...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I'm looking to cop my first BlackBerry before I start college in late August. Which one would you guys recommend. I'm with AT&T.
Also, would it be better to wait until a few months after I start school to cop the Onyx?
And what text message/data plan would you recommend adding to the current family plan that my pops i paying for?

Thanks for any help.

@viiheaven there's a dude on here I think his sn is cashmere thoughts or something like that that works for t-mobile and can get you eligible for anupgrade for like $50 I think. Some people say whatever he does works so that you can upgrade at the discounted price.

Copping a tour on release date for verizon
pimp.gif

I hope the storm 2 doesn't release for 3 years.

got a storm hate it, eligible for an upgrade....NT ill be a sheep and follow should I get the tour or wait for the storm 2.

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

Copping a tour on release date for verizon
pimp.gif

I hope the storm 2 doesn't release for 3 years.
Storm 2 is due out in like November.

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

I'm looking to cop my first BlackBerry before I start college in late August. Which one would you guys recommend. I'm with AT&T.
Also, would it be better to wait until a few months after I start school to cop the Onyx?
And what text message/data plan would you recommend adding to the current family plan that my pops i paying for?

Thanks for any help.
Just get a Bold, the Onyx is that big of an improvement. The Bold is a bossier phone. Since your on a family plan, ask your dad to add theunlimited family text package, so your whole family will have unlimited text, it's only $30/month compared to paying $20 unlimited for just you. As forthe data plan, you will have to get BIS which is $30/month.

I Need help trying to sync(sp) my blackberry bold to my mac..I tried pocketmac (I think it was called) but it didnt let my drag music from itunes to my phone
and im not trying to pay, anthing.

thanks

And how do I change me notification alerts/sound for text?

thanks
smile.gif

^^just click on finder then click on your phone it should be right under macintosh hd then you should be able to drag them from itunes onto your music folderon your blackberry

^ Idk
why it wont work. I just got this Bold in the mail because my other one wasnt working properly so they sent me this replacement one. With my o.g. one my macwould read it and a lil icon would pop up and let my drag music to its folder, but not this one.

anywho thanks

Originally Posted by stepinitup

I Need help trying to sync(sp) my blackberry bold to my mac..I tried pocketmac (I think it was called) but it didnt let my drag music from itunes to my phone
and im not trying to pay, anthing.

thanks

And how do I change me notification alerts/sound for text?

thanks
smile.gif
Look up Blackberry Media Sync, there's a beta version out from RIM.

Alright my dudes.

I got a major problem with my 8130 Pearl (Word, I still got a Pearl. SMH @ me)

Within the last week...my radio keeps turning off by itself. It'll stay connected to the mobile network about 15-20 seconds then it'll disconnect. Ihave to manually reconnect it then the countdown starts. Even worse, I have to keep it on the Manage Connections screen in order for me to receive texts, etc.

After looking it up, this seems to be a common problem amongst BB users, particularly the Pearl. They're saying it's a hardware problem and nothing onmy end that I can fix. Thing is...I'm sure I'm not under warranty, don't have insurance on the phone, and my contract doesn't expire tillDecember.

Sidebar: Now my phone doesn't even charge properly. It's completely dead and when I connect it to a wall port...the white screen with the battery popsup indicating a charge...but when I take out the USB cord, the phone dies. This is mad frustrating.

So my question is....what is the best solution for all of this? I'm thinking my phone is done for...and I'm really looking to cop the Tour on the 12th.Thing is, I'm pretty much strapped on cash right now for school related expenses...but I NEED a new phone (and a BB of course)...what is the best way I canget a deal through Sprint?? I see peeps suggesting calling retentions and giving them hard time...but there is NO way I'm dropping retail on this phone. Oreven -75 off it with my 1 year upgrade. I need this as low as possible.

Good looks.

Is it true that on a 8900 the pics come out different depending on what button you use to take the pic? Like if you use enter as opposed to the side button ofthe trackball? What settings produce the best pics?

I have some questions regarding the new "Tour" on Verizon. Ive been with T mobile for almost 2 years now and had the wing which I hate. Ive beenwanting to upgrade to Blackberry for awhile. I was thinking about upgrading to the Curve 8900 untill I saw the bew Tour on Verizon. So my qustion is the"Tour" much better than the curve 8900 on T mobile? And if it is then is it really worth switching to Verizon just to get the "tour"blackberry?

Please help.

Originally Posted by 757shoefanatic

havent been up on it lately but did they change the name from the "niagara" to the "tour?"

thanks in advance
Niagara was the codename for the Tour.

i never owned a berry b4 but im thinking about getting the 9630 (tour) but the thing thats scaring me off it is that it doesnt have wifi and wifi being such abasic perk. should it be a deciding factor?

depends on how often you think youd use the wifi or not. Thats really a question YOU should answer. If you think mannnn it sucks it doesnt have wifi but iwould barely use it anyways...get it...if not..dont get it!

Back
Top Bottom