Official Bitcoin Thread

We can be bitter about missing 46K or just DCA at 53K, it was just at 58K and we know where it’s going to be moving forward. Bottom line, you’re still eating for less today than the past couple of days...

I don't see the Bull Run ending anytime soon. Smart money just entered and expects a return on their investment.
We're just getting started but I expect to see dips like this every month.

I won't start to think of taking big profits until BTC is over 100K.

This is all market manipulation IMO. Wasn't there was a similar dip last month?
People long BTC and the whales and exchanges see it and drive down the price and boom, 1.5 Billion liquidated in 1 day.

Exchanges got paid. BTC can now go up. Rinse and repeat.

1614013600327.png

1614013102214.png

Margin traders have my respect man :lol:
My heart can't tolerate that kinda stress.

I'll just be on the sidelines trying to take advantage of the dips if possible.

What are your thoughts on Cardano? Debating between that and AMP
ADA is the only legitimate long-term project that I have seen to date in the entire crypto space. I have plenty of reasons for saying this but in short, its tech solves for many of the problems other cryptos experience, and its vision is grounded in regulation and abiding by the rules. That being said, regulators are still regulators and big banks are still big banks. I give it a 50/50 chance of surviving.

BTC is valuable by its nature and hype. Unless it changes its monetary policy, it will never truly solve the peer-to-peer money transactions problem at scale.

AMP should be the #1 crypto in all of the world and the fact that it isn't leads me to believe that the leadership is lacking a robust marketing arm or doesn't care. I like the leadership, I just don't know why they are taking so long to promote.

My current holdings are BTC, ETH, ADA, AMP, and VET. I hold the first three because I think if the space survives, they survive. I hold the last two to make me a multi-millionaire of they somehow catch hold.

Update on Russell Okung's NFL situation:
Former Seattle Seahawk Russell Okung paid in bitcoin, considered highest paid in the league now

Jonathan Warner
Mon, February 22, 2021, 12:53 PM

Former Seattle Seahawk Russell Okung paid in bitcoin, considered highest paid in the league now originally appeared on NBC Sports Northwest

Former Seattle Seahawk offensive lineman Russell Okung has been in the league for 11 years now.
And the veteran seems to be making all the right moves when it comes to his money.
Back in December, Okung decided that he wanted half of his $13 million contract for 2020 in Bitcoin -a cryptocurrency.

He got his wish when he asked to be paid in Bitcoin.

With the recent surge of Bitcoin continuing to rise in value week after week, it seems that Okung made the right decision at the exact right moment.

If we are looking at where Bitcoin is at now, Okung could be considered one of the highest salaried NGL players at this moment.

From Bitcoin.com:
“For instance, when BTC hit $44k, the half of his contract that is paid in BTC climbed to $10.59 million, at $56k+ his half turned into more than his entire quoted salary. As far as 2020 NFL salary stats are concerned, Okung has entered the top five position. However, the NFL has recently decided to cap the league’s salaries at $180 million and a ball player’s contract could change in 2021. Because the Carolina Panthers’ offensive tackle (OT) gets half of his salary in BTC, many proponents think of him as the highest-paid player in the NFL and not just ahead of the highest-paid OTs.”
One person went as far as to state that Okung is now the “highest-paid player in the NFL”. While a group of other people on Twitter made it known to the public that Okung made a smart move by putting some of his money in Bitcoin.

Okung has been a fan of wanting to be paid in Bitcoin for some time now, and that he is paying off for him in ways no one would have expected.

“Money is more than currency; it’s power,” said Okung in a statement. “The way money is handled from creation to dissemination is part of that power. Getting paid in bitcoin is the first step of opting out of the corrupt, manipulated economy we all inhabit.”
Okung went further into that statement adding:
When we are all paid in bitcoin, no one can tell us what to do with the value we create … In a post-fiat world, you won’t have to worry about your labor and time being stolen.

With this news hitting the airways now, you can expect other players to try and get a portion of their contracts paid in Bitcoin as well.
The 32-year-old Okung is the first NFL player to have a portion of his contract in Bitcoin.

Okung has always been a well-spoken intelligent individual who was questioned for wanting to represent himself, with contract talks, and then insisting on taking BTC for half a year's salary. Glad to see him win in this way and shut a ton of folks up...

^^You are very pessimistic :lol:
Now that I have actually invested significant time into the tech and the regulation, I have changed my views considerably.

BTC is s store of value that will only continue its rise if people continue to believe a simple scarcity equation creates some sort of value. It is technically unscalable and it offers no utility. It is a manufactured digital gold that needs a diamond-like marketing campaign and monopoly to retain its rule. I am not saying that you can't make money or that it is going to tank, just that it isn't the solution to p2p payments like Satoshi thought it to be because it cant scale.

ETH tech is actually terrible relative to the new entrants and if ETH 2.0 isn't delivered perfectly on April 1st, it will fade into oblivion.

ADA is the king of the future. But even that project is subject to political pressure and uncertainty.

Back
Top Bottom