Official Bitcoin Thread

Because so many new people keep hopping in here, I'm just gonna repeat this one more time.

If you don't want to learn about all the tech or do extensive research beyond knowing the most basic info/functionality of bitcoin/blockchain technology, DO NOT immediately dive all the way in and start buying Alt coins because you are scared of missing out.

The absolute simplest & safest way to participate is this:
1. Download and signup for Coinbase
2. Pick an amount of money you would be completely comfortable not touching for a year or even losing.
3. Put 70% or more of that money into BTC, and the rest into ETH. If you want to put some into LTC, then split some of the ETH money.

YES, you will miss out on some massive gains by alt coins. YES, you will also miss out on some major losses by avoiding alt coins.

If you are ready to dive deeper in and do some serious research, then go for it and take some bigger risks, but if you aren't willing to put it in the time, you will likely end up losing or making less than you would by just keeping it simple.

In May, BTC was under 2K, ETH was at like $70, and LTC was $15. You can still make plenty of $ keeping it simple.

I know it seems like you've already missed out, but you haven't. Most people in here will tell you they still believe we are very early in the game. So don't pretend to be an expert when you don't have to.

Well said fam!

What a Time to Be Alive!

The next 3-4 months is going to be amazing...

Convo with my homies...

3FD5391B-99BC-4317-971E-E315927ADB3F.jpeg

12205647-AAFD-4486-8237-FEF0F8ED9E70.jpeg

everyone has their own opinions... but people got state facts in here ... i mentioned regal before and the clown comment came in saying it's run by the same people as bitconnect so i didn't bother responding. Let people invest in the alt coins they want to invest in. If me and the many others involved lose our shirts in whatever coins we are in... so be it ...

With that being said ... how is earning 90 basis points a day equivalent to 1% compounding ... Now if you people went around saying, you have the chance to compound as little as daily if your daily interest earned exceeded the minimum allowable loan, then that would be a different story. Otherwise you got plenty of people lending $100 and earning $0.90 a day which is way more than what they get at their banks.

You have an exchange being run generating ridiculous fees ... let me stop. i don't work for any of these lending programs. People should do their own research. i just wanted to point out that as of now, people are not explaining bitconnect properly. it may well be a ponzi, but it's not 1% compounded daily.

Now, if you believe the set up and how it works, then do you and don't worry about anyone else. classic conversation ... person A - i put x in a lending program and made 100x return. Person B - it's a ponzi (meanwhile their coins haven't done anything).

there are good coins out there and bad ones like anything else. there are git repositories with a ton of info. There are icos are turning people into overnight millionaires, and there are icos that are stealing people's money even though they have great whitepapers.

Once again i'm not part of any team, i've done my own independent research, and i've studied finance for many many many years... take my comments with a grain of salt... i just felt the need to say something

For all the folks that are new to visiting this thread and saying "Damn, I wish I would have bought sooner" or "I missed it", go back to page 1,2,3 and look at how many people said the same thing when Bitcoin was just $400... I've been telling friends since earlier this year to buy at ~$2,000, they all said it's too late, and they would have if it was sooner...

The best time to buy was a year ago, the second best time to buy is right now.

I also just put a big investment into some $WAN as well, and have a strong holding with ETH.

Great thread everyone, appreciate the ongoing conversations and input/feedback everyone shares! One of the most important threads on NT right now...

I wish I could buy BTC with my other currencies within the Coinbase app..

I’m new to this game. So when buying in Coinbase I’m actually buying a share rather than the coin itself? It seems that I’m buying coin, or is it the coin that gains value then sell coins versus shares?

I’m new to this game. So when buying in Coinbase I’m actually buying a share rather than the coin itself? It seems that I’m buying coin, or is it the coin that gains value then sell coins versus shares?

You're buying the coin itself

To then be able to flip it at a higher amount, correct? Unlike purchasing shares, where you aren’t purchasing an item or tangible thing.
Alot of us here flip, but in reality you can make alot holding for long term. I have invested about 20k into crypto over 6 months, if i put that in as my initial investment in bitcoin when i started and not traded i would be up about 70k.

man i regret not buying BTC when it was at 4k last month now its at 7100(SMH). my coworker been trying to coherence me into buying cryptocurrency

man i regret not buying BTC when it was at 4k last month now its at 7100(SMH). my coworker been trying to coherence me into buying cryptocurrency

Same man, id still get some but just have no clue what its gonna do. I'd buy some now if i knew itd go to 8, sell it be happy with that, even if it rises more. Its just hard asf to understand imo

Can someone post the link again on where I can order the Bitcoin Visa?

Same man, id still get some but just have no clue what its gonna do. I'd buy some now if i knew itd go to 8, sell it be happy with that, even if it rises more. Its just hard asf to understand imo

You could seriously read one article and figure it out. It's not that difficult to understand

Back
Top Bottom