Official Bitcoin Thread

i got in on my first IDO this morning. **** was oversold by about 30x (see below) and my contribution got heavily diluted but i still walked away with something. i figure at least i experiment and learn as i go. i shoulda dumped as soon as i got em. it was .30 and selling for almost 2.00 soon after. now it’s like .60 it’s really small money so imma just hold it until the rest of my allocation is dispersed 🤷🏻‍♂️

C5F71453-6620-4423-897A-CB03BD478A9F.jpeg

64B0322A-6E32-4FE7-8601-158CB657BACE.jpeg

Mark Cuban's Dallas Mavericks will give $100 in bitcoin to anyone who downloads the Voyager Digital app in the next 36 hours

Mark Cuban's Dallas Mavericks is giving away bitcoin to anyone who downloads the Voyager Digital mobile application in the next 36 hours.

Until October 30 at 11:59 p.m. CT, every person who downloads the app will get free bitcoin worth $100, according to a tweet by Bobby Karalla, digital content manager of the NBA team.

The perk comes as part of the basketball team's five-year partnership announced Wednesday with cryptocurrency platform Voyager Digital, the first such tie-up for both entities.

The deal includes the right to rename the Mavs Gaming Hub, which is the official gaming and event venue for the Mavs NBA 2K League team. A name has not been confirmed yet so far.

The platform teamed up with the Mavs due to its leadership role in the NBA as well Cuban's deep understanding of the digital-asset space, Voyager CEO and co-founder Steve Ehrlich said in a statement.

Cuban has been outspoken about his crypto beliefs, recently touting dogecoin as a fun investment and likening the crypto boom to the dot-com bubble.

Voyager Digital, founded in 2018, allows its over 2 million verified users to trade over 60 currencies. The platform joins the growing number of crypto firms looking to tap into the sports industry.

For example, Coinbase Global on October 19 inked a multiyear partnership with the NBA. FTX earlier this year signed a $135 million deal for the naming rights to the Miami Heat's stadium and partnered with Major League Baseball in June to become the first crypto exchange sponsor in professional sports.

Do me a favor, buy btc, eth, ohm, sol, luna, dot, rune, ar, axs, avax, time, DCA into big dips, stake them all (if they offer it), and check back in 5 years.

Stop looking to get rich quick, you're missing legit great opportunities and then harping over ****coins that will be worthless in 6 months.

You’re not big on MATIC?

Never thought this would be a headline

African-Americans Outpace Whites and Hispanics In Cryptocurrency Investments, Is a New Avenue to Black Wealth-Building Opening?

After years of being skeptical about bitcoin, Black Americans are leading the cryptocurrency revolution in 2021.

A recent Harris poll found that 23 percent of African-Americans own cryptocurrency, compared to 11 percent of white Americans and 17 percent for Hispanics.

Is their like a crypto for beginners? Don’t know where I should start, what coins to invest in , etc.

a particular YouTuber or anything to get the basics ?

Any links or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in afvance

Is their like a crypto for beginners? Don’t know where I should start, what coins to invest in , etc.

Basic starting point would be a small bag of:
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Solana

If you just put x amount of $ into these coins weekly, you’ll do fine.

Crypto world runs deep though. There’s so much information out there it’s hard to stay on track of everything. A day in crypto is like a month of regular life lol. Everything moves dumb fast. If you want to learn more past those 3 starting coins I would:
Start following people on Twitter.
Start reading this thread.
Watch YouTube videos to get you started.
Listen to crypto podcasts
Best way to learn is by actually using products to experience the use case. For example, I started to **** with Solana heavy after I started using it a lot. Sending crypto through Solana is stupid fast compared to other coins.

How much technical knowledge do you have ?

When you pop your 🍒 and swap tokens on a DEX or transfer from wallet to wallet after triple checking the wallet address for the first time. 😅😖 TXN fails due to knowing nothing about slippage % or praying for that transfer to go through and refreshing etherscan. Still remember how sweaty my palms were. 😂

When you pop your 🍒 and swap tokens on a DEX or transfer from wallet to wallet after triple checking the wallet address for the first time. 😅😖 TXN fails due to knowing nothing about slippage % or praying for that transfer to go through and refreshing etherscan. Still remember how sweaty my palms were. 😂
I still get nervous every time :lol:

I can imagine diving into crypto right now would be mad overwhelming.

I remember trying to understand defi protocols a couple years ago :lol:

But i find the easiest way to learn in crypto is to do.

When you have money in play you're going to be motivated to the learning in order to limit loses and increase gains.

Back
Top Bottom