Official Bitcoin Thread

BTC's biggest value prop isn't its convenience(or lack thereof) as a medium of exchange. Its biggest value prop is that it's decentralized and decoupled from national economies that have now more than ever shown the un-sustainability of unlimited fiat printing. The sooner society understands that the better off we'll be.
Ehh bitcoin's value is in it being limited and people wanting them. That's it.

to each his own in terms of value.... for me:

- able to send MY money anywhere to anyone
- check blockchain transactions of millions of btc being moved and how much in pennies it cost....now check how much that would cost if centralized/fiat
- 21million EVER

On a side note...over the lockdown, I built my own full BITCOIN Node using Raspberry Pi 4. It has Lightning, able to MIX/JOIN coins, VPN server, and running on TOR (full anon) + many other things.

Pure sovereignty which to me is invaluable: ( but do you...ur good)

home-screen.jpg

pi4.jpg

Attachments

• pi4.jpg
    pi4.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 36
Dope!

Setting up and running a full node is my next project.

Any insight or advice on the process?

Thanks man! 3 things you'll need....Raspberry pi4 with all the fixins (adapter, fan/case, 32gb micro sd, etc), SSD 1TB Harddrive, and an ssd case. You can see the SSD drive behine the pi4 in my pic above.

Here are the 3 items purchased from amazon (minus the indo mie noodles lol):

IMG_4679.jpg

**The build was easy, it was the initial sync'ing of the bitcoin blockchain (only have to do once) is what took awhile...just pretty much a waiting game. Took approx 4days to fully sync.

sync.jpg

Thanks man! 3 things you'll need....Raspberry pi4 with all the fixins (adapter, fan/case, 32gb micro sd, etc), SSD 1TB Harddrive, and an ssd case. You can see the SSD drive behine the pi4 in my pic above.

IMG_4679.jpg

**The build was easy, it was the initial sync'ing of the bitcoin blockchain (only have to do once) is what took awhile...just pretty much a waiting game. Took approx 4days to fully sync.

sync.jpg
I have a pi 3.0 can that be used... I bought it to mess around with but got bored after 2 weeks

IMG_4679.jpg

sync.jpg
What’s the cost of running a node and the financial benefit? Risk factors too security wise?

The market is pumping and the thread is quiet?? Hmmmm

I guess not too many were buying the dip . The halvening is coming closer every day. I wonder how that's going to effect the price as we get closer.. I don't expect nothing crazy but I'm still skeptical until we get back to 14k.

Do I need to have my bitcoin in a certain wallet or platform in order to get the new coins from halvening? I remember in the past on one of my wallets, I got new Bitcoin Gold Bitcoin Cash and whatnot.

Do I need to have my bitcoin in a certain wallet or platform in order to get the new coins from halvening? I remember in the past on one of my wallets, I got new Bitcoin Gold Bitcoin Cash and whatnot.

Halving =/ new coins

Halving means the reward for btc miners will be split in half.

I think you are referring to a fork. Where a big change in the network protocole can create a new cryptocurrency (e.g. btc cash was a fork from btc where they decided to take btc and “upgrade” with blocks of 8MB instead of 1MB, therefore btc cash can process more transactions per second and is in theory more scalable).

But yes in case of a fork you should have your coins on a wallet as many exchanges won’t give you the coins you should receive from said fork. I’ll let somebody else come in and give tips on which wallets are best and which exchanges can let you get your coins because i’m note sure (but i think Binance does).

Halving =/ new coins

Halving means the reward for btc miners will be split in half.

I think you are referring to a fork. Where a big change in the network protocole can create a new cryptocurrency (e.g. btc cash was a fork from btc where they decided to take btc and “upgrade” with blocks of 8MB instead of 1MB, therefore btc cash can process more transactions per second and is in theory more scalable).
Oh yeah you are probably right. Is there going to be a new fork anytime soon?

Back
Top Bottom