...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by freshhh

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Check your memory. If you're low on memory then texts, phone calls, etc are the first to be deleted automatically.
mad.gif
yeah that was the reason i think
tired.gif

and i cant delete ringtones for some reason. it asks confirmation but it doesnt disappear.

if i had a micro sd card, would it be used to sms storage too? or only the internal memory
I believe SMS is only internal. I received my black bezel and battery door yesterday. Now I'm just waiting for my red keyboard and then Igotta pick up a T5 screw driver and the fun then begins.

There's a new 8900 OS. I upgraded from .114 and I noticed some changes already.

-Quicker reaction time in folders
-UMA works a lot better
-Faster browser
-Louder tones
-Camera shutter is faster
-More free memory

Newest 8900 OS: v4.6.1.168 (Multilanguage)

EDIT - am I allowed to post links when new OS's leak?

I got a quick question. I used audacity to cut the mp3 files to make a 10-15 second ringtone and I used the disc blackberry provided me for the Desktopmanager. I then tried transferring the ringtone to the phone via Media Manager in that program. Sucess but when I check on my phone the files are no where tobe found?

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

I got a quick question. I used audacity to cut the mp3 files to make a 10-15 second ringtone and I used the disc blackberry provided me for the Desktop manager. I then tried transferring the ringtone to the phone via Media Manager in that program. Sucess but when I check on my phone the files are no where to be found?
There should be a folder on your BB that reads Ringtones and that's where you transfer the files to.

There is a Bold on ebay that I'm looking at...it is unlocked and I want to hook it up on the thesister company that originally branded the phone. Is there anyway that I can find out if the phone is PIN locked? Can I get the IMEI from the seller or can hecall a provider to find out?

Originally Posted by TD The God

There is a Bold on ebay that I'm looking at...it is unlocked and I want to hook it up on the the sister company that originally branded the phone. Is there anyway that I can find out if the phone is PIN locked? Can I get the IMEI from the seller or can he call a provider to find out?

If the phone itself was never used other than to unlock it, I don't think the PIN would be locked.

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]There's a new 8900 OS. I upgraded from .114 and I noticed some changes already.[/color]

-UMA works a lot better
-Faster browser
-Louder tones
-More free memory

Word?
nerd.gif

-UMA works a lot better
-Faster browser
-Louder tones
-More free memory

So I take it its not an official upgrade.

Question about Verizon's new promotion.

I saw the commercial last night, and I'm pretty sure it said "Buy a Blackberry, get any Blackberry free."

Anyone have any idea how this works exactly?

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

-UMA works a lot better
-Faster browser
-Louder tones
-More free memory

So I take it its not an official upgrade.
Nope, not official.

if anyone wants to know how the new OS is working...

Originally Posted by bkmac

I saw the commercial last night, and I'm pretty sure it said "Buy a Blackberry, get any Blackberry free."

Buy a blackberry with a 2 yr contract and get another one for free but the thing is that the free phone will also need a 2 yr contract.

I'm up for contract renewal at my phone company (US Cellular) I currently have an original Moto Q. The BB options I can get are either the 8330 or the8830. Any opinions on either of those? Or they have the Moto Q9c. I'm not sure which way to go. Or if anybody knows of US Cellular planning on upgradingtheir BlackBerries any time soon because I know the 8830 and 8330 are not exactly the newest models.

both accounts need to be up for and upgrade thats about it anyone in SoCal wana go 1/2 i know a dude that owns a verizon and he said he can bend the rules
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

both accounts need to be up for and upgrade thats about it anyone in SoCal wana go 1/2 i know a dude that owns a verizon and he said he can bend the rules
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

haha bend the rules. someone was supposed to do that for me. now I gotta wait til the 11th to upgrade. anybody know how long the deal is going on?

Originally Posted by hediondo19

I'm up for contract renewal at my phone company (US Cellular) I currently have an original Moto Q. The BB options I can get are either the 8330 or the 8830. Any opinions on either of those? Or they have the Moto Q9c. I'm not sure which way to go. Or if anybody knows of US Cellular planning on upgrading their BlackBerries any time soon because I know the 8830 and 8330 are not exactly the newest models.
Never heard of U.S. Cellular. I guess since its not in the DC Area. But take the 8330, it has similar, yet better features than the Moto Q. Aswell as a better camera and email capability.

Just got the Sprint 8330 BB today. I ended up losing my phone last Saturday and since it was the same price went ahead and switched to BB. I have alreadyupdated mine to the 4.5 OS. I am pretty much good to go.
pimp.gif

So now, can anyone school me on must have applications, themes, and anything else that is cool/fun to have on your Blackberry?

Word. My last phone had real #!##+% battery life, hopefully this one is better.

I just downloaded google maps and the iphone theme.

Just replaced my Bold bezel and battery door. Pretty easy job overall. I have a red keypad on the way. Don't know if I really wanna use it or not.

Pics were taken with my iPhone so that's why they're not the best. I'm lovin the blacked out look
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom