Official Celtics vs. Sixers Playoffs Series Thread (BOS wins 4-3) On to the ECF...

I been saying it, eff that small ball, thats exactly what Philly wants to play, run n gun and spreading the court. So happy to see Bass show up, he's been such a good player for us all season and finally showed up to the series. Maybe he won't ever have another game like that, but Brand will never have another 1st half like he had either. Celtics getting to the paint and Philly stay slapping down on forearms.

LOL at blaming the referees, refs weren't the ones who turned the ball over 9 times in 2nd half, or shot 32% in the 4th quarter. Lavoy Allen has been going over the back the entire series and tonight was the 1st time they called it.

That being said, Celtics still need to pick up their defensive rebounding. We did great with shutting down the passing lanes tonight, so many deflections and steals. Stiemsma and Bass FTW!

only saw the second half...

one of the biggest routings i've seen in a while
philly imploded/folded/packin their bags, makin their summer plans

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I been saying it, eff that small ball, thats exactly what Philly wants to play, run n gun and spreading the court. So happy to see Bass show up, he's been such a good player for us all season and finally showed up to the series. Maybe he won't ever have another game like that, but Brand will never have another 1st half like he had either. Celtics getting to the paint and Philly stay slapping down on forearms.

LOL at blaming the referees, refs weren't the ones who turned the ball over 9 times in 2nd half, or shot 32% in the 4th quarter. Lavoy Allen has been going over the back the entire series and tonight was the 1st time they called it.

That being said, Celtics still need to pick up their defensive rebounding. We did great with shutting down the passing lanes tonight, so many deflections and steals. Stiemsma and Bass FTW!
pimp.gif
 Amen. Lavoy is ALWAYS hopping on folks for rebounds, this time he got caught. Go AT those guys, not around them.
Need more from Pierce in game 6. Close it out.

Well see if the young guys on the Sixers are shook up after the rout tonight or if they're going to keep fighting to push it to a Game 7. Ima need Thaddeus Young to not be the worst player on the court again for us to do that. Evan and Jrue need to keep being aggressive. And Iggy needs to keep up the D he played in the first half tonight.

Sixers get outclassed again. I want to see a game 7, but it's not gonna be easy.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Sixers get outclassed again. I want to see a game 7, but it's not gonna be easy.
I hope there isn't a game 7.

As much as Bradley helps on D, he hurts on O. Wonder if him out actually helps us by using guys like Pietrus and Daniels now.

Bass
pimp.gif

So glad we somehow dished off Big Baby for him. You can complain about officiating, but you guys couldn't shoot either when Boston cranked up the pressure.

We need Indiana to take one more to make Miami even more tired.

That Boston run just put the nail in the coffin.   I would still like to see Ray get going moving forward in the next series.  His timing and rhythm seem off still and I saw him on the bench last night grimacing with his ankles. 

Boston should close this out and wait for Miami to do the same.  

Pretty good interview with Pierce:
Me: All right, got to ask an odd question: why did you start wearing the headband?

PP: 'Cause my hairline was starting to recede. [Laughs] No, that's not true. I remember, I don't know if it was my third year or fourth year. We all wore headbands at the start of a west coast swing. We won like three or four or five games in a row, and it kind of turned around our season. And I never stopped wearing them from that point on. But the other guys stopped wearing them. As a team, we wore them for a four- or five-game stretch, and I just kept it going.

laugh.gif

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/featur...p-gregg-popovich-team-usa/index.html#question

Pierce is building too big of a legacy to lose it to some no names in Philly. Let's close 'em out tomorrow night and get some rest.

The Sixers fan in me believes that they can truly come out on top the next two games. It just depends which team shows up. The lazy team or the team that played with an incredible amount of heart the first two months. But, the basketball fan in me knows that Boston is just too good for the Sixers.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Celtics by 5
I'd prefer a lot more. Make a statement, come out with the same fluidity and intensity from game 3. This team is in need of some serious rest.

Me too but it seems we like to play like %$%! after a win.

Bradley out too, and Ray is questionable.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Me too but it seems we like to play like %$%! after a win.

Bradley out too, and Ray is questionable.
Yep. Need the same defensive intensity from the second half, and the guys have to know not to come out flat. I think KG and Paul play a lot better than last game. I don't expect 27 from Bass but he will still need to get into the paint. Doc needs to play Steamer more too. Go at the Philly "bigs", if you can call them that, and try to get to the line. Time for this team to show its championship experience.

Back
Top Bottom