Official Bitcoin Thread

what about eth?

Straight up, a lot of folks in here have no perspective and are here just for a quick bag and will wind up doing this again.

if bitcoin goes up to 50k then down to 20k and up to 100k, are you gonna be mad that you didn’t sell from 50 down to 20? At the same time, if you bought the top for no real reason, then bagged for no real reason, and now that you’re at break even want to sell, you’re doing this wrong and straight up gambling. Have some perspective and a plan. Idgaf what bitcoin does. It can go back to 5k tomorrow. You know what I’ll do? Buy more. You shouldn’t be accumulating btc for today or tomorrow but 5-10 years from now. Alt coins, different story, trade them, have a stop or Max pain on them, and move on. Y’all need to approach crypto the way hedge fund managers approach stocks, not the way your boys bet 5 team parlays and lose every week on.

Straight up, a lot of folks in here have no perspective and are here just for a quick bag and will wind up doing this again.

if bitcoin goes up to 50k then down to 20k and up to 100k, are you gonna be mad that you didn’t sell from 50 down to 20? At the same time, if you bought the top for no real reason, then bagged for no real reason, and now that you’re at break even want to sell, you’re doing this wrong and straight up gambling. Have some perspective and a plan. Idgaf what bitcoin does. It can go back to 5k tomorrow. You know what I’ll do? Buy more. You shouldn’t be accumulating btc for today or tomorrow but 5-10 years from now. Alt coins, different story, trade them, have a stop or Max pain on them, and move on. Y’all need to approach crypto the way hedge fund managers approach stocks, not the way your boys bet 5 team parlays and lose every week on.

That’s pretty much my plan and why it ****ing burns to see BTCs power crush my SATS, I’m waiting for that Alt push that will get me the closest to the best value in SATS and moving my port to BTC strictly, even LTc and ETh feel like a gamble.

what about eth?
Imho, the same goes with ethereum. it is a long term hold.

Maybe I'm just a ****ty investor, but I will be blatantly honest and admit that I've lost a ****ton (upwards of 25k) of money off alt coins back in 2018. The altcoins that people thought were gonna be the next ethereum or p2p currencies that were faster than bitcoin like nano.

bitcoin and ethereum ONLY, and ESPECIALLY if you're new.

If I’ve taken any advise out of here it’s that. All I have it Bitcoin and eth and like 17 bucks on REN as my wild card.

Hey everyone, to think that just within this past year, you could've obtained One whole bitcoin (1BTC) for under $4k. Crazy.!

Seeing where we are now gots all the dormant HODLers coming out the woodworks. :lol:
Myself included.!

I've been extra dormant, since I had the unfortunate timing of buying most of my bags at ATHs :ohwell:

But just a couple questions for you seasoned vets.
1. When would you consider cold storage an absolute necessity.? Like most, all my crypto is currently chilling on CoinBase and Binance.

2. I hadn't logged into my Binance wallet in a while.. the last time I did, I had possession of all these random *** ALTs lol.. miniscule amounts but still, super random. I had the option to convert to BNB which I did.. I think that was a smart move. BNB is looking good rn :pimp:
Why does this happen.. after logging in again today I see these two in my wallet.
VTHO and SXP

Anyway, I was planning on just converting the rest of my ALTs to BNB and HODL nothing but the big three(BTC,ETH,LTC) and BNB..

Unless someone here advises me to keep that VET and TRX :lol::nerd:

Thanks in advance for any help fellas.! See you guys at the Lambo dealership. :lol::nthat:

Anybody in on Polkadot? :nerd:

- Up 100% this week.
- 6th in the marketcap
- Just over $10 at present

Yep got plenty. mentioned it here when it was $4-$5. It's still under valued and it'll flip on XRP and Litecoin marketcap eventually. If you missed out on the whole ETH ecosystem then Polkadot is where you wanna be and STAKE it.

Dont FOMO into anything like 2017-2018. Be Patient. there will be plenty of opportunities.

I want to build a house off crypto money. That’s my goal. No house payment no worries.
Bear markets build houses, bull markets pay the bills. Never forget.

Btc, eth, are basically the Cisco and Microsoft of the 80s/90s.

link intrigues me and it seems like a necessity for defi and a lot of dapps to work well.

uni has created a strong brand as a dex. Seems valuable for now.

amp is a sleeper that’s necessary to enable crypto spending in any wallet.

yfi seems like a defi staple but I’m honestly not familiar enough with it.

to me these are the coins worth owning.

rune with unwrapped swaps seems very important.

kton, dot, those sound intriguing but I’ll be honest, I don’t know enough about them.

if you’re a newb, I think it’s safest to start with a portfolio around here with allocations like

50% btc
20% eth
10% link
5% yfi
2% uni
2% amp
2% rune
9% any other moonshots

this is how I’d structure a portfolio and dca into it regularly. This isn’t my portfolio by any means, but I’d do something like this if I had the cash free.

Last edited:
Finally even on the ETH I bought in early 2018 :lol: really thinking about just converting all my LTC to either BTC or ETH

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm appreciate the knowledge. :pimp:
Noticed a typo, bear markets* got that from a mentor of mine in stocks. Whatever you decide to do, create a plan from the get go and follow your rules. If your plan is to invest, don’t worry about fluctuation, use them as buying ops, if your plan is to make a lick quickly, be nimble. If you are full sized on a position and you are losing money in it, do not add more money to it. Have a Max pain for your riskiest purchases. The goal is to stay alive and stack sats at the end of the day.

Yeah shout out to all the mad gems dropped in here. JRS, Fap, and everyone else. Y’all know who you are. I love the momentum this thread is having. We all are helping each other/motivating each other to achieve goals that are life changing. I feel like I’m in an exclusive club in here with you all. I hope everybody here does accomplish their goals be it becoming debt free, new house, building future for family or getting that lambo lol. Let’s get it in 2021! :pimp:

Last edited:
if you’re a newb, I think it’s safest to start with a portfolio around here with allocations like

50% btc
20% eth
10% link
5% yfi
2% uni
2% amp
2% rune
9% any other moonshots

"You ain't got no love fo' LTC, Johnnyred?"

eWBvvB.gif

I don’t know enough about this make quick flips.

I’m just going to keep plugging money into it. I went a little ham this week but I’m gonna dial it back and just put weekly money on eth and btc from now on and I’ll check some of those others you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom