Official Bitcoin Thread

posted this a few times before, but great calculator/tool for the newbs getting in and seeing how much $$$ can be made by DCA'ing in....

Here is an example of just putting $25 every 2wks (mimics a paycheck) and doing it just for the past 1yr:

2021-01-01 08_30_34-Dollar Cost Averaging Bitcoin - dcaBTC.png

They say cash is trash because of how rapidly it loses buying power due to inflation, infinite money printing, no supply limit, etc. Holding cash is a guaranteed loss over time. Digital dollar would have all the same issues, thus all it would be is a digital form of trash. The US govt, or any govt really, cannot put a hard supply limit or hard code a predetermined inflation rate like bitcoin has because they would not be able to sustain their economies.

Institutions are buying bitcoin specifically to hedge against this increasing devaluation of the dollar. They would not sell it to buy a digital version of the thing they are running away from.
I was looking at it as a currency position not an investment position.

That's not new though. Cash has always been trash as an investment itself, only used as a vehicle to invest in other **** whether stocks real estate or BTC. Unless you bring forex into the conversation.

I’m not even selling any at $200k, maybe a small percentage at $300k. I don’t see how we don’t blow past the S2F model average of $288k. People think these numbers sound crazy because they’ve been conditioned to compare it to a currency that is constantly inflating its supply. You cannot manipulate BTC supply. More dollars for the same amount of BTC = number go up 🚀

Exactly.

30k right now sounds high but in the long term it is nothing. We are still so early. The total market cap of bitcoin is still tiny, it's still smaller than some individual companies.

Bitcoin is a truly scarce asset. Millions of coins have already been lost forever. The available supply is drying up much faster than miners can produce, and most people are who are buying it are buying it for the long term. The amount still held on exchanges has been consistently plummeting as people withdraw to hardware wallets to HODL. This is all happening as demand keeps increasing, especially among bigger and bigger players who want to buy thousands of coins at a time.

I tried to explain to many people for years now that they should ignore the ups/downs in price and just consistently accumulate for the long term. Let it go up 300% in a year, let it drop 80% in a year, it doesn't matter. Just keep buying and holding. Many are finally starting to get it. Make your goals to own certain amounts of BTC over time. 1/100th, 1/10th, 1/2, 1, 10, 100, 1000 whatever it is.

DCA is the only way to participate in this asset class, currently.

The market is almost impossible to time. When Bitcoin runs up quickly it is impossible to trade correctly.

As the price goes up over time, the volatility will go down. Probably around 1-2 million per coin.

There will be a time when things are valued in BTC, not dollars. Maybe not in our lifetimes, who knows.

Governments aren't going to stop printing fiat, no politician wants the economy to fail on their watch and it is easier to erase past debt this way and prop up the stock market.

This could be a major transfer of wealth during our lifetimes.

I really like ETH at these price levels, once ALT season arrives the price is going to explode. Currently it is down almost 50% from ATH and was up almost 6x in 2020.

Exactly.

30k right now sounds high but in the long term it is nothing. We are still so early. The total market cap of bitcoin is still tiny, it's still smaller than some individual companies.

Bitcoin is a truly scarce asset. Millions of coins have already been lost forever. The available supply is drying up much faster than miners can produce, and most people are who are buying it are buying it for the long term. The amount still held on exchanges has been consistently plummeting as people withdraw to hardware wallets to HODL. This is all happening as demand keeps increasing, especially among bigger and bigger players who want to buy thousands of coins at a time.

I tried to explain to many people for years now that they should ignore the ups/downs in price and just consistently accumulate for the long term. Let it go up 300% in a year, let it drop 80% in a year, it doesn't matter. Just keep buying and holding. Many are finally starting to get it. Make your goals to own certain amounts of BTC over time. 1/100th, 1/10th, 1/2, 1, 10, 100, 1000 whatever it is.

My man gets it, IYKYK!

I feel like most beginners in this space have to go through some volatile swings, question themselves, then either exit or have enough discipline to hodl through noise. My advice to be part of the latter group is to continue researching, look very deeply at our govt’s monetary and fiscal policies and you’ll wonder why you ever held anything but BTC in the first place.

Fam you don’t need big money to bank off bitcoin. If you started buying $22 worth every week and started at the ath breakout, you’d have invested 176 and it’s worth 278 now. We’re still early the only thing you need to do is DCA. I think buying eth is smart and link honestly intrigues me but don’t neglect the OG because of price.

aight I just copped some btc.

What’s DCA? :lol:

What’s DCA? :lol:

posted this a few times before, but great calculator/tool for the newbs getting in and seeing how much $$$ can be made by DCA'ing in....

Here is an example of just putting $25 every 2wks (mimics a paycheck) and doing it just for the past 1yr:

2021-01-01 08_30_34-Dollar Cost Averaging Bitcoin - dcaBTC.png

$RUNE - they have a liquidity pool now (not yet released but you can use) called bepswap; it will be the first crosschain liquidity/swap decentralized exchange. check it out here:

You'll be able to swap or be a liquidity provider ETH:RUNE, BTC:RUNE, LTC:RUNE and so on....NATIVE COINS and not WRAPPED. Nobody is doing this.

If you peep and go back to my earlier post on this...I believe I told you guys that I got in at .07cents....it is currently at:

$RUNE just hit ATH, again. $1.35

Need some help fam.

I thought I took all of my profits from alt coins back in the 2017-2018 bubble. Decided not to mess with cc anymore. Anyway, I got curious and logged back into Binance (apparently not even supported in the US anymore) today and see I have ~ $400 of some AAVE coin (I guess it was LEND before which I did buy).

Now I have no idea how to withdraw this coin to my coinbase. I tried trading it for ETH or BTC on Binance and keep getting an error message. Any idea how I can get this out of my Binance?

Need some help fam.

I thought I took all of my profits from alt coins back in the 2017-2018 bubble. Decided not to mess with cc anymore. Anyway, I got curious and logged back into Binance (apparently not even supported in the US anymore) today and see I have ~ $400 of some AAVE coin (I guess it was LEND before which I did buy).

Now I have no idea how to withdraw this coin to my coinbase. I tried trading it for ETH or BTC on Binance and keep getting an error message. Any idea how I can get this out of my Binance?
If you have a ledger withdraw to it. Or set up a metamask wallet.

Back
Top Bottom