...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

Which online radio works better for you?

Slacker or Pandora?
I downloaded Pandora today. I recommend it, now that I understand what the program was about.
smokin.gif

I have about 8 playlists..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Originally Posted by TD The God

Anyone know how to increase battery life on the Bold...?
Upgrade to OS .247 best OS so far for the Bold

agreed. that's the OS i'm currently running, and has provided the best battery life so far.

if you're still using .167, you're getting probably the worst battery life available.

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

No wonder I need to upgrade right now

Me too, I update it through desktop management right?

Oh yeah, I got my extra battery today, and my 16gb in the mail. Total about $60 for both?

Via BGR:

According to him its the best BB, based on hardware so far.

• Best BlackBerry keyboard. Ever.
  • Best BlackBerry speakers. Ever.
  • Best screen. Ever. (It looks more like glass than crappy plastic)
  • Best size/feel. Ever.

Originally Posted by osubass1

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Anyone know how to increase battery life on the Bold...?[/color]

agreed. that's the OS i'm currently running, and has provided the best battery life so far.

if you're still using .167, you're getting probably the worst battery life available.
How can I update my bold? Im on a mac so the update i downloaded is all funny. I tried to DL on my bold but couldn't get it to work. Anyideas?

Originally Posted by baller mayo

Originally Posted by osubass1

[color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]Anyone know how to increase battery life on the Bold...?[/color]

How can I update my bold? Im on a mac so the update i downloaded is all funny. I tried to DL on my bold but couldn't get it to work. Any ideas?
you can't. i had to pull out the windows laptop.

Yo, anybody here that has a Mac and a BBerry I have successfully tethered my BB to my MAC via Bluetooth. Ifyou want to know how, let me know. Basically it uses the Bold's 3G connection so you can have high speed internet on your Laptop anywhere you have a 3Gsignal. Here is a screen shot of the speed test I took while connected to my BB. Yes the latency is a little high but the speeds are pretty good. Also thedownload and upload speeds are near synchronous.

2i3gxw.jpg

im getting my bold or storm tonight...trading my iphone 3g...which one is better for ATT and can anyone of them be unlock?

im getting my bold or storm tonight...trading my iphone 3g...which one is better for ATT and can anyone of them be unlock?

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

Alright....so I just got my Storm.
I've had for about a week & I LOVE it.
Please hit me with some suggestions to make this thing real dope.
How do I get the opera browser?
What other apps can I get that would be cool?
Any suggestions NT?

congrats. i've had my storm for close to 3 months now and its crack. At first it was sketchy because I had no idea where to start, but little by little,the storm transforms into a machine.
-First DL Opera Mini. My web browser is ******ed fast. I love opera. Stay away from the browser provided in the phone.
-Slacker is a must, and addictive free radio streaming with no buffering. Always reliable.
-Google Latitiude I love.
-QuickLaunch is also a must download. It cost money, and the only app ive paid for but really worth the $5

Other than that you can go through crackberry.com Storm forums and you find a lot of helpul info through that site. Lots of free apps you can DL

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Via BGR:

• Best size/feel. Ever.

Yeah, yeah, but the Bold is STILL Blackberry's flagship phone. The Bold is still the onlyBlackberry 3G, Wifi, and GPS in one package. The 9630 will not have Wifi according to BGR. Also like I continually preach in here...the Bold is the onlyBlackberry that uses the UMTS/HSDPA 3G here in the U.S. (The Storm has it as well, but only for overseas, it uses EVDO Rev.A� 3G here in the U.S.). UMTS/HSDPA3G allows for voice and data to be used at the same time. This means you can use the internet while talking on the phone, or talk on the phone while STILLsending and receiving emails, or using navigation while using the phone, and lastly you can Tether your BOld to your laptop to get the internet AND stillreceive calls without ending your session. So until any other of the Blackberries can do this................BB BOLD = THE G.O.A.T.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by jacobmontana

Alright....so I just got my Storm.
I've had for about a week & I LOVE it.
Please hit me with some suggestions to make this thing real dope.
How do I get the opera browser?
What other apps can I get that would be cool?
Any suggestions NT?

congrats. i've had my storm for close to 3 months now and its crack. At first it was sketchy because I had no idea where to start, but little by little, the storm transforms into a machine.
-First DL Opera Mini. My web browser is ******ed fast. I love opera. Stay away from the browser provided in the phone.
-Slacker is a must, and addictive free radio streaming with no buffering. Always reliable.
-Google Latitiude I love.
-QuickLaunch is also a must download. It cost money, and the only app ive paid for but really worth the $5

Other than that you can go through crackberry.com Storm forums and you find a lot of helpul info through that site. Lots of free apps you can DL

Yea, I love my Storm as well. Opera Mini is my browser of choice. The Google app goes hard and I also have the Youtube app, which is awesome. Better than goingto the website. I like Slacker... They have an app called "iheartradio". It's pretty good, but not as robust as Slacker. And finally"Trapster"... Gives you locations of police hideout spots through GPS.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Via BGR:

• Best size/feel. Ever.
Yeah, yeah, but the Bold is STILL Blackberry's flagship phone. The Bold is still the only Blackberry 3G, Wifi, and GPS in one package. The 9630 will not have Wifi according to BGR. Also like I continually preach in here...the Bold is the only Blackberry that uses the UMTS/HSDPA 3G here in the U.S. (The Storm has it as well, but only for overseas, it uses EVDO Rev.A� 3G here in the U.S.). UMTS/HSDPA 3G allows for voice and data to be used at the same time. This means you can use the internet while talking on the phone, or talk on the phone while STILL sending and receiving emails, or using navigation while using the phone, and lastly you can Tether your BOld to your laptop to get the internet AND still receive calls without ending your session. So until any other of the Blackberries can do this................BB BOLD = THE G.O.A.T.

laugh.gif
you always write that, but its TRUE! no other BB out there is touching the Bold.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Via BGR:

• Best size/feel. Ever.
Yeah, yeah, but the Bold is STILL Blackberry's flagship phone. The Bold is still the only Blackberry 3G, Wifi, and GPS in one package. The 9630 will not have Wifi according to BGR. Also like I continually preach in here...the Bold is the only Blackberry that uses the UMTS/HSDPA 3G here in the U.S. (The Storm has it as well, but only for overseas, it uses EVDO Rev.A� 3G here in the U.S.). UMTS/HSDPA 3G allows for voice and data to be used at the same time. This means you can use the internet while talking on the phone, or talk on the phone while STILL sending and receiving emails, or using navigation while using the phone, and lastly you can Tether your BOld to your laptop to get the internet AND still receive calls without ending your session. So until any other of the Blackberries can do this................BB BOLD = THE G.O.A.T.

I think u missed the whole point. While the Bold might be the GOAT, the
Niagra is best in terms of HARDWARE, and I believe that, but so far I
like the feel of the Bold better than any other BB I have placed my hands on.

Where do I get that youtube app for the Storm? Also that trapster doesn't work with verizon due to vz navig. Was there an update?

Back
Top Bottom