Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Originally Posted by Miniojw

$275 on ebay

seller?
It was a regular auction. really pointless to give you the sellers name (he has nothing to sell now)

But I just put the amp in and it super much better than what I had. Next for me is HIDs.

i got 2 type R10s myself, and one dude who got 2 memphis 12s tryna say i aint got no beat.
eyes.gif

he did his lil thang, NO FLEX, jus trunk noise

i put on da Juuuuu man and duke went
eek.gif
tired.gif
, hopped out my whip.

crazy cuz my type Rs were 200 for both and ol dude got his whole set up for like $700 (2 subs, amp, box) from this overrated audioshop
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Which of the following is a good component set to run with the Alpine PDX 5 amp?

Alpine SPX 17 pro

Image Dynamics CTX65cs

Pioneer TS C720PRS

Morel Tempo 6

TEMPO 6's ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

They will not disappoint, I've got a buddy with these in his car and he loves them. They are so clear and the bass is so smooth. If you were to keepthese and upgrade the amp, you could feed as much power you want to these without them popping. They are simply amazing.

But, the ID's are pretty good for sound quality also. They are both pretty comparable, but the Tempo's are so nice imo.

My system consists of:

Pioneer Premier DEH790BT
Alpine SPR 6.5c
Alpine SPR 69c
Alpine MRP 550-4
Rockford Fosgate 12" P3's
Hifonics 1600

It's aight. Looking to get some RE SE's or IDQ's pretty soon instead of the P3's. Also looking to ditch the speakers for some Tempo 6s.

Once that is done, then my system will be ppppppuuurrrrreeeeee ssssssseeeeeeexxxxxxx

Dont know JACK about car audio
but what do y'all use to play your iPods in the whip?
nerd.gif

I'm looking to invest into a sound system
I guess I should start with explaining what car and I have and what I'm looking for. I have a 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS. it has 6 speakers, 2 on the door,Two 1 1/2 inch tweeters by the front window, and 2 rear speakers above the back seats. My speakers and my deck are factory; I have the standard Impala deckwith the AUX input and such.

I'm looking for some 10" speakers with an nice size amp for me to actually beat loudly with a nice clear sound.

My question is for me to get a system with a nice sound and beat would I have to get a new deck and new interior speakers? Or will I be fine with the currentset-up and all I need would be the subwoofers and amp? Thanks for the help.

ok NT, so i need a bit of advice...
im picking up my new car which is an 05 civic lx with factory 6 disc changer, 2 front speakers, 2 tweeters in the front, and two 6x9's behind the rearseats close to the rear window..

im getting a deal at a local electronics mom&pop that includes a kenwood kac-7204 (1000 watts), and my choice of either two 10 inch kicker CVR's, OR,two 12 inch Kicker Comps, all for about 400 bucks even.. no tax. with installation...

now, i want to have as much trunk space as possible, but i still want a decent system... i dont want to stunt all over the place.. but i do want to impress ifi want to..
it all comes down to which subs are the best, the 10 inch CVR's or the 12 inch Comps.

EDIT: the headunit WILL be switched out for a Pioneer DEH-3000IB that i had in my old civic... the way i see it, the headunit will power the tweeters and the4 stock speakers and the amp will only power the subs

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

I'm a car audio noob and I'm looking to purchase a new deck for my car. Which one of these should I get?
JVC KD RD600
p105KDR600-f_mt.jpeg

or
Kenwood KDC-MP342U
p113MP342U-f_mt.jpeg

Your recommendations are welcome also, my price range is about 140$ or lower.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

def. kenwood

Originally Posted by Brilliant Overlord

I'm a car audio noob and I'm looking to purchase a new deck for my car. Which one of these should I get?
JVC KD RD600
p105KDR600-f_mt.jpeg

or
Kenwood KDC-MP342U
p113MP342U-f_mt.jpeg

Your recommendations are welcome also, my price range is about 140$ or lower.
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot.jpg

Kenwood

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I'm looking into this and there is no user review on the deck. It's the JVC KD-AVX77
23887.JPG
Meh...alpine 9887>

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

Which of the following is a good component set to run with the Alpine PDX 5 amp?

Alpine SPX 17 pro

Image Dynamics CTX65cs

Pioneer TS C720PRS

Morel Tempo 6
what pdx 5?

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

bump this thread is
pimp.gif

can some one please help, what else do I need to have decent sound
budget? what do u have so far?

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by Swag Surfer

Are Memphis Audio Subs good?

trash.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I tried to tell this dude who has two 15 Memphis Audios weren't messing with my other friends 2 12 Type R's
smh.gif
AND HAD TO NERVE TO TELL ME I DONT KNOW ABOUT CAR AUDIO
indifferent.gif
. That's why he gets no buns
smh.gif
Memphis audio is far from trash..

Originally Posted by early90s

Dont know JACK about car audio
but what do y'all use to play your iPods in the whip?
nerd.gif

How much u wanna spend?

Originally Posted by Ruff C

I'm looking to invest into a sound system
I guess I should start with explaining what car and I have and what I'm looking for. I have a 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS. it has 6 speakers, 2 on the door, Two 1 1/2 inch tweeters by the front window, and 2 rear speakers above the back seats. My speakers and my deck are factory; I have the standard Impala deck with the AUX input and such.

I'm looking for some 10" speakers with an nice size amp for me to actually beat loudly with a nice clear sound.

My question is for me to get a system with a nice sound and beat would I have to get a new deck and new interior speakers? Or will I be fine with the current set-up and all I need would be the subwoofers and amp? Thanks for the help.

You don't need a new deck but i would invest in one..same with the stock speakers..

why 10's?

Originally Posted by chrisl5mavs

ok NT, so i need a bit of advice...
im picking up my new car which is an 05 civic lx with factory 6 disc changer, 2 front speakers, 2 tweeters in the front, and two 6x9's behind the rear seats close to the rear window..

im getting a deal at a local electronics mom&pop that includes a kenwood kac-7204 (1000 watts), and my choice of either two 10 inch kicker CVR's, OR, two 12 inch Kicker Comps, all for about 400 bucks even.. no tax. with installation...

now, i want to have as much trunk space as possible, but i still want a decent system... i dont want to stunt all over the place.. but i do want to impress if i want to..
it all comes down to which subs are the best, the 10 inch CVR's or the 12 inch Comps.

EDIT: the headunit WILL be switched out for a Pioneer DEH-3000IB that i had in my old civic... the way i see it, the headunit will power the tweeters and the 4 stock speakers and the amp will only power the subs

Meh..cvr's are better..what kinda box?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

yo monday.... what do you think about this?? you know ive been looking for a good min for a deal... but i think i might just jump on this...
dude wants $400 but im gonna offer $350
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ele/1250544916.html

you STILL ain't get a system?
smh.gif
i wouldn't buy that..

Yo eggy.... I need another amp for my 12s.

That Hifonics Bull !!*% keeps blowing out.

Whats good with an Alpine amp or JL audio?

Back
Top Bottom