Official Blackberry OS/Device Thread

That's the only thing that's keeping me from getting. A bb. I love the user interface of both the z10 and q10. I much prefer it over android, but like you said, it's the apps.
If I do end up getting a bb. I'll mainly be using it for business purposes and I will be getting a 7 inch tablet to make up for the apps.
I too was worried about the apps and then I realized that I barely use apps that aren't on all formats. I just use my banking apps and some popular apps like Shazam. I'll miss out on Instagram but that won't be the end of the world. Only thing that'll suck is that I won't have Clash of Clans lol. I have an iPad so I won't miss out in entirely.

I've recently played with the Q10. Not bad at all. I actually like it better than the z10. BB flow feels like it was meant for this phone.

But the apps that I absolutely need would be the following:
Skype - Yes
Twitter - Yes
any.DO - No. Doesn't have it. This is one of my most used apps. definitely helps be prioritize and keep productive.
Evernote - I never got the chance to experience evernote in bb. But I heard it was fully integrated in the system. If that is the case, then :smokin
Google Drive - No
Netflix - No. Would be important with the Z10, but definitively not the Q10
NBA app - No. And I always start my morning with this.
News apps such as Flipboard, news360 and pulse - I don't know. I haven't gotten a chance to look that deeply. But these are apps that I open on a daily basis.
Dropbox and Box - Yes

Those are the apps that I use on a daily basis. So all in all, it doesn't look like I am giving up THAT much, but I am still giving up something. Is it worth the sacrifice for (What I think is) a better OS, I don't know. My contract ends in October so I have some time to think about it.

Idk how current Z10 owners can live with that screen
sick.gif
.  I'm a BB fanboy, but I was disappointed how horrible it looks compared to other phones.  Ended up getting an iPhone 5, but I really want to jump back to BB.  I can live with a ****** camera, but I refuse to live with a ****** screen.  I mean, it's 2013 and most smartphones have hi-def screens, no excuse for coming with this ********
mean.gif

First time ive heard a complaint about the screen :lol: other people that have used my phone and owned iphones/androids thought it was clean

what exactly is not HD about the screen? and camera isnt ****** at all. 8mp, yeah some have 13 but thats redundant :lol:

The Z10's screen has a somewhat yellow tint to it, the letters aren't as sharp as the iPhone's, and it's not nearly as bright.  Simply put, it just looks dull compared to the iPhone's screen.
As for the camera, the iPhone's is far from the best, but it gives pretty decent pictures.  The Z10's camera is just bad
mean.gif
.  I can live with that though, I can't live that crappy *** AMOLED screen, BB needs to put a LCD screen in there and call it a day...

I'm hating the fact that there is no news on when the Q10 is coming to Sprint other than "late summer" 
mean.gif

I don't want my iPhone anymore. I want my damn qwerty keyboard.

love my q10 on vzw

picked it up off contract from some tweaker to keep unlimited data

^Got my Z10 the week of release. Software and everything about it is awesome but I HATE the touch key. Nothing to do with BB just touch type in general. I need the Q10 BAD. And no upgrade til 2014.

Anyone know how the new Verizon Edge works? You get multiple upgrades but do I have to upgrade my plan?

I'm waiting for the Z30 via T-Mobile.

I'll never buy anything from Apple and Android is a no-go because Google is becoming Big Brother. I really don't care what the market share numbers are as I go with what I like and that's been BB.

I wouldn't mind another 9330 bb. Touchscreen bold. One of the best phones I ever had. Lost it at a gas station. Smh

People who owned a bb in this thread.....still have it now or did you jump ship yet?

Just picked up a Z10 for $150....just to test it out.

Price?

What company

Pictures and could you name the dope features?

$600 cash, since I didn't use a credit card at a local shop. I am curently using it on AT&T with my grandfathered unlimited data plan. It's am amazing device. I could show some pictures, but a YouTube search might be better. The app library is decent, it has everything I need. I can write music, send off songs, and even full projects with it. It's fast, flawless and feels good in the hand.

I had to wait to get it because I broke my hand a couple of months back so recovery delayed me actually using the device.

My only complaint was the Instagram App and I found iGrann which is perfect. Twitter could be better but it's a distraction as well.

Been on top of emails, sessions, meetings, and everything for the past weekend and I've only had it since Friday. I couldn't handle business with the iphone.

Price?

What company

Pictures and could you name the dope features?

A week later almost, I realized I can load Android applications. So there are decent Twitter and Instagram clients for it. The cameras been crispy. The daily mangement features are pretty solid. Being able to email songs and things of that nature is a benefit as well. The file management system is A1. The browser isn't an iPhones, but I'll use my Macbook for surfing if needed. I'm pretty connected with the device and have no complains. The battery life is amazing. I might sound delusional being the only one talking about this device on NT, but it's worth 600.

It'll hold me over until I get iPhone withdrawels and grab another 6,

Back
Top Bottom