Official Bitcoin Thread

How many of y’all are actually taking the interest with CEL or the native token?
Can’t earn in CEL in the USA but I would probably choose to earn stable coin interest in CEL if I could. I’m primarily using Anchor Protocol for parking stablecoins now though.

Last edited:
pMCwWnzOCRGv_K5BVuKKCxRDTi0mCZz4PvlqyVhfUpltnF4AqBDyiNn-kRrOez2lu-GO2lz72bWuFYHjRCIyBHmTTnPpOwYtfl4l3CDXO26j7xuTK4MXUWLiUJ7b0YSk7NGxN_2kRrWmN7Vp-e89l11v8P3rV5HUX3cocUVvOSTqHDZ3aaAiUV_y87XK=s0-d-e1-ft

"The Gemini Credit Card allows you to seamlessly dive into the magical world of crypto with your credit card purchases, earning up to 3% back in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies on the dollars you spend.

The Gemini Credit Card will be available in all 50 U.S. states and will be accepted wherever Mastercard is accepted."

pMCwWnzOCRGv_K5BVuKKCxRDTi0mCZz4PvlqyVhfUpltnF4AqBDyiNn-kRrOez2lu-GO2lz72bWuFYHjRCIyBHmTTnPpOwYtfl4l3CDXO26j7xuTK4MXUWLiUJ7b0YSk7NGxN_2kRrWmN7Vp-e89l11v8P3rV5HUX3cocUVvOSTqHDZ3aaAiUV_y87XK=s0-d-e1-ft

"The Gemini Credit Card allows you to seamlessly dive into the magical world of crypto with your credit card purchases, earning up to 3% back in bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies on the dollars you spend.

The Gemini Credit Card will be available in all 50 U.S. states and will be accepted wherever Mastercard is accepted."
I got that email and put myself on the waitlist

Seems like BlockFi keep lowing their rates a fully percentage point on a monthly basis these days.

Tier 1 rates for BTC and ETH down to 5% and 4.5% respectively.

This not the +6% I signed up for. >D

Just signed up last week too.

What a drag.

BlockFi just sent me an email asking me to tell my friends about them too...

Oh dont you worry BlockFi, I sure will :rolleyes

Just signed up for the waitlist for the Gemini card
I’m in the 100k on the BlockFi one so I hope I can get either one soon

question about staking
Say if I put up my amp and it’s at .050 and I’m earning 5%
Then it goes up to .080, does it update to that price? Or are u at a fixed price ?
is that how it even works? I’m earning 5% per year, it’s 5% of the total value I have of that coin right ?

Just signed up for the waitlist for the Gemini card
I’m in the 100k on the BlockFi one so I hope I can get either one soon

question about staking
Say if I put up my amp and it’s at .050 and I’m earning 5%
Then it goes up to .080, does it update to that price? Or are u at a fixed price ?
is that how it even works? I’m earning 5% per year, it’s 5% of the total value I have of that coin right ?
Yeah your tokens will always reflect the current price. You're earning on the number of tokens you stake, not the dollar value of them. So if you're staking 1000 AMP tokens at 5% APR, you'll earn 50 more AMP in a year, regardless of what the price is doing.

I've been providing liquidity on Quickswap for like 2 months now. The QUICK that I farmed is just about enough to cover my impermanent loss :lol:. Still pretty lucrative though. I think I might get out soon but we'll see.

also disappointed to see blockfi lowering their rates at this speed but maybe that means its time to self custody more of your stack

I've been providing liquidity on Quickswap for like 2 months now. The QUICK that I farmed is just about enough to cover my impermanent loss :lol:. Still pretty lucrative though. I think I might get out soon but we'll see.

Yea quickswap is has taken off. I dunno how you calculate the impermanent loss going forwards but the price is going to go up it seems.

Polywhale looks like the first Polygon yield farming. Already at 100m TVL

It's basically looks like the Polygon version of Pancake bunny with auto compounding APY.

11m market cap from 8 million when I checked earlier as well so the token is still cheap for now and is a good buy if it does what Pancake Bunny did.

Interested to see where both go from here. I need to start

Like the idea of lending and earning some type of interest while holding long term.

But having 50k plus uninsured worry anyone? Any horror stories thus far?
Other people can do as they please but I’m not locking up that much money. I’d only lock up what I can afford to lose completely

Where is the interest $ coming from when you are "lending" it? Who is borrowing it and what do they do to earn their own $ using it?
that’s a good question and i have no idea. if it’s a bad idea, then i’ll move it all out of earning balance back to my trading balance but i don’t have much in there. i only started throwing money in there after i started selling off some shoes rather than spend it on something dumb. if i had 50k in there, it might be a different story.

Also after using Gemini it’s a better app than Coinbase. They’re coming out with a card and you can stake everything right there. No moving it to somewhere else.

it’s not insured though, your eth you stake on cb will be insured.

For clarity, I haven't done any real research into it. But when I saw 8%+ rates for a while it kind of made me wonder. Hopefully the rates aren't based on future crypto gains themselves?
I know less than most about crypto and have no idea how it's done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom