...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

my contract ends on 7/31/09 on this cheap flip phone.
I checked online and it says I'm eligible to save $150.00 --
Do I upgrade now to BB Tour w/ simply everything plan plus 500
or do I wait till my contract expires?

I Drink Your Milkshake- If you have one of the old Sero Plans like for $30, I would call them and ask how much it would cost to add a BB data package onto youoriginal plan. That might actually be less then the simply everything plus (assuming they actually let you go through with it) If not tell them you want toswitch your plan over to the sipmly everything plus 500 plan, because that has a BB data included, then you can use your upgrade, but that will only take off$75 off a $400+ phone. Your 3rd option is to just open a new line of service. I doubt you would want to do this though and get stick paying for 2 phones. Thisis what I did, only because I gave my Touch Pro to my sister, and now she will be paying for the bill.

JoeyD16- you should check out the crackberry tour forum, I've read about people who have successfully traded in their Storm for a Tour. I don't knowhow Verizon customer service is, but if it is as bad as sprints, and you have patience and know how to talk to them, you can make them see things your way.

Hofstra- I would wait until my contract expires, because then you have the upper hand when it comes negotiating. Call them up and tell them you are consideringVerizon's BB Tour because you can walk into best buy and pay only $99 for it, throw in how you how you would really hate to do this because you have been aloyal sprint customer.

Going to the VZW store today to see if I'm available for an upgrade....
Either way I need the Tour...Windows mobile FTL

damn im lost...gotta read like the last 20 pages to catch up

storm 2?? tour??

nerd.gif

Yeah, I'm thinking about letting go of my Treo and copping the Tour.

I'll finally be entering the BB world.

W/ no BB Pins though, lol.

Eh, just called *611 and had no luck with trading in the storm for the tour..... Not sure if I believe some of the stories that I've been reading on theother forums.

Originally Posted by International Lance

verizon, sprint as well as rogers i believe released the Tour

Not Rogers. Rogers is a GSM network company, the latest BB they have is the 8900.

my contract ends on 7/31/09 on this cheap flip phone.
I checked online and it says I'm eligible to save $150.00 --
Do I upgrade now to BB Tour w/ simply everything plan plus 500
or do I wait till my contract expires
Same thing, literally you can wait 2 weeks and no be in contract.

you can negotiate and see what they tell you.

Everyone that is hitting me up for the storm, ill pm you back.
Offer is for new line or upgrade unless you wanna pay $500 full retail.

what's the best website to unlock my 8320? it's locked for TMobile, i wanna use it on AT&T?

there's a shop around my way that does it for $35 but i think that's a little steep..

I'm eligible for an upgrade with Sprint, currently using the 8330...is the tour really that much better than the Curve?

Not sure if I'm going to get it or not

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I'm eligible for an upgrade with Sprint, currently using the 8330...is the tour really that much better than the Curve?

Not sure if I'm going to get it or not
I would recommend it. The Curve you have right now seems outdated.

Question: So the Tour at Best Buy is cheaper? And this includes everything (Box w/ charger, case, 2G card)?

The Curve you have right now seems outdated.
Yeah the tour is a major upgrade. I look at my curve now and it looks really outdated
I know the Curve is considered old, but I don't have a problem with that.

If you're saying that it's a major upgrade, how so? I know that it has a SIM card like the 8830, but I don't go out of the country that much sothat's not really important to me...neither is the improved camera. Just seems like if I'm going to drop $200 on a new phone it should be worth it, notjust basically the same phone in a new casing.

I ordered my tour at 12:23 sunday morning and its still back ordered. Been sending them threatining messages via twitter and went off on them on the phone.....-__________-

Hey could anyone suggest a good browser for a bb 8330? I'm having trouble viewing youtube videos. I'm currently using opera mini.

Originally Posted by International Lance

Originally Posted by BeastMode212

I ordered my tour at 12:23 sunday morning and its still back ordered. Been sending them threatining messages via twitter and went off on them on the phone..... -__________-

Apparently the people who ordered when it was released have been having that issue. I ordered at around 3pm eastern time on sunday and mine was shipped out monday via ups next day. They've been giving out credits though because of this error you should definitely talk them into some form of compensation. Good luck man
Wow ordered mine 2pm eastern on sunday and got nothing. hmm

Back
Top Bottom