it from the media and even other coaches. ... They question ourwins. They question our ability. They question our guard play. I try not to listen, but it keeps coming up over and over again. You try to walk away, but yourear just tends to hear it. It motivates me, and it motivates our team. We just play for the love of the game. They can keep the recognition; we're onlyinterested in collecting titles."

"It's what we're used to," Ewing said. "I never heard of a 'lucky' team winning a conference. We won when we're supposed to.But ya'll still say we got something to prove."

"We want to make a statement for therest of the year," said Summers, who had 19 points and three steals. "We won the Big East for the second year in a row, and people are still sayingthat we're not the best team in the Big East. That's kind of crazy to me, as a player. With people questioning that, we have to play with a chip on ourshoulder."

"I guess everybody hates a winner," said sophomore forward DaJuan Summers, who scored 19 points. "That's Hoya paranoia.We'll just keep playing and trying to shut up the naysayers."

"Yeah, those Hoyas got lucky again," John ThompsonJr. said after his son's team handed the Wildcats their most lopsided Big East defeat of the season. "Just keep running [Georgetown] down. Just keeptelling them they can't play."

After the game, Big John Thompson, the father ofGeorgetown's head coach, leaned against a wall in a back hallway just outside the Hoyas' locker room, and gleefully teased the players as they walkedpast him. "We were lucky," he boomed. "We were lucky."

pimp.gif

I LOVE IT
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by petey yup

You ain't gonna love it when you don't get outta the sweet 16

hahah this guy again? let us know how the NIT turns out for y'all...pipe down, junior

Some observations from today...

Joe Alexander is Michael Jordan.

Pitt is the favorite to win the tournament.

Alexander has really gone into beast mode lately . did you see him make Summers fall ? he looks like hes toying with people outthere

Back
Top Bottom