Official Billions Thread: Season 7 (Final Season), Episode 9 (10/6/23) - Game Theory Optimal

We definitely haven’t seen the last of Connerty. It will be interesting to see how he ****s Chuck over and what his next job is.

Lara is a c-word. Wendy needed to show her the hands. I feel bad for Gordy having to live with her.

Axe vs. Taylor will be interesting.

Wendy and Chuck dun goofed. The Kingmaker and Chuck Sr. are about to drop the hammer.

damn read about the ortolan from a couple eps back

that **** is horrific and eww at eating bones too, cutting up your mouth so you eating blood too

boo hoo wendy cancelled dales appt what a power play zzzzzzz

show getting real wack quickly

damn when chuck fired connerty tho no way you walk into the middle of the bullpen not knowing whats up and staying for that ****

jus glad that ice juice bs is over

mcphee simped and aint even say a word to wendy after like what?

axe staying later than taylor zzzzzz

hopefully they can pick it back up

those 2 security guys might be a problem if they know a lot or are they dead now?

Wouldnt eat it even if anyone offered me.
Its one of things rich people eat because its illegal and they can I guess

The two fixer guys aren't dead.

They were brought in only cuz Axe's original fixer dipped over the ice juice. He came back and Axe let those guys go.

I liked the two though. They may work for an ally or for Chuck in the future.

Last edited:
The typical TV trope would be the original fixer eventually slipping up because he was tusty from taking time away. Hope they don’t go down that rabbit hole

It took a while for me to seen it but Axe and Taylor is mirroring Chuck and Connerty.

Just not sure it ends the same way.

KD in this ep :lol:

John Malkovich as the Russian oligarch :pimp: Didn't know it'd be him.
The typical TV trope would be the original fixer eventually slipping up because he was tusty from taking time away. Hope they don’t go down that rabbit hole
Dude shaved and bounced back like he never left. Kinda scary that someone can be that good at their job.

Last edited:
Kate is so sneaky. She going to screw Chuck over.

I feel sone kind of a way about the writers conjuring up Freddie Gray imagery in order to make Chuck seem like the goid guy. It’s not working he’s still trash

Wendy needs ti be humbled sooner rather than later. This smug act like she’s superior to everyone has worn thin

Wendy is better than everyone else, though.(doesn't mean everyone else sucks, just inferior)
I love her smugness.

Can someone breakdown the meaning of the story of the drunken little boy that Malkovich gave at the end?
I feel like 80% of the wisdom Malkovich was spitting in this episode flew right over my head :frown:

that was one of the more exciting episodes of the series for me. malkovich took ruthless up 5 notches. the story he told at the end just punctuated how he completely lacks any regard for human life. the way he threw his hands up and grinned was chilling.

I think the point of the story about the little boy is that it doesn't matter what happened to him

His mom was a prostitute who used him to lure clientele

The soldiers must have raped/killed/arrested her leaving him w no mother

Or maybe he was the little boy and the him in the story was a man/criminal boss

Can someone breakdown the meaning of the story of the drunken little boy that Malkovich gave at the end?
I feel like 80% of the wisdom Malkovich was spitting in this episode flew right over my head :frown:

Two things to make note of:

1. He's talking about the USSR days. Notice that he makes reference to the "lean years."

2. At the end, he refers to the boy as being greedy.

When he initially saw the boy, he offered him a sip of his wine, that he stood in line for, because he thought he was poor and starving. But then he noticed the boy's mother and saw that she was plump (well fed) and that she must have known someone. Not sure how familiar you are with the history of the Soviet Union, but there was a lot of corruption during this time and many high ranking officials were feasting while the rest of the country starved. That is what he means by "know someone." At that point, he realizes that the boy was neither poor nor starving, but that he and his mother were actually just greedy. As retribution, he gives the boy the rest of his wine and takes his mother behind the soldiers and rapes her. And after he's done with her, he lets the soldiers have their way with her.

He ends the story by asking Axe if he knows what happened to the kid. And after Axe says "no," he says he "always asks, and no one knows." The entire story was a warning to Axe to not **** up. You can apply the entire story to his current dealings with Axe. Earlier in the episode he spoke to how he worked hard to get to where he is now. That would be the time he spent in line for the wine. Him finally making it financially would be him finally getting his cup of wine. And the greedy boy pretending to be poor and starving but secretly neither of those things would be Axe and his cap raise.

Remember, prior to signing, he tells Axe that he cannot lose his money or that there will be problems. If Axe ****s up, no one will know what happened to him in the same way that no one knows what happened to the little boy.

Almost forgot why I came in here. If you guys remember, Axe told about an oligarch "hunter." Well, late last week I watched this Vice video:

The hunting scene is at the 4:04.

Two things to make note of:

1. He's talking about the USSR days. Notice that he makes reference to the "lean years."

2. At the end, he refers to the boy as being greedy.

When he initially saw the boy, he offered him a sip of his wine, that he stood in line for, because he thought he was poor and starving. But then he noticed the boy's mother and saw that she was plump (well fed) and that she must have known someone. Not sure how familiar you are with the history of the Soviet Union, but there was a lot of corruption during this time and many high ranking officials were feasting while the rest of the country starved. That is what he means by "know someone." At that point, he realizes that the boy was neither poor nor starving, but that he and his mother were actually just greedy. As retribution, he gives the boy the rest of his wine and takes his mother behind the soldiers and rapes her. And after he's done with her, he lets the soldiers have their way with her.

He ends the story by asking Axe if he knows what happened to the kid. And after Axe says "no," he says he "always asks, and no one knows." The entire story was a warning to Axe to not **** up. You can apply the entire story to his current dealings with Axe. Earlier in the episode he spoke to how he worked hard to get to where he is now. That would be the time he spent in line for the wine. Him finally making it financially would be him finally getting his cup of wine. And the greedy boy pretending to be poor and starving but secretly neither of those things would be Axe and his cap raise.

Remember, prior to signing, he tells Axe that he cannot lose his money or that there will be problems. If Axe ****s up, no one will know what happened to him in the same way that no one knows what happened to the little boy.

This was 100x better than I could have ever hoped for a breakdown of a dialogue and I thank you sincerely for sharing all of that.
I had no idea about any of those USSR days and thanks to you I am on Wikipedia researching and learning more.

This makes the episode even better and now I want to watch it over again!
Thanks my man. :pimp:

^
How could you not know about those USSR years? Did you think it was a rich country or what?
Anywhooo I hated this episode since I dont care about Malkovich at all.

^
How could you not know about those USSR years? Did you think it was a rich country or what?
Anywhooo I hated this episode since I dont care about Malkovich at all.

Do you mean you don’t care for Malkovich’s character? Man, what :lol: He’s looking like he could be the first worthy adversary for Axe who will actually put paws on him

:rofl: :rofl: wtf is Ben doing. Too wild and unexpected. I thought he was gonna jist blurt out a pitch.

0] :sick: @ Grigor being the boy. Actually makes the story way more ****ed up.

Connerty is going to screw Chuck with no lube. It's going to be glorious.

Axe shou've told the Russian to kick rocks, playing games like that for fun

Axe and Rhodes are going to team up to take down the General and the Russian later on. Calling it now. They're both in bed with people more powerful than themselves.

Back
Top Bottom