Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Why wouldn't you get it? Id like your explination other than "it's a little old".

Btw, I'm in Tampa if you're interested in it still.

i'm looking at getting a kenwood double din unit but I honestly can't figure out which one to go with. To me it seems the more the money the better but I want video/gps/ipod seems like most of them got them features tho. any input? advice? i strictly want a kenwood tho. no other brands. thanks

This guide has some decent info for completely clueless people, but theres a lot of misinformation.

speakers arent "rated" for their power. Its a recommend number.

My components are rated for 60 watts, but i have 300 rms on each side. They sound amazing.

And the gain section is....interesting.

It doesnt even matter. You can try to explain gain all you want to people, but most on here will use it as a volume knob.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

This guide has some decent info for completely clueless people, but theres a lot of misinformation.

speakers arent "rated" for their power. Its a recommend number.

My components are rated for 60 watts, but i have 300 rms on each side. They sound amazing.

And the gain section is....interesting.

It doesnt even matter. You can try to explain gain all you want to people, but most on here will use it as a volume knob.
They have to underrate them so people don't toast them

Rms is only a thermal guideline anyway and not really important in the realm of things

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/ele/2205770526.html

What do you guys think of this?

Don't buy used stuff unless you can test them.

Originally Posted by ConcordeFliteSchool

i'm looking at getting a kenwood double din unit but I honestly can't figure out which one to go with. To me it seems the more the money the better but I want video/gps/ipod seems like most of them got them features tho. any input? advice? i strictly want a kenwood tho. no other brands. thanks
They're all pretty much the same besides a few odds and ends. Better interface, better sound quality, better ipod control. Go with whichever is in your budget.

thanks doom they are all in my budget but i've read things about the lesser models having 5 seconds between switching songs from the ipod and actually coming through speakers. being a constant song switcher i cant handle that

Dont mind the crappy phone video, sound a lot better. Going to finish tomm. and post video. Still need to re-tuck the wires, make mount for the speakers and cop some tweeter mounts to put by the side mirror

Is this worth $350?Mint Condition Kenwood DDX514 w/ iPod cable, wiring harness, cage, and faceplate trim Rockford Fosgate 1 farad capacitor (included free)

Is this worth $350?Mint Condition Kenwood DDX514 w/ iPod cable, wiring harness, cage, and faceplate trim Rockford Fosgate 1 farad capacitor (included free)

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Dont mind the crappy phone video, sound a lot better. Going to finish tomm. and post video. Still need to re-tuck the wires, make mount for the speakers and cop some tweeter mounts to put by the side mirror

I hope you set the gain right...if not those speakers will go poof sooner than later

You gotta set it again when u get a new deck, too.

yea, it took me about an hour of listen to old *** music but I kinda got it. Im going to check it again tomm tho because I when I added a little more bass on the hu there was a tiny bit of distortion.

yea, it took me about an hour of listen to old *** music but I kinda got it. Im going to check it again tomm tho because I when I added a little more bass on the hu there was a tiny bit of distortion.

It shouldn't distort

Check the amp and make sure it's clicked on hpf and the hpf is set to 100hz

When u get a sub, set it down to 80.

Oh wow, I thought it was built in on that one. BTW thanks for the help bro. So what would you ultimately recommend for my 03 Accord coupe? I've got a 12" Type R and a Kenwood 8105D amp. I really don't want to spend over $500 for a navi or over like 300 for a single.

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

It shouldn't distort

Check the amp and make sure it's clicked on hpf and the hpf is set to 100hz

When u get a sub, set it down to 80.

dumb question, but how do you know if its on 100hz when there are only dots? Ill post a pic in a sec

Back
Top Bottom