Official Bitcoin Thread

Metamask is a small step up from the ease of coinbase and those types of apps. Crazy how people are falling for this type of stuff. I get these fake messages in discord all the time.
It's still wild to me how important metamask I'd for defi 2.0.

I know a ton of people still don't use a ledger and just park their money on exchanges or even leave it in metamask.

That **** is a risk.

Feels like all the NFT momentum is shifting to women lead projects. All of them are pumping like crazy while most the rest of the market is slipping.

It's bad people are getting scammed and all, but most the time people are doing something they clearly shouldn't have done.

You really don't need to have 20 tabs open in your browser and leave your MM unlocked.

Bookmarking the sites you use would go a long way from some scams. There was a fake Strong website taking people's coins not so long ago.

I know a ton of people still don't use a ledger and just park their money on exchanges or even leave it in metamask.

That **** is a risk.
awkward-kid.gif

I didn’t have a ledger but got one and imported my mm into ledger deleted it and hooked it up to the dummy mm.

i forgot have a big chunk in an onchain wallet protected by biometric id and password. then a big chunk in my keplr wallet and a little bit in metamask. if my metamask got compromised at this point, wouldn't be too bad. if my keplr did, i'd be pissed. my biometric wallet is super secure. not worried about that at all.
i'm still procrastinating on buying a separate chromebook but i better step it up cause my pc been acting a little weird. def afraid of malware since i torrent movies and music.

I don’t have a separate computer but I just use a different browser for crypto and keep all my tabs open so I never have to connect to some unknown stuff.

I got some l long term stuff in Celsius too. Not worried about that. Hodl mode is on.

It's bad people are getting scammed and all, but most the time people are doing something they clearly shouldn't have done.

You really don't need to have 20 tabs open in your browser and leave your MM unlocked.

Bookmarking the sites you use would go a long way from some scams. There was a fake Strong website taking people's coins not so long ago.

yeah, the discord was talking about putting eth together to help recover some of his assets which was only about .3
but in my head even tho I felt for the guy I couldn't just willingly give to someone who did something so dumb.

also bookmarking can also lead to getting backdoored as well so be careful with that.

I went full overkill. But I truly believe you can never be too safe...

I got a dedicated laptop.
Ledger.
Physical 2FA key.
VPN.
Encrypted email.
Whitelist withdrawals.

And all of my discord/telegram activity is done strictly on my phone... In case I happen to click on a malicious link or gif. Lol.

Can never be too safe fellas... But yeah, people are dumb as hell. Lol... Giving out seed phrases... :smh:

Ppl have gotten got by connecting their wallets to fake websites.

Cant just google stuff, gotta make sure you got the legit address.

One reason I'm a little paranoid about some new projects and websites is, even with a cold wallet, you can get screwed if the site is a scam and you give them access to your MM. There was a BnB Royal ( forget the exact name) something robbing people if they gave the website permission to access their MM.

I use Chrome for crypto only right now. It may be overkill, but I'm eventually gonna get a separate and cheap computer for crypto only.

Last edited:
Shoot its never overkill. Whats $500 when i could potentially lose thousands.

Dont care how much you got in it, still hurts the same when you see a empty wallet 💀.

Last edited:
Shoot its never overkill. Whats $500 when i could potentially lose thousands.

Dont care how much you got in it, still hurts the same when you see a empty wallet 💀.
I'm sayin! I know folks personally that are quick to drop 4-5 figures on a .jpg but have hesitated about hardware wallets or extra layer of protection on PC because of a couple hundred bucks LOL!

Came back from vacation to lots of green :pimp:. Didn't get rugged on any NFTs either :lol:. I get to welcome my Boryoku Baby to the blockchain tomorrow too. Pretty solid week.

Screen Shot 2022-02-08 at 4.33.09 PM.png

NFTs will probably get rekt soon

I’ve been lightening

Sold my last roboto

Ethereum will be back over 3k soon

Yeah I've been thinking the same. We've been going up for too long now so I've been trimming fat all January. Trying to time the top for NFTs is even more futile than coins. Just take your profits, chill, and rotate.

NFT's are some of the most fun things about crypto but boy you can't do it on a 9 to 5 or maybe its just me.

No kidding. Just having to keep track of which discords you're in, when to submit wallet address for WL, when the WL/public minting windows are, etc, is a job in itself. And then you have to actually do your due diligence. It's a gigantic time sink but like you said it's lots of fun.

I minted some Senshi Samurais last week and watched them climb to like a 30 SOL floor. Got back from vaca to see them at 15 and just thought it was a solid repricing. But apparently in that timeframe one of the devs drained the utility token's LP which crashed the NFTs to almost 0 until the rest of the devs de-rugged :lol: :lol:. It really is still the wild west out here.

One reason I'm a little paranoid about some new projects and websites is, even with a cold wallet, you can get screwed if the site is a scam and you give them access to your MM. There was a BnB Royal ( forget the exact name) something robbing people if they gave the website permission to access their MM.

I only use Chrome for crypto only right now. It may be overkill, but I'm eventually gonna get a separate and cheap computer for crypto only.

This is why you only use your cold wallet for storing/sending/receiving. Never connect to any websites or contracts. Send funds from cold wallet to hot wallet and then do your thing from there. You can check which sites have access to your wallet on Debank.com and also revoke access if necessary.

Are y’all using these ledgers to store strong that has been claimed? Or to secure the MM that has been linked to the strong account

interacted with eth mainnet a bunch of times this past week or so. easily spent over $300 on gas and yet i’m still balking on buying a $200 laptop. brain is totally ****ed. have not yet sent any crypto back to an exchange for fiat off-ramp and that probably makes it worse. what are the tax implications of sending stables to an exchange that has a debit card that allows you to spend it?

Are y’all using these ledgers to store strong that has been claimed? Or to secure the MM that has been linked to the strong account
I have two.

One is to secure the MM that has been linked to strong.
The other one is to receive the profits “ETH” i converted.

Back
Top Bottom