Official Bitcoin Thread

Yeah if you profit pulling this early , do you truly believe in bitcoins potential? People still trying to time dips in crypto is crazy to me.

Yeah if you profit pulling this early , do you truly believe in bitcoins potential? People still trying to time dips in crypto is crazy to me.

I can totally understand this sentiment. Maybe I’ll get crushed. To me, if I can take some money out, enjoy it and inject some more again to make more money, I’ll do it. I shared that message based on personal experience. Worst feeling is being up a great amount and watching it all go away.

yea as my man Johnny keeps saying, DCA.
then when it does dip, I’m buy a big chunk.
Easy to see them gainz and want to pull that money.

Timing dips is all speculation. The same with speculating it's potential. There's the people that never pull and those the pull it all out and to me, y'all both crazy :lol:. I'm in between. I take some profit and let the rest flourish, leaving room for growth while migitating loss.

Regardless of which way it goes, I'm just excited to be a part of it all and hope we all flourish in one way or the other.

You can pull profits whenever you want. Just don't sell your WHOLE position :lol:

It's this one dude who has Antshares into NEO and didnt pull one lick of profits and he was up $700K. Rode that **** ALL the way down off hopium it would go back to its ATH or close.

NEO may NEVER go back to its ATH or close to it.

Thing is, we have so many options for stablecoins so say you want to take "gains", how bout moving them to Dai/USDC/BUSD and then earn 8%+ APY on it just sitting on the sidelines...then if you see an opportunity like a dip or blood on the streets...buy right back in.

There is really so many options to play and make smart moves with ur $$$

Trezor T wallet came in earlier today and I set it up. Noticed that you can buy BTC/ETH/LTC from a third party (simplex, ect) through the wallet. Is this legit and recommended? Or should I buy from Coinbase then transfer the coins to my wallet?

Also, just for my edification: when you buy on Coinbase, you're purchasing to own an actual coin, correct? I've been using RH thus far and I know you don't really own the coins purchased on RH. With Coinbase, you actually get to own the coin, correct?

Thanks!

You can say you’ll sell and buy back in but the reality is if you’re selling bitcoin here you won’t be buying back in when it has a correction because you’ll think it can go even lower. If you don’t believe in bitcoin, take profits, if you do and you’re investing money you don’t need, dollar cost average for the rest of your life. The top 10 best investments of the past 20 years all had multiple 50% drops. It’s the cost of doing business. If you have the conviction that is built on understanding and process, who cares what happens today, tomorrow or next week, it’s 5-10 years that we should care about.

I’m holding myself to 250k unless it’s just absolutely ripping then I’ll go more.

I put more in a Roth that pays me far less...

Thing is, we have so many options for stablecoins so say you want to take "gains", how bout moving them to Dai/USDC/BUSD and then earn 8%+ APY on it just sitting on the sidelines...then if you see an opportunity like a dip or blood on the streets...buy right back in.

i think my cosmos/atom is already being staked on coinbase but i am curious to know about other sites.
-Which is the safest and most trust worthy? Is it Celsius?
-Also what would you say are best coins to stake? By best i mean most rewards/interest but keeping in mind security.
I plan to hold on to my eth and btc for years so they are only earning their typical price gains now in coinbase and have been for years but can i move them to celsius or other sites and get both interest/rewards plus price appreciation?
i guess i am seeing BTC like dollars and thinking coinbase is my bank but there is an interest earning bank out there. Savings or a CD are safe for dollars but is there a safe equivalent for crypto?

You can say you’ll sell and buy back in but the reality is if you’re selling bitcoin here you won’t be buying back in when it has a correction because you’ll think it can go even lower. If you don’t believe in bitcoin, take profits, if you do and you’re investing money you don’t need, dollar cost average for the rest of your life. The top 10 best investments of the past 20 years all had multiple 50% drops. It’s the cost of doing business. If you have the conviction that is built on understanding and process, who cares what happens today, tomorrow or next week, it’s 5-10 years that we should care about.

exactly. A lot of these dudes are putting in lunch money talking about take profits regularly. People want quick money. They dont wanna HODL for five years. They dont wanna DCA for five years. If there's all this speculation that 1 bitcoin could be worth $100k, why would you take out money now?

exactly. A lot of these dudes are putting in lunch money talking about take profits regularly. People want quick money. They dont wanna HODL for five years. They dont wanna DCA for five years. If there's all this speculation that 1 bitcoin could be worth $100k, why would you take out money now?

i think people let it get to them too they didn’t get in off rip and become millionaires.

get over it, if you toss in 10k over time and let it ride and btc goes to 300k you still made a bunch of free money.

Curious, what is your opinion on Polka Dot? I've read a comment on Youtube that stated Kraken is a good exchange to use as they also offer 12% staking rewards. I'm tempted on adding Algo and Polka to my bags

i think my cosmos/atom is already being staked on coinbase but i am curious to know about other sites.
-Also what would you say are best coins to stake? By best i mean most rewards/interest but keeping in mind security.
I plan to hold on to my eth and btc for years so they are only earning their typical price gains now in coinbase and have been for years but can i move them to celsius or other sites and get both interest/rewards plus price appreciation?
i guess i am seeing BTC like dollars and thinking coinbase is my bank but there is an interest earning bank out there. Savings or a CD are safe for dollars but is there a safe equivalent for crypto?

Blockfi is a good one for earning interest on ETH and BTC.

- I was staking cosmos on Trust Wallet, but this was about 6months ago. Their apy was at around 9%, not sure what it is now.
- Best coin to stake is a tough answer. I've been staking on Uniswap Liquidity Pools, you pair it with ETH and from there you earn Pool Transaction fees, but then you can also stake tha LP token to get more rewards. Its a little advanced, but you can get it by watching some YT on it. If you want to straight up stake a token and not worry about being a liquidity provider, Celsius is your best bet...many options of tokens (not dependent on eth chain) and they payout weekly (every monday)
- for the big coins (BTC, ETH, and USDC) check out Blockfi and their rates. Their stable coin rate of around 8%+ is hard to beat. Plus they are regulated and have insurance via Gemini

Curious, what is your opinion on Polka Dot? I've read a comment on Youtube that stated Kraken is a good exchange to use as they also offer 12% staking rewards. I'm tempted on adding Algo and Polka to my bags

Polkadot is next up. There are quite a few projects that I like on Polkadot. Sora and KTON to name a few. If you have Sora, you can stake Sora:ETH via Uniswap and then go to sora.farm and start farming the new Polkaswap token (PSWAP) that is not even out yet. They will airdrop it to you once its available on Polkadot chain. They are allowing farming on this token for another 2months....this is what i've earned so far for 1month worth of farming:

2021-01-09 12_58_53-SORA Farming (2).png

To everyone that is new to the crypto world. Remember to do two things. DCA and take profits. I learned my lesson last cycle. I put a large amount of money into this last time, made a good amount and then lost it all because I didn’t take profits. Was left sitting on my hands for 3 years waiting for this moment in time. Now, will I absolutely keep some money in at all times? Of course. But will I take money at highs and rebuy in on dips. You better believe.
Learn from my mistakes.
Where I’m at, take some profits. Buy back in along the way. Always keep some in there

- I was staking cosmos on Trust Wallet, but this was about 6months ago. Their apy was at around 9%, not sure what it is now.
- Best coin to stake is a tough answer. I've been staking on Uniswap Liquidity Pools, you pair it with ETH and from there you earn Pool Transaction fees, but then you can also stake tha LP token to get more rewards. Its a little advanced, but you can get it by watching some YT on it. If you want to straight up stake a token and not worry about being a liquidity provider, Celsius is your best bet...many options of tokens (not dependent on eth chain) and they payout weekly (every monday)
- for the big coins (BTC, ETH, and USDC) check out Blockfi and their rates. Their stable coin rate of around 8%+ is hard to beat. Plus they are regulated and have insurance via Gemini

Polkadot is next up. There are quite a few projects that I like on Polkadot. Sora and KTON to name a few. If you have Sora, you can stake Sora:ETH via Uniswap and then go to sora.farm and start farming the new Polkaswap token (PSWAP) that is not even out yet. They will airdrop it to you once its available on Polkadot chain. They are allowing farming on this token for another 2months....this is what i've earned so far for 1month worth of farming:

2021-01-09 12_58_53-SORA Farming (2).png
Thank you
I am debating between BlockFi and Celsius based on your and allreds allreds suggestions.
BlockFi seems “safer” and more corporate like Coinbase but Celsius seems more like a project I would have thought the crypto space would have developed. It has its own coin and distributes 80% of profits to members. I like how celsius is trying to democratize banking and unlike Coinbase and Blockfi will not go public since it already has tokenholders .
Anyway im going to look into both
thanks to these insights and advice i wont have to sell by coins.

Back
Top Bottom