OFFICIAL BOSTON RED SOX 2010 SEASON THREAD - RIP 2010 SEASON - Time To Play Spoiler

People were so concerned about the offense heading into the season... even with all the injuries we still had a top 2 offense in the big leagues along with the Yankees.

Can't win with lousy #*% pitching though. Beckett, Lackey, and Papelbon.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

^^ Hey, at least Dice-K doesn't cut his hand on a staircase or pitch every outing with mysterious bruises on his face
laugh.gif

ESPN is still going to treat you guys like royalty during that weekend series in Boston.
True True. Did they ever say where he got those bruises that one game. I saw it and Kay and Sterling were talkin about it. But I never heard if they said why they were there or not.

And I cant believe I forgot to mention Pap. I think I just got traumatized from his pitching this season. I never felt comfortable with him coming in to close it. I can only hope that we dont have to deal with that next year and Bard is our Official closer.

Disappointed I have to pack it in at the start of October.

Positives:
  • Despite a myriad of injuries to key players, were still able to stay in the WC race until the end.
  • Beltre had his best year at the plate since 2004.
  • Jon Lester is a bonafide #1 guy.
  • Papi is back.
  • Bucholz has recovered, and was having a Cy Young-type year until the end of the season.
Negatives:
  • Big-name starters/off-season signings (Lackey, Beckett) were brutal.
  • Papelbon had the worst statistical season of his career, and seemed to choke in every clutch situation he pitched in.
  • Injuries: Bad luck? or medical/training staff blunder?
  • Bullpen, sans Bard, was exposed.
  • Play by rookies, Kalish and Nava, was inspiring-- but ultimately, they made no tangible contributions.
See you next year.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Beltre had his best year at the plate since 2004.
Both were contract years, correct?  I am wary of him.
do you think we'll bring him back? i dont see us bringing him back. i would think it's him or vmart...and vmart might be more crucial at this point. i just don't think they will give him the years he's going to look for

Back
Top Bottom