Official Bitcoin Thread

Price changes in real time at market value. You buy 0.5 btc, and it tripled in value, It’s still 0.5btc
Lol. I definitely get that..
But is that for sure how it's gonna function.?
I guess what I'm saying is that it just doesn't seem too practical with how volatile it is...

I can't imagine the people out there being too convinced on accepting a currency that could decrease in value by the time it reaches them... Even with the possibility of it gaining value as well...

Every dollar counts out there... And if the $20 I send them could potentially be worth only $18, simply based on the market price @ time of withdrawal... I don't know... they may just prefer the MoneyGram. :ohwell:

On the contrary... Imagine tio Juan making crypto transactions but his account value never depleting. Because the bull keeps running... :pimp:
It'll be like getting things for free..! :wow:

Again, can't wait to see how this plays out and how it's received by the people.

Last edited:
I can't imagine the people out there being too convinced on accepting a currency that could decrease in value by the time it reaches them... Even with the possibility of it gaining value as well...

I mean, if you look at Venezuela and Lebanon, that’s exactly what happens when they get paid in their own currency and it has no chance of gaining value either.

I mean, if you look at Venezuela and Lebanon, that’s exactly what happens when they get paid in their own currency and it has no chance of gaining value either.
This is a really good point..

But do either of those countries accept USD as legal tender.?

That's what I'm getting at, if given the choice, because of its volatility, I think the people might be more inclined in receiving FIAT instead of crypto...

That's what I'm getting at, if given the choice, because of its volatility, I think the people might be more inclined in receiving FIAT instead of crypto...

In Venezuela, it’s easier to use BTC than USD. I think the locals would prefer BTC because it wasn’t until this year that they allowed banks to open USD accounts.

FIAT is inflating right now. Consumer price index (price of pretty much everything, was up over 5% in a month), they're printing paper money and handing it out for free with stimulus checks, PPP, EIDL loans. BTC is volatile, but there's 21 million BTC, no more. It's lowest year over year decrease (Based on January 1st to January 1st), is -71%. The year prior, enjoyed +1,244% and year after +85% increases. Last year had a +308% increase. BTC is volatile, but it mostly goes up. A lot. If people have the option of choosing Fiat vs BTC, and chose fiat, that is a very poor financial decision. Go back a page and read on why you should buy BTC I posted.
1629828657312.png

Do you want a source of income that is limited in quantity, gaining value or unlimited in quantity, losing value? USD is LOSING value every year. Ask grandpa how much coke was back in his day for reference

BTC is easier to use in Venezuela than USD. BTC doens't have a black market as USD has.

Axie in Venezuela is a whole industry. Thousands of freelancers from VLZ get paid in BTC from Mexico.

Developers in México are starting to accept BTC to purchase homes.

El Salvador and their govt run app.

FIAT is going nowhere but there already a lot of examples of real use cases at scale.

Am I the only 1 thats things about this crypto stuff all the time now?

I feel like we are seeing the beginning of something beautiful if you jump in right now

not all the time but I’m hoping it’s my ticket to early retirement. If interest rates stay the same or get better and the market keeps doing what it’s doing it will be.

I went from building it up to build a house but now I’m pretty much convinced I’ll never sell. Only convert some quick double up flips.

Am I the only 1 thats things about this crypto stuff all the time now?
i’m still in that noob phase where i’m reading **** ALL THE TIME - don’t check my portfolio as much though. wake up to piss in the middle of the night and read telegram. my wife don’t even wanna hear about it - she says just buy BTC and ETH then hold lol. at the end of this run, i will probably end up with $3.50 and just let my wife do all the crypto as well as our other investments 😂

Does anybody know anywhere that posts coins that are about to hit Coinbase?

wouldn’t mind taking some risks on pump n dumps.
i’m thinking the best place is coinbase twitter and keep your notifications on? from what i see, companies do not release information pertaining to listings until the exchanges announce it. they can say who they are working with on getting a listing but don’t announce specific dates. i could be wrong though. someone correct me if i am.

Last edited:
I'm glad many of you are seeing the light...it's just crazy to me how some peeps still disregard bitcoin/crypto. Check your friends/family that still hate on it and it just doesn't make sense:

"its such a volatile asset with lots of risks" == Goes to vegas every other month LOSES 10k+ and ok with it.

"its all illicit activity" = does drugs, downloads torrents, slangs/hustles bootlegs on the side

"bitcoin crashes" = Puts their money into USD where they lose 20%+ value annually (tax+inflation)

"It isn't even real" = queue the money printer gif

"only for collegekids/genx is buying this, not any REAL investor" = cathie wood, michael saylor, elon, jamie f'in dimon.

"this market is manipulated" = but owns GOLD, Diamonds, and other metals. SMH

Just stop it already and accept it. The sooner, the better. Everyone here who has questioned it in the past, its ok to be wrong...just get on now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom