*** Official Carolina Panthers 2012 Thread - Week 16 (5-9) *** aka KEEP POUNDING!

I've been super busy, but I wanted to get the thread going for us Panthers' fans. Definitely enjoy the ride this season Panthers fans :pimp:

"A moment is upon us, where dreams become beliefs and yearning becomes conviction." - Ryan Kalil
Why the Carolina Panthers will win Super Bowl XLVII

Links and Sounds:

Best Carolina Panthers Forum on the Web: Cat Scratch Reader

Yahoo Sports: Yahoo! Sports - Carolina Panthers

ESPN: ESPN - Carolina Panthers

Team Leaders:

Passing Yards: Cam Newton - 3,451

Passing TDs: Cam Newton - 18

Rushing Yards: Cam Newton - 647

Rushing TDs: Cam Newton - 7

Receiving Yards: Steve Smith - 1,056

Receiving TDs: Greg Olsen - 5

Tackles - Luke Kuechly - 139

Sacks - Greg Hardy - 11.0

Interceptions - Captain Munnerlyn, Haruki Nakamura - 2

League Rankings:

Passing Yards: 233.4 - 15th

Rushing Yards: 121.6 - 9th

Opp. Passing Yards: 217.7 - 10th

Opp. Rushing Yards: 117.9 - 17th

Last edited:
my mans. :pimp:

im cool with the D so far...if the core stay healthy we can do some things this year.

Thank God for Captain is outta the starting lineup.

Smitty is hurt like really hurt, not a good sign.

Last edited:
Tonight was terrible. I really don't like McDermott. I gave him a chance last year with the beat up defense. But this was just ridiculous. So many slants. And never really like Josh Norman. And I hate that we're always trying to be pretty on offense. Kinda frustrating sometimes.

Like I said in the other thread, it feels like the Panthers have needed defensive tackle and secondary help for years, and it has gone unaddressed. There is a ton of talent on that side of the ball, but the front office and the coaching staff haven't been able to complete the puzzle. Lots of injuries, too, though.

I can't wait to see Gettis back out there eventually. I didn't really have any idea who he was before he came into the league, but he ended up being one of my favorites to watch by the end of that season. 6'3", track star in college, great route runner, played well with Clausen throwing him the ball as a rookie... He could very well go from sixth-round pick to star if he makes it back from the injury alright and gets a shot again.

Otah. :smh:

He, Gross and Kalil were so good when they were all on the field together. Their line/running game was the one constant even when they were bad.

All in all, there's a lot to like. I'm just an observer who has watched them a lot over the years because of Williams and Smith mostly, but they kind of sucked me in to root for them on the side. I like Gettis, Newton, Olsen, Kalil, Johnson, Hardy, Godfrey and Martin a lot, too.

Sunday is back again! The defense is bringing much needed pressure and challenging Matt Ryan. Good to see the offense getting off to a decent start. Let's Go Panthers!

What up fellas... We in here

:pimp:

Great game by us even tho I only caught the 4th.

Like I said we can win this divison

YoungThunder Cat your the biggest troll of all time. Before the Season you said it was between the Panthers and the Saints in the division. You obviously don't know football.

ATL >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Alright fellas, enough. I hate this term (Word to John Fox), but it is what it is. When you minimize mistakes, you win games. We had two key mistakes: Cam's late fumble and the secondary's inability to prevent a huge bomb. Our front 7 brought it yesterday and we needed that, but our secondary got carved up. Atlanta has been doing this very well all season. Can't wait to see them again later in the season.

Patience is wearing thin with this team, I don't know if its the coaching, Cam or secondary but something has to change or we are staring at a 1-15 record. Luke seems to be the only player playing with intensity. Literally at a lost for words.

I think it's time for a coaching change. Watching how Pete Caroll motivates and inspires him team with him intensity makes me wish he was my coach. Rivera is no NFL head coach.

For those that missed E60 of Steve Smith. Thought this was really deep. Glad to see Smitty has somewhat changed his way. Even though he's been in some sort of altercation in all of the games this season. Still my favorite player in the league.

!

Awesome vid arhymingape12 ! :pimp: . Smitty is my favorite player and it's been great to see his growth and maturity.

We got The Boys in town and we need a win, crucially. Let's Go Panthers!

I hate Chudzinski. Seen DeAngelo going a RT rant after the game. Noticed he RT'd something about the option zone read crap we've been running. I think that's what led to his 2 carries on Sunday. I'm tired of it as well. Chud either needs to go back to the pro style Offense or ****.

Yeah, Chud tries too hard to re-invent the wheel. I truly don't understand his play-calling, especially when we have a four-headed monster of a rushing attack. Keep it simple: off-tackle runs up the gut, draws, screens, two-TE sets. The options can be deadly, but we have to have the defense on their heels. We have to set them up. Marty Hurney has been fired, but I don't see how much that helps us RIGHT now. We'll see how things unfold. Keep your heads up, Panthers Nation.

the playcalling has been comedy to watch. How do you have a back whos completely heathly with a contract worth over 40 mil only touch the ball twice? im tired of the college tricky offense, lets line up and punch somebody in the mouth. Honestly compared to last year defense im satified with this years D. Now the O is whats struggling, i mean i dont even believe in the O at this point. When they got to the goalline on the first drive i said they would turn it over, and they did. Also i have no faith at the end of games, they are not mentally strong enough. they find ways to lose games.

i think firing the GM is the right move, hopefully its scared Chud bc if he doesnt get his crap together he'll be next.

Bumped for my Panthers fans.

The approach against the Bears has been what we should have been since game 1. Hopefully we can keep it up!

Go Panthers!

Back
Top Bottom