Official Bitcoin Thread

SHA-2 (Secure Hash Algorithm 2) is a set of cryptographic hash functions designed by the United States National Security Agency (NSA) and first published in 2001.[3][4] They are built using the Merkle–Damgård construction, from a one-way compression function itself built using the Davies–Meyer structure from a specialized block cipher.

The SHA-2 hash function is implemented in some widely used security applications and protocols, including TLS and SSL, PGP, SSH, S/MIME, and IPsec.

SHA-256 partakes in the process of authenticating Debian software packages[15] and in the DKIM message signing standard; SHA-512 is part of a system to authenticate archival video from the International Criminal Tribunal of the Rwandan genocide.[16] SHA-256 and SHA-512 are proposed for use in DNSSEC.[17] Unix and Linux vendors are moving to using 256- and 512-bit SHA-2 for secure password hashing.[18]

Several cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin use SHA-256 for verifying transactions and calculating proof of work[19] or proof of stake.[20] The rise of ASIC SHA-2 accelerator chips has led to the use of scrypt-based proof-of-work schemes.

SHA-1 and SHA-2 are the Secure Hash Algorithms required by law for use in certain U.S. Government applications, including use within other cryptographic algorithms and protocols, for the protection of sensitive unclassified information. FIPS PUB 180-1 also encouraged adoption and use of SHA-1 by private and commercial organizations. SHA-1 is being retired for most government uses; the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology says, "Federal agencies should stop using SHA-1 for...applications that require collision resistance as soon as practical, and must use the SHA-2 family of hash functions for these applications after 2010" (emphasis in original).[21] NIST's directive that U.S. government agencies must stop uses of SHA-1 after 2010[22] was hoped to accelerate migration away from SHA-1.

The SHA-2 functions were not quickly adopted initially, despite better security than SHA-1. Reasons might include lack of support for SHA-2 on systems running Windows XP SP2 or older[23] and a lack of perceived urgency since SHA-1 collisions had not yet been found. The Google Chrome team announced a plan to make their web browser gradually stop honoring SHA-1-dependent TLS certificates over a period from late 2014 and early 2015.[24][25][26] Similarly, Microsoft announced[27] that Internet Explorer and Edge would stop honoring public SHA-1-signed TLS certificates from February 2017. Mozilla disabled SHA-1 in early January 2016, but had to re-enable it temporarily via a Firefox update, after problems with web-based user interfaces of some router models and security appliances.[28]"

It's old internet protocol technology. We are in the great internet protocol race right now to see which ones will innovate how value is moved around and translated through the web or new web to be. There is a race to innovate, but best believe that they know everything about BTC analysis inside out.

Just goes to show they've always taken Bitcoin much more seriously from r longer than they want to admit and have been busy stacking and tracking while spreading fud. This could very well be leading up to some political grandoise Harvey Dent get all the bad guys at once move since it's all on one ledger and then be developed the tools for complete analysis.

Crypto development is alot further along than the public knows.

sure. But the big appeal was the sense of “untraceable and unreturnable” and now the government was able to trace and get it seized.

still don’t know the full details but I read it was held on an exchange. If into a wallet (ledger, etc) I wonder if the result would have been the same.

sure. But the big appeal was the sense of “untraceable and unreturnable” and now the government was able to trace and get it seized.

still don’t know the full details but I read it was held on an exchange. If into a wallet (ledger, etc) I wonder if the result would have been the same.

When was the appeal of Bitcoin ever that it was untraceable? Isn't the exact opposite the case?

I'm skeptical of any kind of way back machine but the FBI methods in this case are clear from those court documents.

They tracked down the wallet on a public blockchain explorer and it led them to a private key that was obviously physically accessible somewhere in Northern California because the feds got it now.

Sub 20k incoming?

NGL, something fishy about the feds being able to get that BTC. These hackers are smart enough to hack into a pipeline for random, but dumb enough to cash out via a public exchange?

Crazy how volatile this is. Always something random.

Willing to bet a vast majority are in the negatives.

It's clear but it's not clear.
My understanding is they didn’t go back in time, or have it undone, or delete it.

They got the wallet address on the public ledger, and seized it. That means only 2 ways: hackers had it on an exchange or government got the hackers private keys (hacked the hackers, blackmailed them, or seized from exchange are possible)

Some of these other tokens you are excited about investing in are protocols and protocol analysis tokens designed based off this use case. Bitcoin as a currency would require lots of market data to be publicly viable.

Crazy how volatile this is. Always something random.

everything been rallying from December-April months hundreds and thousands percent. Here’s some from the top 15 (coin market cap):
B84CB6FB-9271-4768-BF01-73D03D45D807.png

491D62A9-D858-4D9E-92C0-AECB2B9BCF4F.png
D71BB1E8-F73A-4F85-8BDC-34D2B3A2075A.png
3C418BF7-8593-4442-97BB-583487030D83.png

Attachments

• 7C385F91-5073-4E74-BC0D-DF79C4C13BA2.png
    7C385F91-5073-4E74-BC0D-DF79C4C13BA2.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 0
vast majority?! you think so? anyone that bought their bitcoin in 2020 or earlier should be way up still. i’ve only recently bought crypto and although most of my coins are down quite a bit, i put enough in polygon and ethereum to put me around even right now. only recent investors would be losing rn. despite the wild swings, i’m still excited. maybe too much hopium but whatever 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

People got washed out during the last run in 2017.

More people got back in during this bull run because of the easier access of apps now and fomo.

You would have to be very lucky to time it perfectly and get back in during the end of 2020 and start buying large chunks early 2021.

I actually think you'd still be down now if you bought BTC in Jan. ETH yea you'd be up. The Alt coins ehhh idk anyone that held actual bags prior to this bull run.

If you DCA’d like you’re supposed to for the past few years your alts can go to 0 and you’ll still be in the money thanks to btc.

possible shakeout and another leg lower could be in the books. Selling off on good news is bear market activity.

The real question is how the FBI got hold of their private key. These criminals must be dumb if they're not using a hardware wallet for large sums like that.
Also why did they not wash it with privacy coins like tornado cash.

Also Bitcoin and most blockchains have always been public ledgers so every wallet and transaction are traceable.
It's the privacy blockchains like Monero, Tornado etc. that the Governement are scared of. Those are the ones they actively try to ban from exchanges.

Speaking of tracking wallets, someone about to buy the dip.

This is still basically the accumulation phase of the wyckoff simulation. Either way I'm chilling, I can only windows shop at the moment but once the whales have bought what they need then it's on and up from here.

This could very well be leading up to some political grandoise Harvey Dent get all the bad guys at once move since it's all on one ledger and then be developed the tools for complete analysis.

op_trojan_shield-greenlight-social-media-results.jpg

The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Dutch National Police (Politie), and the Swedish Police Authority (Polisen), in cooperation with the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and 16 other countries have carried out with the support of Europol one of the largest and most sophisticated law enforcement operations to date in the fight against encrypted criminal activities.

Since 2019, the US Federal Bureau of Investigation, in close coordination with the Australian Federal Police, strategically developed and covertly operated an encrypted device company, called ANOM, which grew to service more than 12 000 encrypted devices to over 300 criminal syndicates operating in more than 100 countries, including Italian organised crime, outlaw motorcycle gangs, and international drug trafficking organisations.

The goal of the new platform was to target global organised crime, drug trafficking, and money laundering organisations, regardless of where they operated, and offer an encrypted device with features sought by the organised crime networks, such as remote wipe and duress passwords, to persuade criminal networks to pivot to the device.

The FBI and the 16 other countries of the international coalition, supported by Europol and in coordination with the US Drug Enforcement Administration, then exploited the intelligence from the 27 million messages obtained and reviewed them over 18 months while ANOM’s criminal users discussed their criminal activities.

This operation, known as OTF Greenlight/Trojan Shield, is one of the largest and most sophisticated law enforcement operations to date in the fight against encrypted criminal activities. A series of large-scale law enforcement actions were executed over the past days across 16 countries resulting in more than 700 house searches, more than 800 arrests and the seizure of over 8 tons of cocaine, 22 tons of cannabis and cannabis resin, 2 tons of synthetic drugs (amphetamine and methamphetamine), 6 tons of synthetic drugs precursors, 250 firearms, 55 luxury vehicles and over $48 million in various worldwide currencies and cryptocurrencies. Countless spin-off operations will be carried out in the weeks to come. Operation Trojan Shield/Greenlight will enable Europol to further enhance the intelligence picture on organised crime affecting the EU due to the quality of the information gathered. This enhanced intelligence picture will support the continued effort in identifying operating high-value criminal targets on a global scale.

Last edited:
Why does the government need a backdoor into anything when they own create and own the network. Their control is native to the network.

I dont understand. Trump who's not even in office anymore says bitcoin is a scam and the price drops. I dont understand why market dips when someone says something like that if people are suppose to be taking it seriously

Do we stake stocks seriously, and as we can plainly see they can be manipulated essentially the same way. The idea this is limited to Crtypo is losing perspective IMO.

Sure stocks can be manipulated too, but the volatility of crypto makes people lose way more much much faster. Unless there’s a straight up crash, I’m not going to lose 15% in AMZN or AAPL every other week the way I would in BTC and ETH.

Back
Top Bottom