...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

NT on my bold is now working! Don't know if this helped, but I logged onto yuku, clicked on my profile, clicked onto my most recent NT post then everythingwas good

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Anyone's Opera Mini working with NT yet?

My lunch breaks are pretty damn boring now, although the naps are nice.
Mine is back to working this morning.
pimp.gif

Thank goodness, I had played with every setting on there trying to get it back. I was about to pull my hair out...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Anyone with at&t know any companys that offer a discount with sprint , i could use over the phone . I know people were getting over on sprint before with this . I need to get this bill down
There's a credit union discount going around 15%

Barnes & Noble is 20% and so is Tops Market

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Anyone's Opera Mini working with NT yet?

My lunch breaks are pretty damn boring now, although the naps are nice.
Mine is back to working this morning.
pimp.gif

Thank goodness, I had played with every setting on there trying to get it back. I was about to pull my hair out...
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Mine is back now, too. Had me reinstalling, rebooting and all that crap trying to figure out why NT wouldn't show up.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Anyone with at&t know any companys that offer a discount with sprint , i could use over the phone . I know people were getting over on sprint before with this . I need to get this bill down
There's a credit union discount going around 15%

Barnes & Noble is 20% and so is Tops Market

If i was to call over the phone to try to get the discount can i get away with it ?
glasses.gif

A couple of my gripes with the Bold 9700 after having the Curve 8900:

• The keyboard feels weird. I loved the keyboard on the Curve 8900. I may get used to it in time.
  • Threaded SMS. I don't know what the hell this is, it feels like I'm on BBM all the time.
  • You can't delete one specific text, you have to delete the whole 'thread' of texts. Horrible.
  • The enter key substituting as a 'Send' key. I press enter all the time to use as the 'Return' button. They need to at least give an option like they did on previous BlackBerrys to turn that off (I hear that's available on the new OS leak)
If the next official OS fixes these issues, I'm all for it. Until then, I'm sort of regretting switching over. I still got my 8900, may just startusing it again.

# You can't delete one specific text, you have to delete the whole 'thread' of texts. Horrible.
# The enter key substituting as a 'Send' key. I press enter all the time to use as the 'Return' button. They need to at least give an option like they did on previous BlackBerrys to turn that off (I hear that's available on the new OS leak)

U can delete a single text, theres 2 options.
They let u set if u want the enter button to send.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

For those of you that previously had the bold 9000 and upgraded to the bold 9700 how was the transition? Currently wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the 9700.

i got the 9000 on release day last year, and upgraded to the 9700 on release day this year.

i've used the old Pearl, the Storm, the Tour, the 8830, the 8520, and of all those, the 9700 is the best BlackBerry i've ever owned.

when you ask about the transition, i'm assuming you're asking how long it took to get used to it. the 9700 is considerably smaller than the 9000, andthat took some time to get used to the smaller keys. beyond that, the trackpad is infinitely better than the trackballs. (i went through 4 Tours trying to get1 with a trackball that worked.)

i know the processor is supposed to be the same as the 9000, but the 9700 is faster for me in every way. internet is faster, boot time is faster, responsetimes are faster.

it's just a great phone.

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

# You can't delete one specific text, you have to delete the whole 'thread' of texts. Horrible.
# The enter key substituting as a 'Send' key. I press enter all the time to use as the 'Return' button. They need to at least give an option like they did on previous BlackBerrys to turn that off (I hear that's available on the new OS leak)

U can delete a single text, theres 2 options.
They let u set if u want the enter button to send.
On OS 5.0.0.330? That's the default OS for T-Mo. I heard you can on the new OS leaks.

anybody here got an ALL matte black kit for their 9700?
if so post pics PLEASE

not just the bezel but all the pieces
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by osubass1

bxbadboy90 wrote:

For those of you that previously had the bold 9000 and upgraded to the bold 9700 how was the transition? Currently wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to the 9700.

i got the 9000 on release day last year, and upgraded to the 9700 on release day this year.

i've used the old Pearl, the Storm, the Tour, the 8830, the 8520, and of all those, the 9700 is the best BlackBerry i've ever owned.

when you ask about the transition, i'm assuming you're asking how long it took to get used to it. the 9700 is considerably smaller than the 9000, and that took some time to get used to the smaller keys. beyond that, the trackpad is infinitely better than the trackballs. (i went through 4 Tours trying to get 1 with a trackball that worked.)

i know the processor is supposed to be the same as the 9000, but the 9700 is faster for me in every way. internet is faster, boot time is faster, response times are faster.

it's just a great phone.

That's interesting considering the Tour and Bold are essentially the same phone. Is the trackpad and wi-fi that big of a difference (please say no and makeme feel better about my Tour
laugh.gif
).

If I back everything from my 9000 to my laptop then purchase a 9700 and connect it, can I put everything from my 9000 to my 9700?

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

If I back everything from my 9000 to my laptop then purchase a 9700 and connect it, can I put everything from my 9000 to my 9700?

Yes, as far as info. Everything specific to that OS no.

New leak for BBM out, its like a new one everyday.
Wonder when they gonna release an official.

i think im gonna try and get rid of my iphone, i need to get back to blackberry. traded my bold for the iphone with a member on here a few months back, kindsregret it now
laugh.gif

anyone here own a bb phone with a trackball that has never messed up on them?...i want a tour but im kinda on the fence about having to go through phones everycouple of months

^ I would wait for the Tour 2 if you have Sprint which should be out in the next few months, and it will have the trackpad instead of the trackball and wifi.

Originally Posted by 1boredzombie

anyone here own a bb phone with a trackball that has never messed up on them?...i want a tour but im kinda on the fence about having to go through phones every couple of months
I have a tour and have had zero problems with it. But I have U.S Cingular and the tour just came out for it like last month, so it may be thenewer since I heard about the battery door being loose but mine is perfect.

tour9630.jpg
24k gold

pimp.gif

I just hope the tour 2 is the same EXACT shape,otherwise...
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom