OFFICIAL Big XII Basketball Thread Vol. Where you at?

ALRIGHT GUYS......I'm excited for the season, so lets get it in! 2008-09 BIG 12 PRESEASON POLL

Team (First Place Votes) Points
1. Oklahoma (3) 109
2. Texas (4) 107
3. Baylor (2) 103
4. Kansas (3)103
5. Texas A&M 79
6. Oklahoma State 69
7. Missouri 51
8. Kansas State 50
9. Nebraska 49
10. Texas Tech 39
11. Iowa State 20
12. Colorado 13

KEY QUESTIONS
Will Blake Griffin Carry Oklahoma deep into the tourney?
Will AJ Abrams replace DJ?
Will Baylor scare people?
Will Kansas' key be Cole Aldrich?

Preseason Player of the Year
Blake Griffin, Oklahoma, F, 6-10, 251, So., Oklahoma City, Okla./Oklahoma Christian School**

Preseason Newcomer of the Year
Mario Little, Kansas, G, 6-5, 210, Jr., Chicago, Ill./Washington/Chipola CC [Fla.]

Preseason Freshman of the Year
Willie Warren, Oklahoma, G, 6-4, 207, Fr., Fort Worth, Texas/North Crowley**

2008-09 Preseason All-Big 12 Team

Name, School Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown/Previous School(s)
Curtis Jerrells, Baylor G 6-1 208 Sr. Austin, Texas/Del Valle
Sherron Collins, Kansas G 5-11 200 Jr. Chicago, Ill./Crane
Blake Griffin, Oklahoma** F 6-10 251 So. Oklahoma City, Okla./Oklahoma Christian School
A.J. Abrams, Texas G 5-11 161 Sr. Round Rock, Texas/McNeil
Damion James, Texas F/G 6-7 222 Jr. Nacogdoches, Texas/Nacogdoches

OU.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

OU.
pimp.gif
TEXAS
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Baylor looked good earlier. Waiting for the Horns game to start. I'll probably be splitting time between that, UNC/UK and OU/Davidson.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

7. Missouri 51

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Really? I'll take it though.

Should be a scrap at the top of the mountain in the Big XII this season. I can see OU, KU, Texas and maybe Baylor there.

Originally Posted by JCH3

7. Missouri 51

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Should be a scrap at the top of the mountain in the Big XII this season. I can see OU, KU, Texas and maybe Baylor there.
Is Keith Ramsey gonna get some tick for you all? Went to my rival high school.

Originally Posted by D723

7. Missouri 51

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anderson was originally recruiting him from his UAB days so he is obviously one of the coach's favorites. He should definitely see somesignificant PT, especially if his shooting is right. Did you play against him?

From a thread I got going with a bunch of my friends/Mizzou fans:

Excited about Mizzou? If we get through the year without an arrest or shooting, I'll be content enough.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

If Sherron can stay healthy dude will be one of the best guards in the NATION. As far as this team goes, I think early on they will go through a lot of growingpains especially if Aldrich gets in foul trouble. But, this team will be SICK in a couple years especially if we can add Cheek or Wall to the class we alreadyhave.

Far as the Big 12 goes, I really like OU. Obviously Griffin is a great player but Warren is gonna be a beast. Only question about that team is can Nate Johnsonrun the point. . .

Originally Posted by D723

7. Missouri 51

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Anderson was originally recruiting him from his UAB days so he is obviously one of the coach's favorites. He should definitely see some significant PT, especially if his shooting is right. Did you play against him?
Nah, one of my best friends who now plays for Indiana St. was his point guard. My boy said he was the best teammate he ever had. I remember whenI was a freshman and he was a junior he was getting letters from everyone, dude just couldn't take the ACT to save his life ...
smh.gif

that Tinsley team wasnt to bad..... Fizer too?

Oh don't get me wrong, those were good teams that only come around so often for us. It is just frustrating to watch our basketball team barely beat badmid-majors at home and go a couple seasons without winning on the road. I hope Brackins can lead us to a finish in the middle of the conference.

I'm all about Texas as you know but I wanna say
pimp.gif
to a former school mate of mine.

Curtis Jerrells, Baylor G 6-1 208 Sr. Austin, Texas/Del Valle

I hope for all the best for Baylor this year, until they face us of course
laugh.gif

HOOK 'EM!

If Sherron can stay healthy dude will be one of the best guards in the NATION. As far as this team goes, I think early on they will go through a lot of growing pains especially if Aldrich gets in foul trouble. But, this team will be SICK in a couple years especially if we can add Cheek or Wall to the class we already have.
dude is a tank. sherron being able to temporarily stifle rose's scoring run is what won us that title game.

aldridge has the look of a dude who could absolutely own the paint given the proper training, work, and progression.

if wall really ends up at baylor
smh.gif
instead of in lawrence.

wall, robinson and johnson would have them as a lock for top recruiting class.

From a thread I got going with a bunch of my friends/Mizzou fans:

Excited about Mizzou? If we get through the year without an arrest or shooting, I'll be content enough.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

grin.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

....Better not let them dudes anywhere near the Athena nightclub then...
grin.gif

No threadjack here, but I figured I'd get some decent responses - Is anybody attending (or planning to attend) the Big XII Championship game in Kansas Cityon 12/6? I NEED some tickets!

Originally Posted by IX Is Tha Future

7. Missouri 51
i hope we are solid this year. i hope they can do something for mizzou athletics after the football team let me down.
embarassed.gif
I am cautiously optimistic, like every year.

Hey, at least Joe Lunardi (Bracketology) has us in the NCAA Tourney...facing ku
laugh.gif

Although my team isn't in the BIG XII.. I just thought I'd like to comment on a fellow Texan..
Willie Warren is SICK! Now I saw the high school State champ game against Dulles.. And it just looked all too easy.. But.. dude is quick.. Still can shoot..
I want to see him against Sherron Collins.. Must watch game for me..

Originally Posted by MJSretrostyle

Watch out for Nick Okorie of Texas Tech. Dude can ball.
I see your boy came to play earlier tonight...

And did y'all really have to do that? 167 points is just OD
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom